HomeLatest ThreadsGreatest ThreadsForums & GroupsMy SubscriptionsMy Posts
DU Home » Latest Threads » Forums & Groups » Main » Good Reads (Forum) » Conservative wonderboy gr...
Introducing Discussionist: A new forum by the creators of DU

Tue Jul 3, 2012, 03:46 PM

Conservative wonderboy grows up - embraces Obamacare - (conservatives writhe with rage)

(emphasis my own)
http://news.yahoo.com/conservative-wonderboy-grows-embraces-obamacare-philosophy-161334969.html

Like so many teenagers, Jonathan Krohn says he cringes when he thinks of some of the deeply uncool things he said when he was 13. Unlike most teenagers, Krohn said those things on camera in a speech at the 2009 Conservative Political Action Conference, making him a YouTube sensation. Now? Krohn tells Politico's Patrick Gavin he's not a conservative anymore. He likes gay marriage and Obamacare. He's going to New York University in the fall. He name drops German philosophers. But his old fans can't accept that he's changed. "Come on, I was thirteen," he told Politico. "I was thirteen."

Krohn explains his evolution to Gavin:

"I think it was naive... Itís a 13-year-old kid saying stuff that he had heard for a long time...

"One of the first things that changed was that I stopped being a social conservative... It just didnít seem right to me anymore. From there, it branched into other issues, everything from health care to economic issues.Ö I think Iíve changed a lot, and itís not because Iíve become a liberal from being a conservative ó itís just that I thought about it more. The issues are so complex, you canít just go with some ideological mantra for each substantive issue."

<more>

Unlike Jonathan, conservatives refuse to grow up... or to think for themselves.

4 replies, 1504 views

Reply to this thread

Back to top Alert abuse

Always highlight: 10 newest replies | Replies posted after I mark a forum
Replies to this discussion thread
Arrow 4 replies Author Time Post
Reply Conservative wonderboy grows up - embraces Obamacare - (conservatives writhe with rage) (Original post)
Bill USA Jul 2012 OP
ailsagirl Jul 2012 #1
Beartracks Jul 2012 #2
Tx4obama Jul 2012 #3
Aristus Jul 2012 #4

Response to Bill USA (Original post)

Tue Jul 3, 2012, 04:01 PM

1. HA HA HA HA!!!

Wonderful! Another repuke smackdown!!

Reply to this post

Back to top Alert abuse Link here Permalink

Wed Jul 4, 2012, 03:38 AM

2. "ideological blather that really wasnít meaningful"

Jonathan Krohn has emerged from the cave!

========================

Reply to this post

Wed Jul 4, 2012, 04:59 AM

3. Krohn said he's pro-health reform, pro-gay rights, & if he was old enough he'd vote for Obama :) nt

Reply to this post

Wed Jul 4, 2012, 04:12 PM

4. Reminds me a little of me when I was that age.

In high school, I was a huge Ronald Reagan fan. You know - rah-rah-the-pride-is-back-kill-kill-kill-patriotism-freedom-Gawd-bless-America bullshit.

Then I grew up and embraced my inner liberal. Embraced it so hard, my motto is:

"Liberal till I DIE, motherfuckers!"

Good for him. I think the life he leads from now on will be a lot happier.

Reply to this post

Reply to this thread