HomeLatest ThreadsGreatest ThreadsForums & GroupsMy SubscriptionsMy Posts
DU Home » Latest Threads » Forums & Groups » Main » Good Reads (Forum) » Koch Brothers' Americans ...

Sat Dec 8, 2012, 10:02 AM

Koch Brothers' Americans for Prosperity are leading the charge for Snyder's 'right-to-work' bill

Gov. Snyder's right-to-work initiative has the coordinated support of Americans for Prosperity, the conservative non-profit organization that funded Wisconsin Gov. Scott Walker's efforts to strip that state's public employee unions of their collective bargaining rights.
AFP was founded by wealthy industrialists Charles and David Koch. Their business interests in Wisconsin include a branch of their pulp and paper giant Georgia-Pacific, a coal subsidiary, timber plants and a pipeline network.
“Michigan passage of right-to-work legislation will be the shot heard around the world for workplace freedom," AFP said in a press release Thursday. "A victory over forced unionization in a union stronghold like Michigan would be an unprecedented win on par with Wisconsin that would pave the way for right to work in states across our nation."
The organization's sister organization, Americans for Prosperity Foundation, has produced a 15-page booklet titled "Unions: The Good, the Bad and the Ugly: How forced unionization has harmed workers and Michigan."
AFP also recruited 300 supporters to demonstrate in favor of Gov. Snyder's proposed bill, just as organized unions rallied their members in opposition.
Asked how much AFP has contributed to support the right-to-work bill, spokeswoman Annie Patnaude said, "I need to check with my boss, but so far we have offered our supporters cookies and coffee."
In addition to the brochure, AFP's web site declared Dec. 6 "Workplace Freedom Lobby Day 2," and urged members to show up at the state Capitol in Lansing between 10 a.m. and 3 p.m. today.

Great slide show too here: http://www.freep.com/article/20121206/BUSINESS06/121206066/Koch-Brothers-Americans-Prosperity-leading-charge-Snyder-s-Right-Work-bill

2 replies, 1133 views

Reply to this thread

Back to top Alert abuse

Always highlight: 10 newest replies | Replies posted after I mark a forum
Replies to this discussion thread
Arrow 2 replies Author Time Post
Reply Koch Brothers' Americans for Prosperity are leading the charge for Snyder's 'right-to-work' bill (Original post)
geefloyd46 Dec 2012 OP
pbrower2a Dec 2012 #1
freshwest Dec 2012 #2

Response to geefloyd46 (Original post)

Sat Dec 8, 2012, 06:58 PM

1. Koch crime syndicate and the Michigan Fascist -- I mean Republican -- Party

Michigan used to be a good place to live when working people could turn their hard work into god lives. Semi-skilled workers were able to buy cars, nice clothes, nice furniture, and even cottages at the lakes. That is over now that Republicans in the State Legislature have sold out the workingman. Sweatshops will be the norm in a State that has a harsh climate and few attractions. The total pay to workers will go down, and factory work will be something to avoid as in other "Duty to Starve" states.

I live in Michigan -- and if this situation is permanent, then as soon as I get the chance I get I will be delighted to see a "Welcome to Michigan" sign in the rear-view mirror. New York, New England, West Coast, or either Colorado or New Mexico.

Those politicians who took their thirty pieces of silver for selling out Michigan workers have plenty to fear for a high-risk exercise in deviousness characteristic of a fascist regime, and not only political defeat in 2014. It's a very hot place, and I don't mean Arizona or even Sudan.

Reply to this post

Back to top Alert abuse Link here Permalink

Response to geefloyd46 (Original post)

Wed Dec 12, 2012, 11:32 PM

2. K & R for visibility

Reply to this post

Back to top Alert abuse Link here Permalink

Reply to this thread