HomeLatest ThreadsGreatest ThreadsForums & GroupsMy SubscriptionsMy Posts
DU Home » Latest Threads » Forums & Groups » Main » Good Reads (Forum) » Rove’s On-Air Rebuttal of...

Thu Nov 8, 2012, 01:15 PM

Rove’s On-Air Rebuttal of Fox’s Ohio Vote Call Raises Questions About His Role.

“I had a concern about premature calls, and in this instance, the concern was shared by my Fox colleague Joe Trippi,” Mr. Rove said Wednesday, referring to the Democratic strategist and Fox contributor who ran Howard Dean’s presidential campaign in 2004.

http://www.nytimes.com/2012/11/08/us/politics/roves-on-air-rebuttal-of-foxs-ohio-vote-call-raises-questions-about-his-role.html?hp&_r=0

6 replies, 2056 views

Reply to this thread

Back to top Alert abuse

Always highlight: 10 newest replies | Replies posted after I mark a forum
Replies to this discussion thread
Arrow 6 replies Author Time Post
Reply Rove’s On-Air Rebuttal of Fox’s Ohio Vote Call Raises Questions About His Role. (Original post)
elleng Nov 2012 OP
LiberalArkie Nov 2012 #1
Uncle Joe Nov 2012 #3
FiveGoodMen Nov 2012 #5
Uncle Joe Nov 2012 #6
elleng Nov 2012 #4
cleduc Nov 2012 #2

Response to elleng (Original post)

Thu Nov 8, 2012, 01:26 PM

1. I believe that Rove knew "the fix was in" in Ohio, so the numbers had to be wrong.

I do not think they anticipated such a large turnout in Ohio and elsewhere, and the voters willing to stay in lines for 7, 8 10 hours or more just to vote.

We the people overwhelmed the "FIX". In the old days in the south, the ballot boxes from the black precincts would just disappear and be found a few weeks later on the side of a road, after the vote totals were certified.

Reply to this post

Back to top Alert abuse Link here Permalink

Response to LiberalArkie (Reply #1)

Thu Nov 8, 2012, 01:37 PM

3. I agree, I would also wager against the OP's contention

they didn't call Florida too early in 2000 for Gore, the fix was in there as well but it turned out to be successful.

Reply to this post

Response to Uncle Joe (Reply #3)

Thu Nov 8, 2012, 02:02 PM

5. That fix turned out to be successful because the SCOTUS forced them to stop counting

as I recall.

Reply to this post

Response to FiveGoodMen (Reply #5)

Thu Nov 8, 2012, 05:54 PM

6. Yes, that was the ultimate fix but there were many "fixes" along the way

which moved the count slightly to Bush's favor before the SC inserted itself into a state election only to stop the true intent of the people from being brought to fruition.

The margin in Ohio this year was too great for the Republicans to steal especially after the coup of 2000, subsequent electoral controversy in Ohio of 2004, growing awareness of the people via the Internet, International attention and eroding trust in the corporate media (particularly FOX) to enlighten and tell the inconvenient truths.

The republic simply wouldn't stand for it again and I believe the people on FOX "News" finally realized this to Rove's dismay.

Reply to this post

Response to LiberalArkie (Reply #1)

Thu Nov 8, 2012, 01:55 PM

4. Right,and thank goodness for We the People!!!

Reply to this post

Response to elleng (Original post)

Thu Nov 8, 2012, 01:37 PM

2. By 9:45 p.m., Mr. Romney’s aides had cut off the volume on the news shows

http://www.nytimes.com/slideshow/2012/11/07/us/politics/20121107_HP_OBAMA-29.html

but Karl didn't know at 11:20pm when the networks called Ohio for Obama and the election ? ....

Reply to this post

Reply to this thread