HomeLatest ThreadsGreatest ThreadsForums & GroupsMy SubscriptionsMy Posts
DU Home » Latest Threads » Forums & Groups » Main » Good Reads (Forum) » Message hidden by jury de...
Introducing Discussionist: A new forum by the creators of DU

Tue Jul 31, 2012, 02:36 PM

Message hidden by jury decision

15 replies, 3449 views

Cannot reply in hidden threads

Back to top Alert abuse

Always highlight: 10 newest replies | Replies posted after I mark a forum
Replies to this discussion thread
Arrow 15 replies Author Time Post
Reply Message hidden by jury decision. (Original post)
cbrer Jul 2012 OP
janlyn Jul 2012 #1
Slit Skirt Aug 2012 #9
Bennyboy Jul 2012 #2
bunnies Jul 2012 #3
cbrer Jul 2012 #4
Slit Skirt Aug 2012 #11
agent46 Jul 2012 #5
pinto Aug 2012 #6
cbrer Aug 2012 #7
Warren DeMontague Oct 2012 #14
Slit Skirt Aug 2012 #12
libodem Aug 2012 #8
Slit Skirt Aug 2012 #10
jennajones Oct 2012 #13
Warren DeMontague Oct 2012 #15

Response to cbrer (Original post)

Tue Jul 31, 2012, 02:42 PM

1. Getting it?

Are you getting it yet? Different party,same agenda...

Both parties are bought and paid for by the corporate powers that be...

When Obama signed the NDAA with certain portions still intact, my eyes were opened.I still hold out hope that the democratic party has more interest in the common man.But it doesn't look good.

I am an independent with great love for my country,but huge distrust of my government.

Back to top Alert abuse Link here Permalink

Response to janlyn (Reply #1)

Fri Aug 3, 2012, 10:04 AM

9. thing of it is...it was happening long before NDAA

Glass Steagal...Patriot act....Union Busting...Iran Contra...NAFTA CAFTA...

history shows..it is all the same agenda.

They just have little moments so dems can cheer and be distracted. If you see something going on, and all the news is about it...look elsewhere. That is what the mainstream media is for. To distract us: "look over here, this is what we want you to pay attention to...not over there

Tue Jul 31, 2012, 03:03 PM

2. END CORPORATE PERSONHOOD!

That's it. Simple I know but there will be no change unless this is changed.

Tue Jul 31, 2012, 03:04 PM

3. ... in 2009.

Some nice anti-obama bs on that source of yours too. I especially love how it links to "the blaze"

Response to bunnies (Reply #3)

Tue Jul 31, 2012, 03:48 PM

4. Thanks...

I should have checked the date. Rehash is obvious ploy of RW

Response to bunnies (Reply #3)

Fri Aug 3, 2012, 10:17 AM

11. not so fast..

look him up. that statement about him is very true. It is also on many progressive websites, and people who follow what Monsanto is doing are definitely outraged that this monster of a corporation can be in charge of our food safety. You have to dig deeper

I would agree that it looks fish and probably a good talking point for rethugs...unfortunately it is true.

Tue Jul 31, 2012, 08:12 PM

5. The Gay Marriage thing is a no risk bone toss to the masses

Other than that though, he really doesn't have our back. Extra-judicial killings? Monsanto on the inside? He's an imperial president and a corporatist.

Better than Romney? Maybe, but barely.

Wed Aug 1, 2012, 04:11 PM

6. "About The Story of Liberty Radio Broadcast"

from the cited website -

We believe the story of our God-given rights is the great missing link to restore our nation again. The great story of Liberty reaches its crescendo in America with the Mayflower Compact and the landing of the Pilgrim fathers almost 400 years ago. But the great story began in Nazareth when the author of liberty, Jesus gave His first sermon to his home synagogue. The story is detailed in Luke chapter 4. He opened the scroll to Isaiah 61 and read the Messianic prophecy of the purpose of the Messiah’s coming. He detailed that he came to heal the broken-hearted , the blind, and to preach the Gospel to the poor. But when He came to the subject of Liberty he said he came to set the captives free, and then He repeated it a second time saying he came to set those that were in bondage free. When He finished reading the passage Jesus sat down and told the men that this prophecy had been fulfilled in their midst. The liberation of the world began that day. Jesus unleaded through His loving message of redemption, the power and principles that would bring the golden thread of liberty to the nations. From here we see the clear paper trail of liberty from the blood bought freedom documents that eminated from the Magna Carta, English Bill of rights, Mayflower compact, to our Declaration of Independence and Constitution. Political, economic and religious liberty have never been realized until the Pilgrim fathers applied the principles of the Bible fully to civil law. We can restore freedom and prosperity in our nation, only if we voluntary return to those “eternal principles of right”, those laws given at Mount Sinai and hold our representatives accountable to limit their jurisdiction to the protection of our God-given rights, not the limitation or interpretation of them.

An issue well worth discussing, yet suggest you choose a less agenda laden source for a start. ~ pinto

Response to pinto (Reply #6)

Wed Aug 1, 2012, 06:10 PM

7. Indeed

My outrage at the headline made me overlook a couple of other salient issues...

Response to cbrer (Reply #7)

Response to pinto (Reply #6)

Fri Aug 3, 2012, 10:20 AM

12. yes...I totally agree with you here

this is an issue that we must discuss....get the agenda out of it

Wed Aug 1, 2012, 08:22 PM

8. Henhouse

Meet fox. This seems like a glaring error of epic proportion.

Fri Aug 3, 2012, 10:13 AM

10. This happened in August 2011...unbelievable

This is how much they distract us. We have to stop letting it happen. Hold msm accountable and keep blogging and posting about it everywhere. Then get out with signs and tell the good citizens of the US how our government is not what they think it is.

Mon Oct 15, 2012, 11:33 PM

13. Appointment

I am the author of the article, and would be happy to answer any questions. I would also like to note that just because I have faith in my God, in your comments this lessons me. How does that make my world view any less relevant? I was under the impression democrats were the party of acceptance. I am not a republican, but a Libertarian. Does this also make my research less relevant? I would encourage you to please do your research. Some things like taxes and jobs are important political issues.. however, your health and our food and water sources are not party divided. It is a battle all of us need to fight for. If you doubt me, a simple Google search will clarify this sickening appointment. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Michael_R._Taylor

I would also like to note, NDAA and the protest bill are other issues that should have no party divide. These are basic American Values.

Response to jennajones (Reply #13)

Tue Oct 16, 2012, 01:21 AM

15. So you guys think Obama's a secret muslim, eh?

http://thestoryoflibertyblog.com/2012/10/11/obamas-ring-there-is-no-god-but-allah/

Yeah, er, when folks spout gibberish, it tends to diminish (i.e. lessen) their credibility.

For a self-professed "Libertarian", you guys sure seem to parrot the worst authoritarian noise coming out of the religious right and teabagger basement of the GOP. So Libertarian you want to do away with the separation of church and state, or mandate the Federal Goverment into peoples' bodies and reproductive systems, right?

Libertarian, my ass. Genuine Libertarians are about 50% batshit insane, in my book, but at least the intellectually consistent and honest ones realize that the government shouldn't be playing sex police for consenting adults, that GLBT citizens deserve the same right to marry the person they love as the rest of us, and that, for fuck's sake, we shouldn't be throwing people in prison for smoking a relatievely harmless plant that could sensibly and lucratively be legalized, regulated, and taxed for consenting adult use, just the way George Washington grew it.

And they sure as shit don't boggle-yoggle on about "God's Dominion" over Public Affairs.

Reply to this thread