HomeLatest ThreadsGreatest ThreadsForums & GroupsMy SubscriptionsMy Posts
DU Home » Latest Threads » Forums & Groups » Main » Good Reads (Forum) » Senate intel panel approv...

Fri Dec 14, 2012, 12:29 AM

Senate intel panel approves torture report

By Jordy Yager - 12/13/12 05:20 PM ET

... Committee Chairwoman Sen. Dianne Feinstein (D-Calif.) said that after reviewing more than 6 million pages of CIA and intelligence documents, investigators issued a series of 20 findings and conclusions, which the panel also voted to approve.

Feinstein said she hopes the report will help to resolve long-lasting disagreements over whether U.S. military and spy agencies should ever use interrogation tactics, such as sleep deprivation and waterboarding.

“The report uncovers startling details about the CIA detention and interrogation program and raises critical questions about intelligence operations and oversight,” said Feinstein in a statement.

“I am confident the CIA will emerge a better and more able organization as a result of the committee’s work. I also believe this report will settle the debate once and for all over whether our nation should ever employ coercive interrogation techniques such as those detailed in this report.” ...

http://thehill.com/homenews/senate/272885-senate-panel-approves-cia-torture-report

2 replies, 479 views

Reply to this thread

Back to top Alert abuse

Always highlight: 10 newest replies | Replies posted after I mark a forum
Replies to this discussion thread
Arrow 2 replies Author Time Post
Reply Senate intel panel approves torture report (Original post)
struggle4progress Dec 2012 OP
Lint Head Dec 2012 #1
ROBROX Dec 2012 #2

Response to struggle4progress (Original post)

Fri Dec 14, 2012, 01:33 AM

1. Nothing is settled until George Bush and Dick Cheney are in damn prison!

Last edited Fri Dec 14, 2012, 02:16 AM - Edit history (1)

Reply to this post

Back to top Alert abuse Link here Permalink

Response to struggle4progress (Original post)

Fri Dec 14, 2012, 07:03 PM

2. HARD TIME FOR THE CRIMINALS

Only when justice is served will we be able to get this country out of the toilet of personal crime. The GOP went hog wild with their criminal action and only when people are sent to prison will this country be better.

Reply to this post

Back to top Alert abuse Link here Permalink

Reply to this thread