HomeLatest ThreadsGreatest ThreadsForums & GroupsMy SubscriptionsMy Posts
DU Home » Latest Threads » Forums & Groups » Main » Video & Multimedia (Forum) » The 99% Spring is HERE! O...
Introducing Discussionist: A new forum by the creators of DU

Fri Apr 13, 2012, 10:02 PM

The 99% Spring is HERE! Olivia Wilde, Penn Badgley, & Zoe Kravitz ask: Are you in?

2 replies, 1186 views

Reply to this thread

Back to top Alert abuse

Always highlight: 10 newest replies | Replies posted after I mark a forum
Replies to this discussion thread
Arrow 2 replies Author Time Post
Reply The 99% Spring is HERE! Olivia Wilde, Penn Badgley, & Zoe Kravitz ask: Are you in? (Original post)
Galraedia Apr 2012 OP
xtraxritical Apr 2012 #1
90-percent Apr 2012 #2

Response to Galraedia (Original post)

Sat Apr 14, 2012, 12:25 PM

1. I'm all in.

I was in Washington D,C. McPherson Park and Freedom Plaza in October 2011 (the 10th anniversary of Afghanistan war), there were thousands there then. I was in Berkeley Ca. in December, I was appalled at the Gestapo, Nazi, cops hammering young students doing a peaceful sit down protest on their own campus. Besides drowning them in pepper spray the pigs were punching the sharp end of their billy clubs into girls stomachs. It was obscene. Local protests make a small statement but I think to be effective a "million man march" has to be organized and Washington D,C. shut down for as long as possible. All people arrested should demand a jury trial which will shut down the court system. YES WE CAN!

Reply to this post

Back to top Alert abuse Link here Permalink

Response to Galraedia (Original post)

Sat Apr 14, 2012, 01:52 PM

2. Link for above

http://the99spring.com/

Reminds me of some of the lyrics from Zappa's "Who Needs the Peace Corps"

I will love everyone
I will love the police as they kick the shit out of me on the street

Being a middle aged freaky pervert, I might actually enjoy the sexual humiliation, I just don't want to loose any of my teeth or hearing or sight or get any bones broken. I also don't want to get raped in prison after the cops are done raping me.

-90% Jimmy

PS - I met Bunk Gardner, the guy in the wheelchair on WOIIFTM, at a PROJECT/OBJECT show in Teaneck NJ a year or so ago. I didn't meet Don Preston, who was also performing with Bunk. He's between Zappa and Bunk in the pic. Also met Ike and Ray White. It's really really weird meeting people in person you've stared at and wondered about for forty years!

Reply to this post

Back to top Alert abuse Link here Permalink

Reply to this thread