HomeLatest ThreadsGreatest ThreadsForums & GroupsMy SubscriptionsMy Posts
DU Home » Latest Threads » Forums & Groups » Main » Good Reads (Forum) » a most odd story about ho...
Introducing Discussionist: A new forum by the creators of DU

Tue Dec 25, 2012, 06:34 PM

a most odd story about how the Irish sister-in-law of Hitler and her son Patrick escaped to the US

imagine having this as your family secret

Bridget Dowling was a Dublin native who married Alois, Adolf Hitlerís half brother. She bore a son, Patrick who had four children himself, two of whom survive. The sons grew up on Patchogue, Long Island.

The sons are among the only remaining blood links to Adolf Hitler and the two surviving brothers have no children so if they remain that way the Hitler Irish and American link will die out.

Bridget Dowling Hitler is one of the most intriguing tales of the Second World War and the Irish connection.,

She was just 17 in the summer of 1909 at the Dublin Horse show when her father fell into conversation with a handsome foreigner Alois Hitler, who told them he was a businessman on a trip to Ireland.

He wasnít, he was actually a penniless waiter in a Dublin hotel but Bridget fell in love with the exotic foreigner anyway

They eloped to London and were wed. He was the future Fuehrerís eldest half brother. Their common father Alois Senior went through three marriages and eight children, including Adolf and Alois.

Read more: http://www.irishcentral.com/roots/The-Irish-Hitler-the-strange-tale-of-Bridget-Hitler-and-the-Nazi-leader-156889665.html#ixzz2G6ppnB3D

4 replies, 2013 views

Reply to this thread

Back to top Alert abuse

Always highlight: 10 newest replies | Replies posted after I mark a forum
Replies to this discussion thread
Arrow 4 replies Author Time Post
Reply a most odd story about how the Irish sister-in-law of Hitler and her son Patrick escaped to the US (Original post)
Douglas Carpenter Dec 2012 OP
PADemD Dec 2012 #1
roguevalley Dec 2012 #2
muriel_volestrangler Dec 2012 #3
mgc1961 Dec 2012 #4

Response to PADemD (Reply #1)

Wed Dec 26, 2012, 01:35 AM

2. there is talk that the brothers planned no children so that the DNA could die out

there are several of them living under different names around the usa including it is said colorado.

Reply to this post

Back to top Alert abuse Link here Permalink

Response to Douglas Carpenter (Original post)

Mon Dec 31, 2012, 09:10 AM

3. A longer piece, mainly on whether Adolf spent time with them in Liverpool

Reply to this post

Response to Douglas Carpenter (Original post)

Mon Dec 31, 2012, 09:59 AM

4. That is some secret.

I saw a program on t.v. about this family. I can't recall the channel though.

As I recall, Patrick tried to turn his relationship into some coin before he became a foe.

Reply to this post

Reply to this thread