HomeLatest ThreadsGreatest ThreadsForums & GroupsMy SubscriptionsMy Posts
DU Home » Latest Threads » Forums & Groups » Main » Video & Multimedia (Forum) » NRA's Newtown Statement A...
Introducing Discussionist: A new forum by the creators of DU

Fri Dec 21, 2012, 09:30 PM

NRA's Newtown Statement Absurd & Irresponsible (LP: I'd add one more laughable)

1 replies, 663 views

Reply to this thread

Back to top Alert abuse

Always highlight: 10 newest replies | Replies posted after I mark a forum
Replies to this discussion thread
Arrow 1 replies Author Time Post
Reply NRA's Newtown Statement Absurd & Irresponsible (LP: I'd add one more laughable) (Original post)
geefloyd46 Dec 2012 OP
truth2power Dec 2012 #1

Response to geefloyd46 (Original post)

Sat Dec 22, 2012, 09:23 AM

1. Everyone should watch this. David Packman has made some of the most astute points

I've seen so far.

LaPierre is nuts. All teachers should be armed? There should be a "national mental health database"? This last is one of the most alarming ideas I've heard yet.

Packman says that the teachers who were, just days ago, castigated for being overpaid and incompetent, are now supposed to be security officers?

Further, he says, the idea that someone "who sees a therapist because they're having trouble sleeping", will end up on a national database of possible mass murderers is crazy.

If I didn't know better, I'd say that LaPierre is part of a conspiracy to turn this country into more of a police state than it already is. But since we're not allowed, here on DU, to give any credence to "conspiracy theories" I guess I'll have to just go with the idea that he's nuts.

Reply to this post

Back to top Alert abuse Link here Permalink

Reply to this thread