HomeLatest ThreadsGreatest ThreadsForums & GroupsMy SubscriptionsMy Posts
DU Home » Latest Threads » Forums & Groups » Main » Video & Multimedia (Forum) » Anita Hill, Sandra Fluke,...

Mon Nov 26, 2012, 03:22 AM

Anita Hill, Sandra Fluke, and Garry Trudeau speak at the National Women's Law Center annual dinner

Law professor Anita Hill, women's rights activist Sandra Fluke and cartoonist Garry Trudeau spoke to journalist Michel Martin at the National Women's Law Center annual dinner on November 14, 2012. They talked about their various experiences in the media spotlight on women's rights issues, and how far we've come (and not come) since the Clarence Thomas hearings.

Related link...
http://www.rawstory.com/rs/2012/11/22/watch-anita-hill-and-sandra-fluke-talk-about-being-in-the-eye-of-the-misogynist-media-storm/

1 replies, 733 views

Reply to this thread

Back to top Alert abuse

Always highlight: 10 newest replies | Replies posted after I mark a forum
Replies to this discussion thread
Arrow 1 replies Author Time Post
Reply Anita Hill, Sandra Fluke, and Garry Trudeau speak at the National Women's Law Center annual dinner (Original post)
Tx4obama Nov 2012 OP
rainin Nov 2012 #1

Response to Tx4obama (Original post)

Mon Nov 26, 2012, 06:37 PM

1. I loved Sandra Fluke's story at the end.

I agree with her. We do need to hold our elected officials accountable. Also, it is so great to see Anita Hill again. I remember where I was when she testified in those hearings. I remember how despondent I was at how she was treated. What kind of country puts a man like Clarence Thomas on the nation's highest court for life? Tragic.

Reply to this post

Back to top Alert abuse Link here Permalink

Reply to this thread