HomeLatest ThreadsGreatest ThreadsForums & GroupsMy SubscriptionsMy Posts
DU Home » Latest Threads » Forums & Groups » Main » Video & Multimedia (Forum) » Obama is the Antichrist

Wed Oct 24, 2012, 03:28 AM

Obama is the Antichrist

I thought a little bit of equal time might be okay

42 replies, 4133 views

Reply to this thread

Back to top Alert abuse

Always highlight: 10 newest replies | Replies posted after I mark a forum
Replies to this discussion thread
Arrow 42 replies Author Time Post
Reply Obama is the Antichrist (Original post)
Douglas Carpenter Oct 2012 OP
defacto7 Oct 2012 #1
freshwest Oct 2012 #10
lumpy Oct 2012 #32
freshwest Oct 2012 #37
lumpy Oct 2012 #38
eyewall Oct 2012 #2
TDale313 Oct 2012 #3
gordianot Oct 2012 #4
DhhD Oct 2012 #22
DhhD Oct 2012 #24
tomm2thumbs Oct 2012 #5
Drunken Irishman Oct 2012 #6
yends21012 Oct 2012 #7
Bernardo de La Paz Oct 2012 #30
BainsBane Oct 2012 #8
Patiod Oct 2012 #27
BainsBane Oct 2012 #9
freshwest Oct 2012 #11
Astazia Oct 2012 #12
Dustlawyer Oct 2012 #25
Astazia Oct 2012 #40
Gabby Hayes Oct 2012 #13
AbrahamFungusJr Oct 2012 #14
Gabby Hayes Oct 2012 #17
SemperEadem Oct 2012 #15
MisterGamut Oct 2012 #16
freshwest Oct 2012 #39
MisterGamut Oct 2012 #41
Spitfire of ATJ Oct 2012 #18
deutsey Oct 2012 #19
oswaldactedalone Oct 2012 #20
miamipilot Oct 2012 #21
WhoIsNumberNone Oct 2012 #23
Laf.La.Dem. Oct 2012 #26
beerandjesus Oct 2012 #28
WhoIsNumberNone Oct 2012 #29
lumpy Oct 2012 #31
ProudProgressiveNow Oct 2012 #33
Plucketeer Oct 2012 #34
Mr Pettibone Oct 2012 #35
BarackTheVote Oct 2012 #36
TruthBeTold65 Oct 2012 #42

Response to Douglas Carpenter (Original post)

Wed Oct 24, 2012, 03:30 AM

1. Oh, please....

another day, another anti-christ. Always the last straw to pull.

The Anti-Christ Card!

Reply to this post

Back to top Alert abuse Link here Permalink

Response to defacto7 (Reply #1)

Wed Oct 24, 2012, 03:54 AM

10. This deck has been in play since 2008. Van Impe preys on the fearful and gullible.

Reply to this post

Response to freshwest (Reply #10)

Wed Oct 24, 2012, 01:41 PM

32. This shit has been going on since Christ was on the cross.

There are so many gullible people in this crazy world.

Reply to this post

Response to lumpy (Reply #32)

Wed Oct 24, 2012, 02:35 PM

37. Ah, but we are talking about Obama here, though. I've tried to refute this insanity for 4 years now.

It went on steroids when Obama was sworn in. Wingnuts were convinced of his schemes prior to the election, not just because of being of black, but there was just too much diversity in his life.

It was at the same time Alex Jones and the patriot movement, moved more mainstream with the Tea Party and Ron Paul. These wingnuts didn't just appear suddenly as the Koch brothers began bankrolling the baggers and making a media show out of them. It had been building, along with Democrats who were disaffected by Bush and bought into conspiracy land. All the same themes, no wonder, the Koch family started the John Birch Society, and Jones fed on that:

http://www.splcenter.org/get-informed/intelligence-files/profiles/alex-jones

The numbers of people that became hard core wingnut in the latter Bush years and then voted consistently for baggers and libertarians matches the number of the DVDs sent out here. This has been part of the GOP ground game.

While not all of them are religious, I saw average Christians for whom the horror shows presented drew on the terrors taught to them as children and they succumbed to this irrational feat/hatred. The Christian Nationalist movement is built on the premise there is no other way to resist being forced to submit to Islam than to increase one's faith in what many of them had outgrown. In none of these is the freedom that our secular society and government granted given voice.

Atheism mocking them does not work to break the spell, it makes them resist being challenged of their childhood security. I have argued with those who want to go back to the 1950s to recreate that era in a sort of Disneyland fashion, a fantasy that never existed.

Obsession: Radical Islam's War Against the West, also called Obsession, is a 2005 documentary film about the perceived threat of radical Islam to Western civilization. Using extensive Arab television footage it claims to give an "insider's view" of the hatred preached by radicals to incite global jihad and seek world domination. It also draws parallels between World War II's Nazi movement and Islamism and the West's response to those threats.

Wayne Kopping of South Africa co-wrote and directed the film. Raphael Shore, a Canadian-Israeli, co-wrote and produced the film, and is the founder of The Clarion Fund, the film's distributor. The movie received praise from conservative personalities in the media but others criticized it as Islamophobic with a political agenda, and for its association with pro-Israeli groups.

Segments of the movie were broadcast on CNN Headline News and in several specials on Fox News. The movie was also screened on 30 college campuses and Capitol Hill. The unusual distribution of 28 million free Obsession DVDs as an insert in over 70 newspapers predominantly in swing states before the United States 2008 presidential election, garnered much attention, with 5 newspapers refusing to distribute the DVD. National Public Radio reported that it was unclear as to who funded Clarion's distribution of the DVD.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Obsession:_Radical_Islam%27s_War_Against_the_West

Since then, they've swallowed a steady diet of Jones and Beck, and gone around the bend. And the GOP has pushed on with a string of movies this year, at least four that I know of, to keep them in this waking nightmare. This is just as serious to them as the worries of peasants in the Dark Ages about the changes in the calendar, the Apocalypse and all of it. The themes keep going on and people keep buying it.

Reply to this post

Response to freshwest (Reply #37)

Wed Oct 24, 2012, 02:39 PM

38. Aye, verily.

Thanks

Reply to this post

Wed Oct 24, 2012, 03:34 AM

2. Guy's wearing an awful hairpiece.

Reply to this post

Wed Oct 24, 2012, 03:35 AM

3. well, I'm convinced.

Reply to this post

Wed Oct 24, 2012, 03:39 AM

4. Just another secret handshake through the veil.

Reply to this post

Response to gordianot (Reply #4)

Wed Oct 24, 2012, 09:16 AM

22. And Christ is presenting his nail scared hand so evidently the Rapture has already occurred.

Reply to this post

Response to DhhD (Reply #22)

Wed Oct 24, 2012, 09:18 AM

24. And the Rapture occurred sometime in the 1820s.

Reply to this post

Wed Oct 24, 2012, 03:39 AM

5. (( picturing the gesturing he must do sitting on the toilet ))

Guess he has lost his mystical magical powers now.
Yep, he poops. So sayeth Euripideeees #2

Reply to this post

Wed Oct 24, 2012, 03:42 AM

6. Oh God. Is that Jack Van Impe?

I see ads for his show on one of our stations here.

Reply to this post

Wed Oct 24, 2012, 03:46 AM

7. So does a Repug vote or not following his logic

sort of

A rethug can't vote for Obama because if he is the AC then they might be considered aiding and abetting.
A rethug can't vote for Rmoney because they may thwart JC return.
Oh what to do?
How about stay home, close the blinds, and wait. One less vote against President Obama.
Get the word out to RW evangelicals, don't vote.

Reply to this post

Response to yends21012 (Reply #7)

Wed Oct 24, 2012, 12:57 PM

30. Plus stay-home-Rs don't vote down-ticket either for Senators or Representatives, etc. nt

Reply to this post

Wed Oct 24, 2012, 03:50 AM

8. I'm pretty sure Wayne LaPierre has earned that title

Or at least that of most dangerous man on earth.

Reply to this post

Response to BainsBane (Reply #8)

Wed Oct 24, 2012, 10:48 AM

27. He's in a close battle with Grover Norquist (nt)

Reply to this post

Wed Oct 24, 2012, 03:53 AM

9. Illuminati and Council on Foreign Relations in the same sentence

since they have so much in common.

Reply to this post

Response to BainsBane (Reply #9)

Wed Oct 24, 2012, 04:06 AM

11. He left out the dogwhistles, liberty, patriot and free-dumb!

Alex Jones knows how deep the rabbit hole goes.

Every week from his studio in Austin, Texas, he dives into red-faced tirades exposing the forces that threaten to enslave all human life on the planet. The conspiracy always boils down to about the same thing: eugenics operations, the militarization of the police, a cabal of wealthy corporations and the United Nations involved in a fiendish plot to control the world.

Five days a week, online and on more than 60 radio stations nationwide, “The Alex Jones Show,” along with a pair of websites he runs (Infowars.com and PrisonPlanet.com), serves as the tumultuous showcase for his overactive imagination — a worldview governed by logic-leaping deductions and heedless pronouncements. His website is chock full of apocalyptic headlines and ads for products like “recession-proof coins” and manuals on How to Survive Martial Law in America. On the air, he’s given to stream-of-consciousness rants.

Influenced heavily by the conspiracy-minded John Birch Society, Jones ran unsuccessfully for a Texas House seat in 2000 as a Republican but said he doesn’t follow the platform of either of the two major parties. He has described his own politics as libertarian.

Jones has accused the federal government of involvement in the Oklahoma City bombing and the 9/11 attacks, said that the Branch Davidian cultists in Texas were purposely murdered by authorities, claimed that FEMA is secretly building concentration camps for liberty-loving citizens, and issued a series of videos with hair-raising, B horror-film titles. A sampling: “911: The Road to Tyranny,” “Police State 3: Total Enslavement,” “The Masters of Terror: Exposed,” “New World Order: Blueprint of Madmen” and “The Obama Deception: The Mask Comes Off.”

Although it hardly seems possible, Jones’ fecund imagination now seems to be sprouting even more conspiracy theories than before.

Last year, for example, after Jared Lee Loughner went on his January 2011 rampage in Tucson, Ariz., killing six and wounding U.S. Rep. Gabrielle Giffords, Jones told Rolling Stone: “This whole thing stinks to high heaven. … My gut tells me this was a staged mind-control operation. The government employs geometric psychological-warfare experts that know exactly how to indirectly manipulate unstable people through the media.”

It’s simply a matter of finding the truth, Jones says. Or something like that.

In August 2011, he featured on Infowars an article that called the Department of Homeland Security’s year-old “If you see something, say something” terrorism-awareness campaign a racist conspiracy to “characterize predominantly white, middle class, politically engaged Americans as domestic extremists.”

The program, which actually encourages people to consider “behavior, rather than appearance” when considering whether to report suspicious activity, entails a series of public service announcements designed to drive home that point. What piqued Jones was a 10-minute PSA in which most of the “terrorists” are white, while the citizens who report their suspicious activities are all minorities. He milked the issue for at least a month. “What do you think of rebranding that the terrorists aren’t Al Qaeda anymore?” he said on his Aug. 18 radio show. “It’s that veteran, it’s that gun owner, it’s that farmer … it’s that white person. Whites are the new Al Qaeda.”

Besides exploiting racial animosities, Jones’s conspiracy theories often appeal to the fears of the antigovernment “Patriot” movement.

At the movement’s previous peak in the 1990s, the “black helicopter” was a symbol of its cartoonish insistence that the government would soon be coming after freedom-loving dissidents who knew the truth about the New World Order. Jones gave these fears a 21st century update in an October 2011 online broadcast. He obsessed over news that the sheriff of Montgomery County, Texas, had used a federal grant to buy an Unmanned Aerial Vehicle (also known as a drone) called the ShadowHawk. The laptop-controlled, miniature helicopter comes equipped with a powerful zoom camera, infrared heat-seeking optics and crowd-stopping cartridges.

To Jones, this was not simply a police department taking advantage of the latest law enforcement technologies but a glimpse at the insidious machinery agents of the New World Order are deploying in the night skies in advance of martial law. “They’ve got large unmanned drones,” Jones warned. “They’ve got small drones. … And they’ve got million-dollar systems up there flying around with cops in control of them, surveilling you. And now they’re mounting them with ground-penetrating radar that looks right through your wall, while you’re on the toilet, having sex with your wife.”

http://www.splcenter.org/get-informed/intelligence-files/profiles/alex-jones

Reply to this post

Wed Oct 24, 2012, 04:59 AM

12. Who's voice is more annoying the Antichrist narrator or Twitts ? (trick question)

(jeopardy fake theme) bzzzzzzztt!! Times up!

They both are! In fact we have a few runners up in the vocally annoying category! So here I vent, I mean share. (this video feels like it's been around longer than the last election cycle...or longer)

Honorable mentions: Laura Ingram, Reince Pubus, Dana Losche, & Ms. Shell BackMan.

Reply to this post

Response to Astazia (Reply #12)

Wed Oct 24, 2012, 09:53 AM

25. I could not make past 30 seconds of her shite! Gawd what a grating voice!

Reply to this post

Response to Dustlawyer (Reply #25)

Wed Oct 24, 2012, 07:37 PM

40. You made it 10 secs longer than I did.

Reply to this post

Wed Oct 24, 2012, 05:36 AM

13. Did you notice he reset the date for Doomsday?

The Rapture industry is desperately seeking another doomsday in case the Mayan deal doesn't work out. In the video, Van Impe quotes wannabe Antichrist Henry Kissinger who says the world's entire population will be micro-chipped by 2017. AKA "The Mark of the Beast," this will signal the beginning of the Last Days leading up to Armageddon and the Second Coming. In the meantime, the completion of this micro-chipping project will -- presumably -- occur shortly before President Obama's second term ends. But, ah-hah, Kissinger says Obama will already be the Antichrist-elect. This clever scenario leaves a little wiggle room for the exact date of Doomsday so Van Impe and the other charlatans can continue to peddle fear, survival goods, underground homes and so forth.

And thank you, Mr. Carpenter, for bringing this video to our attention. It would seem the reports of "Dr." Van Impe's rapture have been greatly exaggerated.

Reply to this post

Wed Oct 24, 2012, 05:52 AM

14. Jack Attack

Instead of chuntering on for an entire program, Van Impe could have easily summed up his entire political/theological philosophy simply by saying this...

Reply to this post

Response to AbrahamFungusJr (Reply #14)

Wed Oct 24, 2012, 06:22 AM

17. Word from the Voyager Space Craft: Send more Adam Sandler one-inch penis jokes

Reply to this post

Wed Oct 24, 2012, 06:06 AM

15. all throughout the millenia, folks have been predicting this "antichrist" who has yet to materialize

I think his bible says the antichrist is supposed to be jewish and is supposed to pop up in Israel or something like that.

god! he can't even get that right.

Reply to this post

Wed Oct 24, 2012, 06:09 AM

16. Four years ago

I was knocking on doors for Obama and a lady said she couldn't vote for him because she thinks he's the anti-Christ. I went home and made this video.

That was four years ago, and idiots still think he's not only the anti-Christ, but a secret Muslim who drinks beer, smokes and eats bacon.

Reply to this post

Response to MisterGamut (Reply #16)

Wed Oct 24, 2012, 06:41 PM

39. Excellent work, please give it its own thread in this forum for more attention. Will be sharing.

It's not new, but they are still selling the same lies as they did back then. The music was perfect, and you sure did tick the wingnuts off with it four years ago!

Reply to this post

Response to freshwest (Reply #39)

Wed Oct 24, 2012, 11:51 PM

41. Will do. (n/t)

Reply to this post

Wed Oct 24, 2012, 06:32 AM

18. These two have been described as "a real circus act".

Reply to this post

Wed Oct 24, 2012, 06:41 AM

19. Yeah, he also said back in the '90s that UFOs are driven by demons

http://www.boreme.com/posting.php?id=10114#.UIfFA2fpVrs

The man is koo-koo for cocoa puffs...

Reply to this post

Wed Oct 24, 2012, 07:10 AM

20. I feel funny about it

but I've already cast my ballot for the anti-christ and have no regrets. It's better than casting your lot with the actual devil, Karl Rove, and his surrogates, Robme and Lyan.

Reply to this post

Wed Oct 24, 2012, 07:45 AM

21. What God Really Wants Is......

More spiritual fruits...and fewer RELIGIOUS NUTS!

Reply to this post

Wed Oct 24, 2012, 09:18 AM

23. Ah, Impy Jack- My favorite Christian freak

He and Rexella are just so excited that the Apocalypse is just around the corner, and soon they'll get to be with Jesus. And for $19.99 you can have a DVD which explains it all...

Reply to this post

Wed Oct 24, 2012, 10:23 AM

26. You guys left out the best part of the video!

Send me money so I can fight against this evil - oops - no - you can not ask for money if you are talking about the antichrist.

Reply to this post

Wed Oct 24, 2012, 10:50 AM

28. I used to love Jack van Impe's show.

But I lost interest when I quit smoking weed.

Reply to this post

Wed Oct 24, 2012, 11:49 AM

29. Impy Jack always reminded me of someone...

Jump to 2:26 to see who-

Reply to this post

Wed Oct 24, 2012, 01:38 PM

31. I think we all know who the anti-Christs are. The insane who preach from the pulpit.

In their hushed voices; like preditors whispering to little girls.

Reply to this post

Wed Oct 24, 2012, 01:43 PM

34. It's crap like this

that makes me hope the Mayan calendar is on the money.

Reply to this post

Wed Oct 24, 2012, 01:51 PM

35. What are they going to do ?

What are they going to do when :
1) obama wins
2) no new world order or armageddon or tribulations or end times occur between election day 2012 and 2016?

anyone going to go back and call them on it?
point out that it was a bunch of fear mongering for political purposes?

or what do they think? if romney wins the world avoids the book of revelations??

i don't get it, if, like the guy says at the end, they want Jesus to return quickly, if they believe all this about obama, why aren't they out canvassing for him and doing GOTV work??

Reply to this post

Wed Oct 24, 2012, 02:30 PM

36. He forgot to mention Abstergo!

Jack van Imp is a nut.

Reply to this post

Thu Oct 25, 2012, 08:39 AM

42. Need to drive the ignorant anywhere you want? Just use "fear".

As with all "end of times" predictions...this one will fade until the next "person/place/thing" that is used as fear-based tool for the right-wing religious nuts.

For a list of the many "failed" attempts of these "end of times" predictions... http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_dates_predicted_for_apocalyptic_events

Reply to this post

Reply to this thread