HomeLatest ThreadsGreatest ThreadsForums & GroupsMy SubscriptionsMy Posts
DU Home » Latest Threads » Forums & Groups » Main » Video & Multimedia (Forum) » Weekly Address: Urging Co...
Introducing Discussionist: A new forum by the creators of DU

Sat Dec 1, 2012, 08:38 AM

Weekly Address: Urging Congress to Extend the Middle Class Tax Cuts

&feature=player_embedded

President Obama speaks to the American people from a busy factory floor in Pennsylvania about the urgent need to pass the middle class tax cuts, which will give families and businesses preparing for the holidays the certainty they need going into the New Year. Democrats and Republicans must come together to pass one thing that everyone agrees on—extending income tax cuts for 98 percent of American families and 97 percent of small businesses, and there is no reason to wait. The President urges Congress to take action to help grow our economy and strengthen the middle class.

http://www.whitehouse.gov/the-press-office/2012/11/30/weekly-address-urging-congress-extend-middle-class-tax-cuts

1 replies, 499 views

Reply to this thread

Back to top Alert abuse

Always highlight: 10 newest replies | Replies posted after I mark a forum
Replies to this discussion thread
Arrow 1 replies Author Time Post
Reply Weekly Address: Urging Congress to Extend the Middle Class Tax Cuts (Original post)
cal04 Dec 2012 OP
yends21012 Dec 2012 #1

Response to cal04 (Original post)

Sat Dec 1, 2012, 08:51 AM

1. He explains the tax cut very well.

He does mention that raising taxes on the wealthiest to help the US pay for things it needs like education and research. Those are absolutely necessary for the current and future health of this country, but I wonder if he mentioned infrastructure and energy, those things would in my mind translate to JOBS now.

Reply to this post

Back to top Alert abuse Link here Permalink

Reply to this thread