HomeLatest ThreadsGreatest ThreadsForums & GroupsMy SubscriptionsMy Posts
DU Home » Latest Threads » Forums & Groups » Main » Good Reads (Forum) » Actually, Guns Do Kill Pe...
Introducing Discussionist: A new forum by the creators of DU

Sat Dec 15, 2012, 04:14 AM

Actually, Guns Do Kill People

http://www.thedenveregotist.com/editorial/2012/august/1/actually-guns-do-kill-people

Every time some complete fucking nutball opens fire on a bunch of innocent people, we get the usual ďthis is not the time to talk about gun controlĒ bullshit from the NRA and the right wing. Well, when is the time? Never, really, because itís a right that most red-blooded gun advocates will only see pried from their cold, dead hands. Which, ironically, could happen because of their belief in their beloved firearms.

Advertising does play a small role in this, which Iíll get to later, but first, the gun issue. We need to talk about it after what happened in our own backyard. If The Denver Egotistís goal is to help Denver Suck Less, I think less dead innocent people would be less sucky. Yes?

The usual arguments are out there, always, about the reasons we canít have gun control. Itís in the 2nd Amendment, which was written centuries ago (when people had to own a gun to stop someone stealing their land and raping and killing their whole family).

The 2nd Amendment seems to be untouchable, and thatís horseshit. We have impositions on our first amendment rights. Weíre not allowed to say whatever the fuck we want, whenever we want, to whomever we want. But you dare restrict firearms, and youíre some lefty communist faggot. I guess I am.

1 replies, 810 views

Reply to this thread

Back to top Alert abuse

Always highlight: 10 newest replies | Replies posted after I mark a forum
Replies to this discussion thread
Arrow 1 replies Author Time Post
Reply Actually, Guns Do Kill People (Original post)
Zadoc Dec 2012 OP
HawkeyeLibkid Dec 2012 #1

Response to Zadoc (Original post)

Sat Dec 15, 2012, 04:27 AM

1. Great article

That really articulates most of those in favor of some restrictions and regulations on guns. It's sad that people care for machinery meant to kill more than they do their own families.

Reply to this post

Back to top Alert abuse Link here Permalink

Reply to this thread