HomeLatest ThreadsGreatest ThreadsForums & GroupsMy SubscriptionsMy Posts
DU Home » Latest Threads » Forums & Groups » Main » Video & Multimedia (Forum) » Julianne Moore Takes Shot...
Introducing Discussionist: A new forum by the creators of DU

Sun Sep 23, 2012, 11:23 PM

Julianne Moore Takes Shot At Sarah Palin During Emmy Speech For 'Game Change' - video link

VIDEO here: http://www.mediaite.com/tv/julianne-moore-takes-shot-at-sarah-palin-during-emmy-speech-for-game-change/

Just because she just won an Emmy for playing Sarah Palin in Game Change, don’t expect Julianne Moore to play nice with the former Governor of Alaska who panned the HBO movie and called it a “false narrative.”

Upon accepting her Emmy for Outstanding Actress in a Miniseries or Movie, Moore took a swipe at the former GOP vice presidential candidate: “Wow. I feel so validated because Sarah Palin gave me a big thumbs down.”

The stab at Palin was met with both applause and laughter from the crowd at the Nokia Theatre in Los Angeles, California.

-snip-

5 replies, 1309 views

Reply to this thread

Back to top Alert abuse

Always highlight: 10 newest replies | Replies posted after I mark a forum
Replies to this discussion thread
Arrow 5 replies Author Time Post
Reply Julianne Moore Takes Shot At Sarah Palin During Emmy Speech For 'Game Change' - video link (Original post)
Tx4obama Sep 2012 OP
Tx4obama Sep 2012 #1
upi402 Sep 2012 #2
Tx4obama Sep 2012 #3
LynneSin Sep 2012 #5
gopiscrap Sep 2012 #4

Response to Tx4obama (Original post)

Sun Sep 23, 2012, 11:28 PM

1. For those that missed seeing the film - 'Game Change' trailer below

Reply to this post

Back to top Alert abuse Link here Permalink

Response to Tx4obama (Reply #1)

Mon Sep 24, 2012, 01:14 AM

2. Looks good

We'll be seeing that one

Reply to this post

Response to upi402 (Reply #2)

Mon Sep 24, 2012, 01:16 AM

3. It aired on HBO several months ago. It might still be on HBO Demand - I don't know. n/t

Reply to this post

Response to Tx4obama (Reply #1)

Mon Sep 24, 2012, 11:20 AM

5. Gotta love that a pro-choice, pro-marriage equality Planned Parenthood spokesperson

Played a dimwit like Sarah Palin.

I didn't think I could watch the movie because of just how annoying I found Sarah Palin; however, I'm glad I did. Julianne Moore was absolutely stunning and she really looked like Sarah Palin. I also think Woody Harrleson deserved to win too. He was great as Steven Schmidt, the McCain campaign manager that help picked Palin as VP. I swear by the end of the movie I wasn't sure if Schmidt (as played by Harrelson) wanted to strangle or slap Palin.

Reply to this post

Response to Tx4obama (Original post)

Mon Sep 24, 2012, 01:59 AM

4. Alright, I've always liked her!

Reply to this post

Reply to this thread