HomeLatest ThreadsGreatest ThreadsForums & GroupsMy SubscriptionsMy Posts
DU Home » Latest Threads » Forums & Groups » Main » Video & Multimedia (Forum) » Fearmongering 'Obamacare ...
Introducing Discussionist: A new forum by the creators of DU

Thu Jan 10, 2013, 08:43 AM

Fearmongering 'Obamacare Survival Guide' Being Advertised on Fox News

9 replies, 2461 views

Reply to this thread

Back to top Alert abuse

Always highlight: 10 newest replies | Replies posted after I mark a forum
Replies to this discussion thread
Arrow 9 replies Author Time Post
Reply Fearmongering 'Obamacare Survival Guide' Being Advertised on Fox News (Original post)
celtics23 Jan 2013 OP
onthefence1 Jan 2013 #1
Scuba Jan 2013 #2
OKNancy Jan 2013 #5
L0oniX Jan 2013 #6
scientia Jan 2013 #9
plethoro Jan 2013 #7
dotymed Jan 2013 #3
GTurck Jan 2013 #4
plethoro Jan 2013 #8

Response to celtics23 (Original post)

Thu Jan 10, 2013, 08:59 AM

1. obamacare

I am afraid...i'm told that I have one of the best healthcare policies available, but I certainly don't consider my coverage as adequate. my deductible is more than 3,000 a year before insurance pays a penny. also, my weekly cost for the coverage just went up 35%. so, after increase in payroll tax and increase in insurance cost, my paycheck is about half it was 2 months ago. that would be fine if my debt were half as much too. unfortunately, my debt is the same and now its gonna take me much longer to decrease my debt since I now have less money.

if our govt would have just removed the fraud in our healthcare system, obamacare would have never been necessary. but now we have, what will be, an obamacare mess (all insurance companies will interpret differently because the laws were written on top of each other and not written very coherently). now we get obamacare and fraud still remains.

I do believe all americans should have access to healthcare, but this was and is not the answer.

Reply to this post

Back to top Alert abuse Link here Permalink

Response to onthefence1 (Reply #1)

Thu Jan 10, 2013, 09:09 AM

2. You are incorrect on almost every claim. Considering doing a little research before posting.

Reply to this post

Thu Jan 10, 2013, 10:37 AM

5. wait a minute, you said in a previous post you were laid off your job.

Reply to this post

Thu Jan 10, 2013, 10:43 AM

6. Although I expect you to get a pizza I will say that there are IMO some troubling aspects of ACA.

There so much hearsay that it's hard to get a good picture of how it will affect people at various levels of income. Right now I support 2 people on 15k a year. I don't expect to be able to pay a fine or a possible ACA yearly deductible. There's nothing that forces doctors to do anything for anyone. They might decide to go private and or refuse to take on anyone on ACA just like they are going to do to Medicare. No one can force them to take ACA and or Medicare clients.

Reply to this post

Response to L0oniX (Reply #6)

Wed Jan 30, 2013, 11:55 AM

9. There is no fine

You should read the law instead of getting your information from the paranoid right. The IRS can neither attach your property nor attach your wages. The "fine" is symbolic only.

Reply to this post

Thu Jan 10, 2013, 11:05 AM

7. Are you in a position to seek work in another country? If you are young, that

may be the solution. That's what my daughter is getting ready to do. Yes, I read the entire bill so I know what you're talking about. With the implementation of Obamacare my wife's company will no longer offer employee paid health insurance. So she will leave the company at the end of this year, to go on Medicare or a consulting assignment somewhere in the world helping them design care systems for the aged. I am trying to take care of all my medical needs this year as a precaution--I have been told to do this by the doctors I work with every day! Use your own counsel in your search for answers. Only you know your situation. Plus, it will save you a lot of gratuitous ridicule.

Reply to this post

Thu Jan 10, 2013, 09:22 AM

3. Off topic David....

The printed text at the bottom of your broadcasts is incoherent. IDK if it is computer generated, but it has always confused me, especially if I missed some spoken parts and want to clarify what was said...just an observation.

Reply to this post

Thu Jan 10, 2013, 10:00 AM

4. This has...

been on Current and MSNBC and other cable stations. Why don't we liberals have an answer to this?

Reply to this post

Response to GTurck (Reply #4)

Thu Jan 10, 2013, 12:05 PM

8. I just bought the book and another. I will read both and then start fighting the enemy.Here ya go.

Reply to this post

Reply to this thread