HomeLatest ThreadsGreatest ThreadsForums & GroupsMy SubscriptionsMy Posts
DU Home » Latest Threads » Forums & Groups » Main » Video & Multimedia (Forum) » Pete Hoekstra: The LILY L...
Introducing Discussionist: A new forum by the creators of DU

Fri Apr 13, 2012, 02:16 PM

Pete Hoekstra: The LILY LEDBETTER Fair Pay Act, "That THING is a NUISANCE."

"....The issue came up during a campaign event in Royal Oak, Mich. An attendee asked whether Hoekstra would support or "work to repeal" the law if elected to office.

"Will, you know, will repealing it be a priority? If you came back and said, you know, that's really the thing that's hurting my business the most. My guess is there are other things that we can do that have a higher priority in terms of what I, what I believe might need to be done. I think you know we need to create -- that thing is a nuisance. It shouldn't be the law," replied Hoekstra.

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2012/04/13/pete-hoekstra-lilly-ledbetter-nuisance_n_1423986.html

5 replies, 1344 views

Reply to this thread

Back to top Alert abuse

Always highlight: 10 newest replies | Replies posted after I mark a forum
Replies to this discussion thread
Arrow 5 replies Author Time Post
Reply Pete Hoekstra: The LILY LEDBETTER Fair Pay Act, "That THING is a NUISANCE." (Original post)
Segami Apr 2012 OP
JNelson6563 Apr 2012 #1
Segami Apr 2012 #2
catbyte Apr 2012 #3
SemperEadem Apr 2012 #4
sulphurdunn Apr 2012 #5

Response to Segami (Original post)

Fri Apr 13, 2012, 02:34 PM

1. This is why it's important to re-elect Stabenow!

The last person we need to send to the Senate is Hoekstra!

Thanks for posting!

Julie

Reply to this post

Back to top Alert abuse Link here Permalink

Response to JNelson6563 (Reply #1)

Fri Apr 13, 2012, 02:43 PM

2. The question that should be asked is does Mitt Romney ALSO believe

that the Lilly Ledbetter Fair Pay Act " thing is a nuisance " since he supports Pete Hoekstra?

Reply to this post

Fri Apr 13, 2012, 03:04 PM

3. How shocking. This from the arrogant pus bag who brought us "Debbie Spend-It-Now"

Diane
Anishinaabe in MI & mom to Leo, Sophie, Taz & Nigel, members of Dogs Against Romney, Cat Division
"We ride inside--HISS!

Reply to this post

Sat Apr 14, 2012, 10:45 AM

4. so if a widow is the only breadwinner in her home

she doesn't deserve fair pay/equal pay for a days work as would her widower in the same predicament? Really? Hoekstra is about taking food out of the mouths of children because it's a nuisance to pay their mother fairly and equally as they would a man?

And they say there is no war on women. This is a done deal, dude---it's already been done. There is no need to repeal it other than to really say to women "you don't need fair pay. You just need a husband so go find one and quit asking for equal pay".

It most certainly should be the law because as you demonstrated, you all couldn't open up a can of "act right/do right" in all the decades before Obama signed that into law, and it's clear that you still wouldn't open up a can a "act right/do right".

Reply to this post

Sat Apr 14, 2012, 11:06 AM

5. These assholes don't get it.

They never will. They shouldn't hold positions of power in any free society because they only believe in it for themselves at the expense of others.

Reply to this post

Reply to this thread