HomeLatest ThreadsGreatest ThreadsForums & GroupsMy SubscriptionsMy Posts
DU Home » Latest Threads » Forums & Groups » Main » Video & Multimedia (Forum) » Thom Hartmann: Obama Brea...
Introducing Discussionist: A new forum by the creators of DU

Mon Dec 3, 2012, 12:32 PM

Thom Hartmann: Obama Breaks the Golden Rule on Drones

Drones are supposed to be used in combat situations with our enemies - and yet we are using them freewillingly in nations that we're allies with. What kind of precedent are our government's actions setting for the future of drone warfare across the globe?

The Big Picture with Thom Hartmann on RT TV & FSTV "live" 9pm and 11pm check www.thomhartmann.com/tv for local listings

1 replies, 628 views

Reply to this thread

Back to top Alert abuse

Always highlight: 10 newest replies | Replies posted after I mark a forum
Replies to this discussion thread
Arrow 1 replies Author Time Post
Reply Thom Hartmann: Obama Breaks the Golden Rule on Drones (Original post)
thomhartmann Dec 2012 OP
rwsanders Dec 2012 #1

Response to thomhartmann (Original post)

Mon Dec 3, 2012, 12:46 PM

1. I kind of doubt that they were ever tools of combat, it appears only a tool of remote controlled...

murder.
Maybe someone else here is better at evaluating flight capabilities than I am, but it doesn't appear that these things would hold up well against a nation that had any combat aircraft. Additionally, I'd bet their armament wouldn't hold up well against a fortified emplacement or armored vehicle.
They seem to simply be a way to sneak in a dispose of a small group of people. Plus now that other nations have them, our military will have the excuse they need to implement skynet to protect us from other nations' drones.
What a wonderful world DARPA has created.

Reply to this post

Back to top Alert abuse Link here Permalink

Reply to this thread