HomeLatest ThreadsGreatest ThreadsForums & GroupsMy SubscriptionsMy Posts
DU Home » Latest Threads » Forums & Groups » Main » Video & Multimedia (Forum) » Song..."Kill Rush Li...

Thu Mar 22, 2012, 07:39 PM

Song..."Kill Rush Limbaugh" by Détente

I love good grunge, and "Kill Rush Limbaugh" is as satisfying as it gets.

We should have MORE songs like this. While I don't advocate violence, I advocate getting Rush off the air ANY WAY LEGAL. So it's no mystery why more and more songs like this will come out.

Until the republican party is BANNED, expect more of this. Pure and simple.

10 replies, 4077 views

Reply to this thread

Back to top Alert abuse

Always highlight: 10 newest replies | Replies posted after I mark a forum
Replies to this discussion thread
Arrow 10 replies Author Time Post
Reply Song..."Kill Rush Limbaugh" by Détente (Original post)
BanTheGOP Mar 2012 OP
CAPHAVOC Mar 2012 #1
Lost-in-FL Mar 2012 #2
Major Nikon Mar 2012 #3
BanTheGOP Mar 2012 #4
RZM Mar 2012 #5
BanTheGOP Mar 2012 #7
Freedom13 Mar 2012 #10
limbaughforpres Mar 2012 #6
qilanjil Mar 2012 #8
Ian David Mar 2012 #9

Response to BanTheGOP (Original post)

Thu Mar 22, 2012, 07:41 PM

1. Check out Punk Patriot.

Kill and Eat the Rich!

Reply to this post

Back to top Alert abuse Link here Permalink

Thu Mar 22, 2012, 07:48 PM

2. A taste of his own medicine! nt

Reply to this post

Thu Mar 22, 2012, 08:29 PM

3. Results of your Jury Service

ALERTER'S COMMENTS:

I thought any post that advocates the killing of another was against the TOS for this site?

You served on a randomly-selected Jury of DU members which reviewed this post. The review was completed at Thu Mar 22, 2012, 08:21 PM, and the Jury voted 2-4 to LEAVE IT.

Juror #1 voted to HIDE IT and said: No explanation given
Juror #2 voted to LEAVE IT ALONE and said: I have it on good authority that Juror #1 is working for the FBI.
Juror #3 voted to HIDE IT and said: No explanation given
Juror #4 voted to LEAVE IT ALONE and said: Post is an ironic reference to popular culture. At least that's my explanation to the feds.
Juror #5 voted to LEAVE IT ALONE and said: I can't understand a word they're saying, so, I'm not sure what they're advocating!
Juror #6 voted to LEAVE IT ALONE and said: dramatic license.

Reply to this post

Response to Major Nikon (Reply #3)

Thu Mar 22, 2012, 08:55 PM

4. Thanks, dramatic license is what I would have picked myself

Yes, I understand the advocation of violence is verboten on DU, and I should have made it clear when I posted it that it was NOT advocated by DU, but simply linked to a media source which most reasonable people find mainstream. Only rabid murderous, cynically theological republicanists would take umbrage at that video.

The video ably describes the feeling we all have of our helplessness against the corporate human meat grinder. It is a reaction based upon base human instinct, not the perverse, premeditated destruction that the average republican heathen forces upon the average human.

Reply to this post

Thu Mar 22, 2012, 09:40 PM

5. So let me get this straight

You believe that promoting a song about killing Rush Limbaugh is one way to help get him off of the air.

Does that mean a song about killing John Boehner would further your goal of 'banning the GOP?'

Reply to this post

Response to RZM (Reply #5)

Thu Mar 22, 2012, 11:38 PM

7. Yes, about Limbaugh; no about Boehner

The song about offing limbaugh is more about the rage and helplessness of most of the vast majority of humanity in the country, and the need to just feel free of the insidious and overbearing persona that rush overpowers over the entire country, and to an extent the western world. I have no bones in wishing he would croak, but I would never force it myself; his health will most likely be his downfall and he should be out of commission in five years. I would, though, NEVER put up with real violence. I CAN understand, though, how such a situation would be felt by many otherwise decent and hard working people, and if brinking out this video shocks many people into doing so, we can get him off the air with the right protests against his advertisers and affiliates. This music video, therefore, goes a long way to providing that option.l

For Boehner, I do not wish him dead either. I simply wish he would go to jail for life for crimes against humantiy, which being a republican automatically renders one guilty of such. Any other federal republican gets life; state officials get at least 20 years. The republican party needs to be shut down using RICO statutes. But we don't need violence to achieve these goals. Again, I understand the FRUSTRATION we all feel that mades us lust for such violent revenge, but to actually go through with it is lame, and illegal.

Reply to this post

Response to BanTheGOP (Reply #7)

Fri Mar 23, 2012, 05:00 AM

8. Hold on tiger...lets get some stuff straight.

First off, Detente is not grunge. They are middle finger in the air metal.

Second... nooooo... we DO NOT want more songs like this...!

This site is the only NON ultra conservative, right wing (ok, Liberal) site that has mentioned anything of this song yet, and you are already getting it wrong.

You see... it's all sorta funny cuz... this album came out OVER TWO YEARS AGO..! Not Yesterday which now what the Pro Rush want you to think. It just all sort of snowballed into a mess. You see, if you look at her Youtube channel which is now..very easy to find, one would notice that the video shown above was uploaded in Feb. of 2011. Over a year ago...

So we have a 2+ year old song that's been on Youtube for over a year. Now here is where the real BS starts. Two weeks ago on her channel, she posted it again... just for kicks. Hell, there's alot of Detente on Youtube... single tracks tracks from the Decline album, to old live shows with Dawn Crosby. I mean fuck, it was her band. Well, what I believe is that since she re-upped it...Youtube's system just put it back into current circulation. I mean, that's what Youtube does.

And did anyone read what started it? http://www.breitbart.com/Big-Hollywood/2012/03/22/Kill-Kill-Kill-Rush-Limbaugh

You see, this is total fishing for something..anything that this John idiot could use to gain his cred... and by the power of Google, he did. He wrote less words than an 8th grade essay and now every scary crazy eyed far right dude is is all happy and putting on there crazy hats that they've just waiting wear.

Here's my point. It started as "Just don't call her a slut" to saying that the Left is making actual death threats against Papa Nazi. And what's also funny, is that they are now taking this opportunity to attack Yahoo and Facebook for not taking it down. So no calling for more songs like this...cuz that would encourage them to a crazy person contest, and that's not what we want. Just asking everyone to remember how this shitstorm got started, because something tells me for no really good reason the poop is going to be flying.

Reply to this post

Response to qilanjil (Reply #8)

Fri Mar 23, 2012, 07:39 AM

9. And THAT is why we need to have the mods delete this thread.

"Oh, my gawd! Democratic Underground thinks this is okay! The Left are the real Nazis!"

Reply to this post

Reply to this thread