HomeLatest ThreadsGreatest ThreadsForums & GroupsMy SubscriptionsMy Posts
DU Home » Latest Threads » Forums & Groups » Main » Good Reads (Forum) » "Birther Group Launc...
Introducing Discussionist: A new forum by the creators of DU

Sat Aug 4, 2012, 11:54 PM

"Birther Group Launches National Ad Campaign Seeking To Disqualify Obama From Reelection"

from ThinkProgress

http://thinkprogress.org/justice/2012/08/03/635491/birther-group-launches-national-ad-campaign-seeking-to-disqualify-obama-from-reelection/

"A birther organization known as the Conservative Majority Fund is currently running a national ad campaign claiming that it can disqualify President Obama from running for reelection. While the ad is steeped in the rhetoric of the birther movement, it goes far beyond simply claiming that Obama was not born in the United States. Indeed, the ad manages to cram a truly stunning number of far right conspiracy theories into just one minute of air time:

Who is Barack Obama? We know less about this man than any other President in American history. Whatís he hiding? His autobiography is full of fictional characters. But thereís a lot more than that. If you try to look into his past, you run into a brick wall.

His college records at Columbia, sealed! His college records at Harvard, sealed! We donít know what his thesis papers were about because those are sealed too. He Selective Service record is sealed. His records as an attorney are sealed. He has a Connecticut Social Security number and we canít get answers about that either.

And no one ó I mean no one ó has seen an actual physical copy of Barack Obamaís birth certificate."

snip

this is some sick, sick shit. There are going to be some really nauseating moments leading up to the big day in November.

14 replies, 2828 views

Reply to this thread

Back to top Alert abuse

Always highlight: 10 newest replies | Replies posted after I mark a forum
Replies to this discussion thread
Arrow 14 replies Author Time Post
Reply "Birther Group Launches National Ad Campaign Seeking To Disqualify Obama From Reelection" (Original post)
NRaleighLiberal Aug 2012 OP
MotherPetrie Aug 2012 #1
Ilsa Aug 2012 #3
meanit Aug 2012 #2
justgamma Aug 2012 #4
Puzzler Aug 2012 #5
Heather MC Aug 2012 #6
KegCreekDem Aug 2012 #8
KegCreekDem Aug 2012 #7
HeliumHigh Aug 2012 #9
Thor_MN Aug 2012 #10
Odin2005 Aug 2012 #11
Lil Missy Aug 2012 #12
AverageJoe90 Aug 2012 #13
struggle4progress Aug 2012 #14

Response to NRaleighLiberal (Original post)

Sat Aug 4, 2012, 11:59 PM

1. Let these fucking morons knock themselves out and spend all their money

Is any TV station actually running their ad or is it just on YouTube.

Reply to this post

Back to top Alert abuse Link here Permalink

Response to MotherPetrie (Reply #1)

Sun Aug 5, 2012, 12:28 AM

3. I saw it on television today.

I think I had the channel on the Olympics on MSNBC, or maybe NBC. It's an irritating commercial.

Reply to this post

Sun Aug 5, 2012, 12:03 AM

2. I've seen this new ad.

It's pretty ridiculous. Makes Obama sound like a comic book villain. The birthers tactics are mimicking the Swift boaters at this point, minus the effectiveness. They really are insane vermin.

Reply to this post

Sun Aug 5, 2012, 01:59 AM

4. It plays over and over in Iowa. Sickening! n/t

Reply to this post

Sun Aug 5, 2012, 09:41 AM

5. Yeah... let them knock themselves out...

... they're preaching to the proverbial choir. It's way too late in the day to try to define (or redefine) Obama. Romney, however...

Reply to this post

Sun Aug 5, 2012, 10:41 AM

6. Money can make a bad person worse.

OK let's do a worthers commercial

Mitt did you have legal residence in Massachusettsat the time you ran for Governor?

Mitt Did you really go 10 years without paying. taxes

Mitt why do you stock pile money in foreign banks, American banks not good enough for you?

Mitt if you really left Bain in 1999, why is your name used on forms filed to the SEC in 2002 listing you as the CEO.

Mitt why do the middle class have to pay more, so you can pay less in taxes.

f

Reply to this post

Response to Heather MC (Reply #6)

Sun Aug 5, 2012, 11:15 AM

8. I agree

Fight fire with fire, is the best strategy when you are up against swift boaters.

Reply to this post

Sun Aug 5, 2012, 10:56 AM

7. I had this discussion with a Doctor I work with...

When this Creighton educated doctor mentioned that Obama might have been born in Kenya, I look at him incredulously then mentioned this: There is no record that Barack Obama's mother was ever in Kenya. It must have been a miraculous birth! So Barack Obama's mother, Stanley Ann Dunham, left Hawaii to give birth in Kenya? His father was studying at the University of Hawaii while she was pregnant, and was deeply entrenched in studies. Where is the evidence that either of Obama's parents left Hawaii and went to Kenya so Barack would be born there?? Maybe infant Barack was teleported to Kenya by aliens. Not sure how they can justify his birth announcements being found in two Hawaiian papers, while he was in Kenya.

Hopefully, I got through to him. Most pubs do not pay attention to the real information that is out there, then they believe this kind of crap.

Reply to this post

Sun Aug 5, 2012, 01:00 PM

10. How is it that conservatives think that 3 or 4 construes a majority?

Most of their gatherings make family reunions look like metropolises, yet some how they think they outnumber everyone else. Is lack of comparative numbers skills genetically linked to conservatism?

Reply to this post

Sun Aug 5, 2012, 01:48 PM

11. OFFS!!!

These people need mental help.

Reply to this post

Sun Aug 5, 2012, 03:00 PM

12. I will encourage them to spend more of their money on this. n/t

Reply to this post

Sun Aug 5, 2012, 10:41 PM

13. *Sigh* Will these people ever stop?

The amount of Teabagger dog whistling is getting to be really nauseous.

Reply to this post

Tue Aug 7, 2012, 04:55 AM

14. ... "I, Dr. Chiyome Fukino, director of the Hawaii State Department of Health, have seen

the original vital records maintained on file by the Hawaii State Department of Health verifying Barack Hussein Obama was born in Hawaii and is a natural-born American citizen. I have nothing further to add to this statement or my original statement issued in October 2008 over eight months ago...."
Hawaii: Obama birth certificate is real
Updated 7/28/2009 7:41 PM
http://www.usatoday.com/news/nation/2009-07-27-obama-hawaii_N.htm

Hawai'i's Health Department confirmed yesterday that it has President Obama's original Aug. 4, 1961, birth certificate in storage, but the announcement is unlikely to satisfy conspiracy theorists who insist Obama was born in Kenya. "We don't destroy vital records," Health Department spokeswoman Janice Okubo said. "That's our whole job, to maintain and retain vital records." The Health Department's director reiterated yesterday that she has seen Obama's birth records ...
Posted on: Tuesday, July 28, 2009
Hawaii officials confirm Obamaís original birth certificate still exists
By Dan Nakaso
Advertiser Staff Writers
http://the.honoluluadvertiser.com/article/2009/Jul/28/ln/hawaii907280345.html

Linda Lingle, <Republican> Hawaii Governor interview about Obama Birth Certificate December 20, 2008

Reply to this post

Reply to this thread