HomeLatest ThreadsGreatest ThreadsForums & GroupsMy SubscriptionsMy Posts
DU Home » Latest Threads » Forums & Groups » Main » Video & Multimedia (Forum) » MI - Tea Party BUSTED: Wi...
Introducing Discussionist: A new forum by the creators of DU

Tue Dec 11, 2012, 05:19 PM

MI - Tea Party BUSTED: Witness explains how he saw Tea Party activists take down their own tents

Last edited Tue Dec 11, 2012, 06:44 PM - Edit history (2)

UPDATE: See this blog post for context: www.eclectablog.com/2012/12/breaking-americans-for-prosperity-stages-phony-altercation-at-michigan-right-to-work-rally.html

6 replies, 1544 views

Reply to this thread

Back to top Alert abuse

Always highlight: 10 newest replies | Replies posted after I mark a forum
Replies to this discussion thread
Arrow 6 replies Author Time Post
Reply MI - Tea Party BUSTED: Witness explains how he saw Tea Party activists take down their own tents (Original post)
UrbScotty Dec 2012 OP
1StrongBlackMan Dec 2012 #1
dixiegrrrrl Dec 2012 #2
JohnnyRingo Dec 2012 #3
Cal Carpenter Dec 2012 #4
Tx4obama Dec 2012 #5
Lefty48197 Dec 2012 #6

Response to UrbScotty (Original post)

Tue Dec 11, 2012, 05:47 PM

1. I wish ...

this guy had thought to videotape the guy in the NRA Jacket and Hat, doing the stake losening.

Reply to this post

Back to top Alert abuse Link here Permalink

Tue Dec 11, 2012, 05:50 PM

2. I do not know the context for this..

I assume Tea Party claimed their tent was smashed by union people?

Reply to this post

Tue Dec 11, 2012, 05:50 PM

3. There must be a back story here that I'm unaware of.

I just sat through 4:11 minutes of some guy talking about something that I didn't understand at all.

Perhaps instead of just posting a url, it would be helpful to add some text further explaining the context or even a link to use as reference before viewing a clip.

Were there tents knocked down at the Michigan protest? What happened? No need to explain now, I'll do some research.

Reply to this post

Tue Dec 11, 2012, 06:11 PM

4. VIDEO of the tent coming down

Reply to this post

Tue Dec 11, 2012, 07:29 PM

5. Article: Americans For Prosperity FAKE an Attack On Their Tent at Michigan Right to Work Rally

Americans For Prosperity Fake an Attack On Their Tent at Michigan Right to Work Rally

Prepare to be confronted with yet another example of right wing deliberate deception. Today at the Right to Work protest in Michigan, an Americans for Prosperity tent came down with people inside of it. Naturally, Fox was there to capture the scene and AFP were quick to blame it on violent union supporters. Also, Breitbart had a video, naturally, blaming the tent falling on violent union supporters, with a video that doesn’t start until well after the melee (of course).

But as you have learned, all is not what it seems in Right Wing world.

A protester of the anti-union law passed today, Tom Duckworth, saw a man he’d spoken to earlier in the tent, wearing NRA garb, kick the tent poles from the inside of the tent. Duckworth thought they must be getting ready to leave, until he realized there were people inside the tent. So, basically, a person described by Duckworth as “clearly a member of Americans for Propserty” kicked the tent down and then AFP blamed it on the unions.

-snip-

Full article here: http://www.politicususa.com/americans-prosperity-fake-attack-tent-michigan-work-rally.html

Reply to this post

Wed Dec 12, 2012, 12:53 AM

6. I was standing watching the "tent incident"

After the tent came down, I did see a guy walking around with a black jacket that had an "NRA senior target instructor" embroidery or something to that effect. He was a little sawed off runt who was obviously trying to make up for his perceived lack of stature by being mister tough gun guy.

Whent he tent came down, there were some small tables inside the tent that left shapes and people were concerned that some people were still trapped inside, so I saw a couple of (union) guys cutting open the tent and sticking their heads inside to see if there were any people still inside and they confirmed that everybody had gotten out safely.

HOW did the tent come down? A big wind blew it down.

Reply to this post

Reply to this thread