HomeLatest ThreadsGreatest ThreadsForums & GroupsMy SubscriptionsMy Posts
DU Home » Latest Threads » Forums & Groups » Main » Video & Multimedia (Forum) » Our Broken-Ass System (Mi...
Introducing Discussionist: A new forum by the creators of DU

Tue Dec 11, 2012, 03:38 PM

Our Broken-Ass System (Michigan Demonstrations)

4 replies, 887 views

Reply to this thread

Back to top Alert abuse

Always highlight: 10 newest replies | Replies posted after I mark a forum
Replies to this discussion thread
Arrow 4 replies Author Time Post
Reply Our Broken-Ass System (Michigan Demonstrations) (Original post)
rdubwiley Dec 2012 OP
Warpy Dec 2012 #1
livingonearth Dec 2012 #2
drynberg Dec 2012 #3
ancianita Dec 2012 #4

Response to rdubwiley (Original post)

Tue Dec 11, 2012, 03:45 PM

1. Sorry, buddy

I know you think the violence is counterproductive but you're not dealing with soft, pink men who went to expensive schools and wear expensive suits and rob with a pen. You're dealing with the working class here and they know their own history and that of the soft pink men who hire goons to do their dirty work and react accordingly.

While I hate the idea and experience of violence, I know violence has been necessary at every occasion when working people have tried to organize and gain or regain their rights, wresting them from industry and a corrupt government that stands with the powerful against the people.

However, yeah, the system is broken.

Reply to this post

Back to top Alert abuse Link here Permalink

Tue Dec 11, 2012, 04:18 PM

2. I say no violence as well!

I agree with this guy. We have to be like Gandhi. The repukes and their pundits can't wait for violence so they can play the victim, as they shit all over the working man.

Reply to this post

Wed Dec 12, 2012, 08:10 AM

3. I AGREE WITH POSTER, VIOLENCE AIN'T DA ANSWER, IT'S A CAUSE

For more heads to get whacked or pepper sprayed. The leadership of the worker/protesters needs to lead their members towards a peaceful path for many reasons such as it's the right thing to do and violence just plays into the trashing of the movement in the media, plus the cop-thugs get a free pass to escalating the violence against all the protesters, whether they used even a tiny bit o' violence or none. Synder is dead wrong and a big fat liar, plus the sons and daughters of Reuther deserve more than a RTW state. That's one former Michiganer's view, you?

Reply to this post

Wed Dec 12, 2012, 08:13 AM

4. Bear down on the new reps of the new legislative session! Don't just wallow in helpless anger.

There is work to do. Put your reps to work to

1. rescind all right to work laws

2. put bargaining rights into the Michigan constitution.

PLAN PLAN PLAN how to channel your current energies into unfucking Michigan workers. You can do this!

Reply to this post

Reply to this thread