HomeLatest ThreadsGreatest ThreadsForums & GroupsMy SubscriptionsMy Posts
DU Home » Latest Threads » Forums & Groups » Main » Good Reads (Forum) » Israeli General’s Son Mik...
Introducing Discussionist: A new forum by the creators of DU

Fri Feb 8, 2013, 02:46 PM

Israeli General’s Son Miko Peled Pushes For Equal Fights For All

This discussion thread was locked as off-topic by REP (a host of the Good Reads forum).

A FORMER ISRAELI general's son will speak Thursday (February 7) at the Vancouver Public Library central branch about his support for a one-state solution in the Middle East offering equal rights to Jews and Palestinians.

Miko Peled, author of The General’s Son: Journey of an Israeli in Palestine, told the Straight by phone from his home in San Diego that he reached this conclusion after taking many trips to the West Bank and Gaza, and spending a great deal of time talking to Palestinians.

He emphasized the importance of Jews in Israel and abroad overcoming “a fear of venturing into areas that are populated by Palestinians”, including refugee camps, and replacing this apprehension with a greater sense of trust.

“I would say that is probably the most profound aspect of the journey,” Peled said.

His grandfather, Dr. Avraham Katsnelson, signed the Israeli Declaration of Independence. His father Matti was an Israeli general in the Six Day War of 1967, in which Israeli took control of Gaza, the West Bank, the Golan Heights, and the Sinai Peninsula.

MORE...

http://www.straight.com/news/349646/israeli-generals-son-miko-peled-pushes-equal-rights-all

1 replies, 493 views

Cannot reply in locked threads

Back to top Alert abuse

Always highlight: 10 newest replies | Replies posted after I mark a forum
Replies to this discussion thread
Arrow 1 replies Author Time Post
Reply Israeli General’s Son Miko Peled Pushes For Equal Fights For All (Original post)
Purveyor Feb 2013 OP
REP Feb 2013 #1

Response to Purveyor (Original post)

Fri Feb 8, 2013, 06:50 PM

1. Locking

This topic violates the SoP of this Forum. Feel free to repost in I/P.

Cannot reply in locked threads

Back to top Alert abuse Link here Permalink