HomeLatest ThreadsGreatest ThreadsForums & GroupsMy SubscriptionsMy Posts
DU Home » Latest Threads » Forums & Groups » Main » Video & Multimedia (Forum) » President Barack Obama me...

Fri Jul 13, 2012, 05:35 PM

President Barack Obama meets members at the VFW Hall 3219 in Hampton, Virginia - pics

U.S. President Barack Obama meets members at the VFW (Veterans of Foreign Wars) Hall 3219 in Hampton, Virginia, July 13, 2012. Obama travelled to Virginia on Friday for campaign events.

US President Barack Obama autographs a portrait as he greets bystanders outside of a Veterans of Foreign Wars (VFW) meeting on July 13, 2012 in Hampton, Virginia.

pics from news.daylife.com

2 replies, 1261 views

Reply to this thread

Back to top Alert abuse

Always highlight: 10 newest replies | Replies posted after I mark a forum
Replies to this discussion thread
Arrow 2 replies Author Time Post
Reply President Barack Obama meets members at the VFW Hall 3219 in Hampton, Virginia - pics (Original post)
Kadie Jul 2012 OP
1StrongBlackMan Jul 2012 #1
longship Jul 2012 #2

Response to Kadie (Original post)

Fri Jul 13, 2012, 05:52 PM

1. I find it refreshing ...

that every picture I have seen of President Obama shaking hand, he does so with his left hand on the handshaker's arm or shoulder. That is far more intimate ... welcoming ... than the standard "stand back extend your hand" kind of shake. It's almost like he wants to be there!

Reply to this post

Back to top Alert abuse Link here Permalink

Response to 1StrongBlackMan (Reply #1)

Fri Jul 13, 2012, 06:03 PM

2. And he is a hugger!

That's very special for a President. He has a heart with compassion and the ability to love people.

And I love him for that.

R&

Reply to this post

Back to top Alert abuse Link here Permalink

Reply to this thread