HomeLatest ThreadsGreatest ThreadsForums & GroupsMy SubscriptionsMy Posts
DU Home » Latest Threads » Forums & Groups » Main » Good Reads (Forum) » How Paul Ryan fits the A....
Introducing Discussionist: A new forum by the creators of DU

Sat Aug 18, 2012, 06:57 PM

How Paul Ryan fits the A.P.A.’s “Psychopathic Checklist” and the danger represented to America.

http://hungryguymadison.blogspot.com/2012/08/how-paul-ryan-fits-apas-psychopathic.html

The purpose of this posting is to demonstrate who and what Paul Ryan is and how he fits completely, the diagnosis and the profile of a “psychopath”. Psychopaths (also known as sociopaths, if the diagnosis comes from a sociologist as opposed to a psychiatrist/psychologist) represent 3% to 4% of the general population. They are recognized by the behavioral patterns that they demonstrate. These behaviors are created by a lack of “conscience” or in other words a lack of concern about right and wrong, good and evil. They are almost completely incapable of acting outside of their own interests, desires and greed. This is because psychopaths quite literally do not experience emotion and emotional responses, the same way the rest of us do.

Love, joy, regret, sorrow and the whole wide range of emotion that most of us feel, are not available to them. Now recognized as a genetic trait, psychopathy is a result of nature and not nurture, as was once believed. Psychopaths may have spouses, children and they may even own pets. They have no love for these people or their own pets, they are nearly the same to a psychopath, they exist only to further an agenda. They only value them as “window dressing” they do not love them; they do not care about them. They cannot because inherently, essentially, they have no capacity for love or concern. They have no ability to feel guilt or shame. Regardless of whatever they do, however how much damage they do or how bad they hurt others, it simply does not matter to them. They are free to do anything they want with very little concern at all toward the outcome, except in regard to achieving what they want. They have ego, tremendous ego, but no pride because they cannot feel shame. That is how Paul Ryan can request stimulus money, and then deny it with no concern whatsoever for being called out on it.

Now it is important to note that psychopaths understand the difference between good and evil, between right and wrong, they definitely understand the difference between legal and illegal. They are wholly responsible for their actions – they are not suffering from a condition which causes delusions or hallucinations. They are not the same as a schizophrenic. As a matter of fact intensive studies have shown that they do not suffer from their condition at all, they actually enjoy it and find it to be a valuable tool to use against others. Psychopaths consider themselves to be completely superior to those who are not psychopathic.

18 replies, 3589 views

Reply to this thread

Back to top Alert abuse

Always highlight: 10 newest replies | Replies posted after I mark a forum
Replies to this discussion thread
Arrow 18 replies Author Time Post
Reply How Paul Ryan fits the A.P.A.’s “Psychopathic Checklist” and the danger represented to America. (Original post)
hue Aug 2012 OP
snappyturtle Aug 2012 #1
Kalidurga Aug 2012 #2
Freetz Aug 2012 #3
hue Aug 2012 #6
spooky3 Aug 2012 #7
hue Aug 2012 #8
spooky3 Aug 2012 #14
hue Aug 2012 #4
spooky3 Aug 2012 #5
Hanz Aug 2012 #9
hlthe2b Aug 2012 #10
GutYeah Aug 2012 #12
Myrina Aug 2012 #11
cbayer Aug 2012 #13
Gutyah Aug 2012 #15
Gatyah Aug 2012 #16
callmemaybe Aug 2012 #17
Puglover Aug 2012 #18

Response to hue (Original post)

Sat Aug 18, 2012, 07:03 PM

1. Aother trait is that psychopaths can feign the proper emotion for the situation!

That's one of the reasons they are hard to detect.

Reply to this post

Back to top Alert abuse Link here Permalink

Response to snappyturtle (Reply #1)

Sat Aug 18, 2012, 07:22 PM

2. I think this fits Mitt as well. He just isn't as good an actor...

Probably because he has been shielded better from having to act since he grew up with money and quickly accumulated a fortune. He got a job where his behavior looks normal to the people around him, but if he had a real job his behavior probably wouldn't fly.

I am glad there aren't many Democrats with this disorder. I think the party tends to not let them get very far, certainly not on a national level. Or perhaps it is the party platform itself that keeps them from joining in the first place since caring about people is an important part of the Democratic ideal.

Reply to this post

Response to Freetz (Reply #3)

Response to hue (Reply #6)

Sat Aug 18, 2012, 07:46 PM

7. Please re-read the blog post in your OP.

The APA established the diagnostic criteria that are used by its members to diagnose individual clients.

The organization did NOT diagnose Ryan.

And the Madison blogger specifically said that he is not a psychologist.

Reply to this post

Response to spooky3 (Reply #7)

Sat Aug 18, 2012, 07:48 PM

8. Yes You are right, the blogger did infer it! Thanks!!

Reply to this post

Response to hue (Reply #8)

Sat Aug 18, 2012, 09:12 PM

14. No problem!

Reply to this post

Response to hue (Reply #4)

Response to spooky3 (Reply #5)

Response to Hanz (Reply #9)

Sat Aug 18, 2012, 08:31 PM

10. Auf Wiedersehen, Herr Hanz

Vielleicht möchten Sie Freie Republik zu besuchen. www.freerepublic.com

Reply to this post

Response to hlthe2b (Reply #10)

Sat Aug 18, 2012, 09:01 PM

12. Herr Hanz...

I would not support the organization that you put in your post other than the toys for tots by Marines they link to on their web site. I had the opportunity to rent a Harley and ride from San Diego to Sturgis SD and I met a bunch of Marines on that ride a couple of years back. We were three Germans stopped because of the rain at a gas station in NM, in comes 6 guys on Harleys that fill up their tanks and getting ready to head into the worst weather I have seen. I asked them, "are you heading into that", response of course we are going to Sturgis and we can't be late. Why, cause they are meeting up with other Marines. We asked them if we could tag along with them. They said yes, but would not slow their speed to keep up us in their group. They rode fast but we kept up. I now have three Marines as my friends.

Reply to this post

Sat Aug 18, 2012, 08:56 PM

11. Can we stop with the psych diagnosis

... Of GOP candidates we don't like, please?

They're assholes. Selfish assholes. Nothing more and nothing less.

Reply to this post

Response to Myrina (Reply #11)

Sat Aug 18, 2012, 09:02 PM

13. Could not agree more.

Reply to this post

Response to cbayer (Reply #13)

Response to callmemaybe (Reply #17)

Sun Aug 19, 2012, 06:32 PM

18. Gay Patriot my foot.

If that loathsome site is run by a person that is gay I'll eat my shoes.

Reply to this post

Reply to this thread