HomeLatest ThreadsGreatest ThreadsForums & GroupsMy SubscriptionsMy Posts
DU Home » Latest Threads » Forums & Groups » Main » Video & Multimedia (Forum) » Weekly Address: Ending th...
Introducing Discussionist: A new forum by the creators of DU

Sat Jan 12, 2013, 06:30 AM

Weekly Address: Ending the War in Afghanistan and Rebuilding America

&feature=player_embedded

Following his meeting with President Hamid Karzai, President Obama used his weekly address to update the American people on how we will end the war in Afghanistan, and how our goal of ensuring that al Qaeda never again uses Afghanistan to launch attacks against America is within reach. The war will be over by the end of next year, and we must now focus on the task of rebuilding America, strengthening our economy, and supporting our brave troops and veterans, and the President is confident we can meet these challenges by working together as a nation.

http://www.whitehouse.gov/the-press-office/2013/01/12/weekly-address-ending-war-afghanistan-and-rebuilding-america

5 replies, 857 views

Reply to this thread

Back to top Alert abuse

Always highlight: 10 newest replies | Replies posted after I mark a forum
Replies to this discussion thread
Arrow 5 replies Author Time Post
Reply Weekly Address: Ending the War in Afghanistan and Rebuilding America (Original post)
cal04 Jan 2013 OP
Botany Jan 2013 #1
JDPriestly Jan 2013 #2
Botany Jan 2013 #3
obama2terms Jan 2013 #5
Plucketeer Jan 2013 #4

Response to cal04 (Original post)

Sat Jan 12, 2013, 11:03 AM

1. "The nation we need to rebuild is our own."

The quicker we get out the better because even though I feel awful for the women and
children that will be left behind to suffer God knows what kinds of hell that place isn't
worth one more American life. President O was given the biggest crap sandwich in the
world when he tookoffice and he has tried his best to clean up all of the mess that was
left for him to deal with and overall he has done a very good job.

P.s. if the SCOTUS had not done that little bush v Gore thing we would never had been in
Afghanistan in the first place along w/ Iraq, the oil spill in the Gulf, the economy in a free
fall, and .....

Reply to this post

Back to top Alert abuse Link here Permalink

Response to Botany (Reply #1)

Sat Jan 12, 2013, 07:31 PM

2. Thanks. I suspect that 9/11 would not have happened on Gore's watch, had there been one.

Reply to this post

Response to JDPriestly (Reply #2)

Sat Jan 12, 2013, 08:08 PM

3. W and company had 70 or so warnings and didn't do a damn thing.

Al Gore would not have stayed on vacation for a month after seeing
the 8/6/01 PDB.

Reply to this post

Response to Botany (Reply #1)

Sun Jan 13, 2013, 09:10 AM

5. I wonder what

America would be like if Gore won instead.

Reply to this post

Response to cal04 (Original post)

Sat Jan 12, 2013, 08:47 PM

4. I suppose this should be heartening

For me, it's not. We should have been OUT of both stupid wars six months after Obama took office. In fact, that's what he PROMISED prospective voters on the caqmpaign trail - told them they could take that promise to the BANK! Right.

That we're STILL THERE - and gonna be there longer still is because of the promises made to US contractors as to how deeply they can thrust their greedy mitts into the federal coffers. That is the ONLY reason to stay. Casket makers (for example) probably have been promised a need for so many military issue caskets. Imagine the howl if they didn't get their promised business!

Reply to this post

Reply to this thread