HomeLatest ThreadsGreatest ThreadsForums & GroupsMy SubscriptionsMy Posts
DU Home » Latest Threads » Forums & Groups » Main » Good Reads (Forum) » Aliens, Death Rays And Sc...

Tue Feb 19, 2013, 04:04 PM

Aliens, Death Rays And Sci-Fi Missile Shields Litter Russian Meteor Conspiracy Theories

The meteor that exploded over Russia Friday was actually one of the countryís satellites shot down by the U.S. in a fit of Cold War-era aggression, or so goes one of the various conspiracy theories surrounding the Earthís most recent and noteworthy encounter with an extraterrestrial object.

Despite broad scientific consensus, including among NASA and its Russian equivalent, Roscosmos, that the meteor was, in fact, a meteor and exploded under intense physical pressures after entering our planetís atmosphere at a speed of at least 33,000 mph, wild theories about what happened continue to circulate.

The simplest narrative is that the meteor was really a meteor but that the Russian government used an unbelievably advanced air defense system to shoot it down.

The fastest missiles in development are designed to travel at nearly 3,800 mph, already beyond the interceptive capabilities of current air defense systems.

More: http://www.ibtimes.com/aliens-death-rays-sci-fi-missile-shields-litter-russian-meteor-conspiracy-theories-1091828

3 replies, 934 views

Reply to this thread

Back to top Alert abuse

Always highlight: 10 newest replies | Replies posted after I mark a forum
Replies to this discussion thread
Arrow 3 replies Author Time Post
Reply Aliens, Death Rays And Sci-Fi Missile Shields Litter Russian Meteor Conspiracy Theories (Original post)
UnrepentantLiberal Feb 2013 OP
freshwest Feb 2013 #1
Blue_Tires Feb 2013 #2
uriel1972 Feb 2013 #3

Response to UnrepentantLiberal (Original post)

Tue Feb 19, 2013, 07:21 PM

1. Dang it. Why is it never aliens. I *want* it to be aliens. Guess they're too smart to visit.

Reply to this post

Back to top Alert abuse Link here Permalink

Tue Feb 19, 2013, 07:28 PM

2. and not one reference to any doomsday machine?

i am disapoint

Reply to this post

Tue Feb 19, 2013, 07:44 PM

3. Nice to know the insanity is everywhere. I hate monopolies. nt

Reply to this post

Reply to this thread