HomeLatest ThreadsGreatest ThreadsForums & GroupsMy SubscriptionsMy Posts
DU Home » Latest Threads » Forums & Groups » Main » Video & Multimedia (Forum) » Thom Hartmann: Can For-Pr...
Introducing Discussionist: A new forum by the creators of DU

Fri Jan 4, 2013, 02:00 PM

Thom Hartmann: Can For-Profit Corporations have a Religion?

Maureen Ferguson, The Catholic Association, joins Thom Hartmann. So is a CEO's religious freedom more important than the religious freedom of his/her employees? When one person forces their beliefs on another - that certainly isn't religious freedomů

The Big Picture with Thom Hartmann on RT TV & FSTV "live" 9pm and 11pm check www.thomhartmann.com/tv for local listings

7 replies, 1124 views

Reply to this thread

Back to top Alert abuse

Always highlight: 10 newest replies | Replies posted after I mark a forum
Replies to this discussion thread
Arrow 7 replies Author Time Post
Reply Thom Hartmann: Can For-Profit Corporations have a Religion? (Original post)
thomhartmann Jan 2013 OP
Angry Dragon Jan 2013 #1
JoeBlowToo Jan 2013 #2
tclambert Jan 2013 #3
fasttense Jan 2013 #4
cantbeserious Jan 2013 #5
Jack Rabbit Jan 2013 #6
PDJane Jan 2013 #7

Response to thomhartmann (Original post)

Fri Jan 4, 2013, 02:10 PM

1. Sure it can as long as the corporation gives up all its corporate protections

then it would be treated as a sole proprietorship

Reply to this post

Back to top Alert abuse Link here Permalink

Fri Jan 4, 2013, 02:17 PM

2. Corporations are people, my friend!

except when it comes to paying taxes.

Reply to this post

Sat Jan 5, 2013, 06:51 AM

3. If that religion includes human sacrifice, sure. They'll kill you for an extra nickel of profit.

Reply to this post

Sat Jan 5, 2013, 12:02 PM

4. What if my religion says I must use birth control?

So, if I work for these monolithic corporations, I have to violate my religion if I'm poor and have one of their crappy jobs? Sounds allot like when drugstores refused to serve black people at their food counters.

Allowing corporations to discriminate against all women by refusing them comprehensive medical coverage based on their bizarre religious ideas is going to back fire. I don't believe in blood transfusions and I don't want to allow my employees access to blood transfusions. I don't believe in circumcision and I wont allow my employees medical coverage to circumcise their children. I could go on and on.

But you know how these dancing supremes just hate the common man and love their bribes from corporations and RW fundies. So, you know what answer they are going to give.

Reply to this post

Sat Jan 5, 2013, 01:52 PM

5. Beware Of All Zealots - Especially Those Well Spoken, Well Dressed And Well Coiffed

eom

Reply to this post

Sat Jan 5, 2013, 02:14 PM

6. Of course they have a religion

Their idol golden calf is in Bowling Green Park.

Reply to this post

Sat Jan 5, 2013, 02:18 PM

7. Plan B does not induce an abortion. Never has.

What it does is delay ovulation so that the sperm dies before it can impregnate. Birth control pills do not induce abortions. They 'trick' the body into believing that a pregnancy is in progress, so that the body doesn't ovulate. This whole thing is a misunderstanding of how the body works.

I would also point out that anyone who talks so much about the constitution either doesn't understand the constitution or hasn't read the damn thing.

This is religion at its worst, and this little zealot hasn't a clue, not one, what she's talking about.

Reply to this post

Reply to this thread