HomeLatest ThreadsGreatest ThreadsForums & GroupsMy SubscriptionsMy Posts
DU Home » Latest Threads » Forums & Groups » Main » Video & Multimedia (Forum) » Charlie Chaplin "Let...
Introducing Discussionist: A new forum by the creators of DU

Sun Dec 2, 2012, 09:47 PM

Charlie Chaplin "Let Us All Unite!"

Charlie Chaplinís brilliant speech at the end of the film, The Great Dictator, gets the auto-tune treatment:

The evil doers of the world are on notice! In 1940.

http://bobcesca.com/blog-archives/2012/12/let-us-all-unite.html

6 replies, 1817 views

Reply to this thread

Back to top Alert abuse

Always highlight: 10 newest replies | Replies posted after I mark a forum
Replies to this discussion thread
Arrow 6 replies Author Time Post
Reply Charlie Chaplin "Let Us All Unite!" (Original post)
sheshe2 Dec 2012 OP
JaneyVee Dec 2012 #1
sheshe2 Dec 2012 #2
Adenoid_Hynkel Dec 2012 #3
sheshe2 Dec 2012 #4
geefloyd46 Dec 2012 #5
MarianJack Dec 2012 #6

Response to sheshe2 (Original post)

Sun Dec 2, 2012, 11:26 PM

1. K&R! One of my favorite speeches ever.

Reply to this post

Back to top Alert abuse Link here Permalink

Response to JaneyVee (Reply #1)

Sun Dec 2, 2012, 11:36 PM

2. I know! Simply amazing!

Reply to this post

Mon Dec 3, 2012, 12:04 AM

3. meh. I prefer it un-fucked with

You don't improve Chaplin.
His work is perfect as it is.

Reply to this post

Response to Adenoid_Hynkel (Reply #3)

Mon Dec 3, 2012, 12:41 AM

4. You are so very correct!

Don't give yourselves to these unnatural men, machine men, with machine minds and machine hearts. You are not machines. You are not cattle. You are men. You have the love of humanity in your hearts. You don't hate - only the unloved hate. Only the unloved and the unnatural. Soldiers - don't fight for slavery, fight for liberty.

In the seventeenth chapter of Saint Luke it is written " the kingdom of God is within man " - not one man, nor a group of men - but in all men - in you, the people.

You the people have the power, the power to create machines, the power to create happiness. You the people have the power to make life free and beautiful, to make this life a wonderful adventure. Then in the name of democracy let's use that power - let us all unite. Let us fight for a new world, a decent world that will give men a chance to work, that will give you the future and old age and security. By the promise of these things, brutes have risen to power, but they lie. They do not fulfil their promise, they never will. Dictators free themselves but they enslave the people. Now let us fight to fulfil that promise. Let us fight to free the world, to do away with national barriers, do away with greed, with hate and intolerance. Let us fight for a world of reason, a world where science and progress will lead to all men's happiness.

Soldiers - in the name of democracy, let us all unite!

Look up! Look up! The clouds are lifting - the sun is breaking through. We are coming out of the darkness into the light. We are coming into a new world. A kind new world where men will rise above their hate and brutality.

Awesome!

The soul of man has been given wings - and at last he is beginning to fly. He is flying into the rainbow - into the light of hope - into the future, that glorious future that belongs to you, to me and to all of us. Look up. Look up."

Read more: http://www.clown-ministry.com/index_1.php/articles/text_of_charlie_chaplins_speech_from_the_great_dictator_aka_look_up_hannah/#ixzz2DxrBzmy2

Reply to this post

Mon Dec 3, 2012, 06:23 AM

5. It also has some incredibly funny scenes too like...

Hitler and Mussolini in barber chairs to see who can get higher.

Reply to this post

Mon Dec 3, 2012, 07:44 AM

6. I'll always K&R Charlie Chaplin!

Thank you for posting.

PEACE!

Reply to this post

Reply to this thread