HomeLatest ThreadsGreatest ThreadsForums & GroupsMy SubscriptionsMy Posts
DU Home » Latest Threads » Forums & Groups » Main » Video & Multimedia (Forum) » Thom Hartmann: The Trickl...
Introducing Discussionist: A new forum by the creators of DU

Fri Apr 6, 2012, 02:13 PM

Thom Hartmann: The Trickle-Down Austerity Agenda only leads to Peons

Chuck Collins, Institute for Policy Studies joins Thom Hartmann. So with Republicans ready to bring the same trickle-down austerity to the United States - will pain and suffering follow suit?

The Big Picture with Thom Hartmann on RT TV & FSTV "live" 9pm and 11pm check www.thomhartmann.com/tv for local listings

1 replies, 701 views

Reply to this thread

Back to top Alert abuse

Always highlight: 10 newest replies | Replies posted after I mark a forum
Replies to this discussion thread
Arrow 1 replies Author Time Post
Reply Thom Hartmann: The Trickle-Down Austerity Agenda only leads to Peons (Original post)
thomhartmann Apr 2012 OP
sabrina 1 Apr 2012 #1

Response to thomhartmann (Original post)

Fri Apr 6, 2012, 03:21 PM

1. I hope we never hear the statement from any politician again that 'we have to share the sacrifice'

Thankfully, OWS ended that part of the political dialogue. What it meant was in reality, 'make the little pay the gambling debts of the wealthy' and OWS made it clear that the people weren't buying it.

And I hope we do not hear the word 'austerity' here again, unless it's referring to the criminals who crashed the world's economies.

Where is the money? It didn't disappear, it has to be somewhere. I know that's a naive question, but as Michael Moore said, 'where did all the money go'?

Maybe some prosecutions of those who created these problems would help us find it and retrieve at least some of it.

Very good interview, as always.

Reply to this post

Back to top Alert abuse Link here Permalink

Reply to this thread