HomeLatest ThreadsGreatest ThreadsForums & GroupsMy SubscriptionsMy Posts
DU Home » Latest Threads » Forums & Groups » Main » Video & Multimedia (Forum) » COULTER CAVES! - We LOST ...
Introducing Discussionist: A new forum by the creators of DU

Thu Dec 6, 2012, 11:27 AM

COULTER CAVES! - We LOST The Election.

MORON vs. MORON ....

Sean Hannity brought on Ann Coulter tonight to talk about the current negotiations over the fiscal cliff and what the Republican party can do to reach an acceptable compromise. Coulter surprised Hannity when she argued that the GOP should back away from trying to fight the Democrats on raising taxes on the wealthy in order not to feed into the media stereotype about Republicans.

15 replies, 2281 views

Reply to this thread

Back to top Alert abuse

Always highlight: 10 newest replies | Replies posted after I mark a forum
Replies to this discussion thread
Arrow 15 replies Author Time Post
Reply COULTER CAVES! - We LOST The Election. (Original post)
Segami Dec 2012 OP
lalalu Dec 2012 #1
Vogon_Glory Dec 2012 #2
Segami Dec 2012 #4
yesphan Dec 2012 #3
Plucketeer Dec 2012 #5
demOcrat11 Dec 2012 #6
Jack Rabbit Dec 2012 #7
Xipe Totec Dec 2012 #8
grahamhgreen Dec 2012 #9
Cary Dec 2012 #10
rablrouzer Dec 2012 #11
greenman3610 Dec 2012 #12
zipplewrath Dec 2012 #13
jjewell Dec 2012 #14
ballaratocker Dec 2012 #15

Response to Segami (Original post)

Thu Dec 6, 2012, 11:32 AM

1. Why is this fiendish hag still getting coverage?

Reply to this post

Back to top Alert abuse Link here Permalink

Thu Dec 6, 2012, 11:32 AM

2. Moron vs Moron? Nah, Jerk vs Jerkette

Moron versus Moron? Regrettably no. Coulter has brains even if I firmly believe that she misuses them for rotten, corrupt causes and an evil agenda.

More like jerk vs jerk-ette.

Reply to this post

Response to Vogon_Glory (Reply #2)

Thu Dec 6, 2012, 11:45 AM

4. Is Hannity the ' Jerkette ' and Coulter the ' Jerk '?....LOL!

I hear she sports a larger Adam's Apple than Hannity..

Reply to this post

Thu Dec 6, 2012, 11:41 AM

3. Thanks for the synopsis

as I can not bring myself to watch these two. Even for a moment.

Reply to this post

Thu Dec 6, 2012, 11:56 AM

5. EPIC SAGA!!!

SEE IT ON THE BIG SCREEN! SEE THE SPECTACLE - THE GRIZZLED GORE AND COMBAT - SEE....WHEN STUPIDS COLLIDE!

Reply to this post

Thu Dec 6, 2012, 12:07 PM

6. What !!!

You cant fix stupid. They make no sense. Sooner people realise that the old economy isnt coming back the better off we will all be, and the whole point of re-electing President Obama was for us to try his idea's and for us to let him lead us into a more productive 21st century. America has President Obama in the white house for 4 more yrs instead of fighting the man over non sense try listening to him Sean & Ann are pathetic the GOP is doomed.

Reply to this post

Thu Dec 6, 2012, 12:31 PM

7. ZZZZZZzzzzzzz

It's too early in the morning to try to analyze this kind of nonsense.

(Republicans) lost the election.

That is the first accurate statement ever uttered by the Coultergeist. I guess that makes this newsworthy.

Reply to this post

Thu Dec 6, 2012, 12:37 PM

8. Let it not be said that Ann Coulter is dumb. Evil, mean, corrupt, yes. Dumb? No. But Hannity?

"Dumber than a bag of hammers" was modeled after him.

Reply to this post

Thu Dec 6, 2012, 12:44 PM

9. "Go after the 1% of the 1%", the only thing she's ever said that makes sense!

Reply to this post

Thu Dec 6, 2012, 01:39 PM

10. This is an amazing exchange on many levels

I despise Ann Coulter as much as anyone but I cannot honestly say that she is stupid. She is clearly on to something here. But before getting to that, notice how glib she is about the economy crashing over the next 4 years. We are headed towards catastrophe, she says as if it was pre-ordained. Why? Because this group identified as "everyone I know" is going to part time work. Of course she slips "Obamacare" in there and, amazingly, she makes another glib claim about how the media convinced everyone that the depression we're in was Bush's fault.

There is so much there. For one, notice the fear mongering. That one sticks out at me. They always have to be fear mongers.

So she's predicting gloom and doom because people aren't working? Hmmmm. That sounds a little Keynesian to me. I thought that we were supposed to get our work from the "job creators?" She seems to have a little problem with her nexus here. The economy is going to crash because people don't have work, but work comes from the "job creators?" Which is it?

It's funny, too, how she just can predict catastrophe, but what happened to the catastrophe that we have just had? It seems like Ann doesn't realize that the economy totally crashed in 2008. And did she predict that catastrophe? I don't remember that she did. I remember my own thinking, which was that it sure seemed like a bubble in the housing market and that sure seemed like we would have a problem when it burst. That seemed obvious to me, yet I don't recall Ann ever saying boo.

On a deeper level what are they really arguing about here? This is what I find truly amazing. The efficacy of their ideology, well to these two pixies that's just a given. But Ann is wisely saying that they cannot win if they come out directly for what we all know them to be for directly. She's right, of course. Hannity is oblivious. Coulter is saying that "conservatives" have to weave this little web of deception as to what their ideology is really all about in order to blame the impending doom on Democrats. After all, she says, they did lose the election.

Hannity is arguing that they have to go down in flames.

The other nice bit of pretzel logic from Ann was the schtick about the existing rich people, like Warren Buffet, and the people who are trying to get rich. She wants to stick it to Warren Buffet? How convoluted is that?

Reply to this post

Thu Dec 6, 2012, 01:40 PM

11. Note how Hannity excludes HIMSELF from the MEDIA

Years ago my Ditto-head Brother in Law got all his news and views from Rush and Fox.

Rush and Fox somehow persuaded him that NOTHING in what they called the MSM (Main Stream Media) could be trusted.

Leaving his entire reality in the Rush-Fox sphere of influence.

Then he lost his job, and his wife was on a layoff track (she won the lottery, and after "applying for her own job," was allowed to keep it.

Didn't turn him into a liberal or even a blue dog, but at least he's taken off his tin foil hat.

But there's Hannity, excluding himself from the media. He and Coal-tun are still going on about how the "media" will turn Republican actions against Republicans. At least, Ann knows the Repigs will LOSE as a result of people watching them in action.

Hannity probably just wants ratings, which are sure to be juiced if Repubs block "the middle class tax cuts" and follow by driving the stock market into the red by screwing up the debt increase.

His boss, the Rupert, could write off America and switch passports again.

Bet they both have scads of gold in Swiss Bank Accounts.

Reply to this post

Thu Dec 6, 2012, 01:41 PM

12. watching this makes me think of big time wresting

fake throws and punches

Reply to this post

Thu Dec 6, 2012, 01:49 PM

13. 2 idiots

According to Click and Clack, the only thing more dangerous than a guy who doesn't know what he is talking about, is 2 guys that don't know what they are talking about. One idiot says "I dunno". But two idiots say, "I dunno, but it could be...."

Reply to this post

Thu Dec 6, 2012, 01:58 PM

14. It just goes to show...

"Ann Coulter Says GOP Should Give In To Obama On Taxes: 'We Lost The Election'..." - Huff Post

"If we don't run Chris Christie, Romney will be our candidate and we'll lose..." - Ann Coulter

Just like the broken clock that shows the correct time twice a day, Ann Coulter has been correct twice this year...

Reply to this post

Sat Dec 8, 2012, 03:58 AM

15. The funny thing about Warren Buffett is

that he believes the top marginal tax rate should go up. She is basing her entire argument on her own prejudices and how she would feel if taxes were raised on her. It seems impossible to her that some view taxes not as a penalty but as an investment in the society one lives in.

Reply to this post

Reply to this thread