HomeLatest ThreadsGreatest ThreadsForums & GroupsMy SubscriptionsMy Posts
DU Home » Latest Threads » Forums & Groups » Main » Good Reads (Forum) » On gun control, Obama’s r...

Sun Dec 23, 2012, 07:59 PM

On gun control, Obama’s record shows an apparent lack of political will — until now

The survivors of a gun rampage in Tucson came to Washington in August with a simple message for the Obama administration: Do something — anything — to stop the violence.

One was a nurse shopping for Brussels sprouts who rushed to do triage after then-Rep. Gabrielle Giffords (D) was shot outside a supermarket. Another was a woman struck three times while shielding her daughter. A third pinned the shooter to the ground with her knees until police arrived.

After meeting for 90 minutes with Attorney General Eric H. Holder Jr., they were hopeful.

“Attorney General Holder was not only sympathetic but empathetic and truly touched by our stories and our actions,” said Patricia Maisch, one of the survivors. “And he was sincere about wanting to help us.”

full: http://www.washingtonpost.com/politics/on-gun-control-obamas-record-shows-an-apparent-lack-of-political-will--until-now/2012/12/23/913a3626-4937-11e2-ad54-580638ede391_singlePage.html

2 replies, 863 views

Reply to this thread

Back to top Alert abuse

Always highlight: 10 newest replies | Replies posted after I mark a forum
Replies to this discussion thread
Arrow 2 replies Author Time Post
Reply On gun control, Obama’s record shows an apparent lack of political will — until now (Original post)
alp227 Dec 2012 OP
BigDemVoter Dec 2012 #1
Doctor_J Dec 2012 #2

Response to alp227 (Original post)

Sun Dec 23, 2012, 10:06 PM

1. I usually hesitate to jump on with any bashing (not that this is truly bashing)

But I DO agree that Obama has been pretty much mum on this subject until this week. I hope the recent glimpse of a spine in regards to gun control is a sign that we're about to see more action from the President.

Reply to this post

Back to top Alert abuse Link here Permalink

Response to alp227 (Original post)

Mon Dec 24, 2012, 08:53 AM

2. I haven't seen any political will on ANY issue

from this president.

Reply to this post

Back to top Alert abuse Link here Permalink

Reply to this thread