HomeLatest ThreadsGreatest ThreadsForums & GroupsMy SubscriptionsMy Posts
DU Home » Latest Threads » Forums & Groups » Main » Good Reads (Forum) » Oxycontin and Coffee Cake...
Introducing Discussionist: A new forum by the creators of DU

Wed May 30, 2012, 10:42 PM

Oxycontin and Coffee Cake....Margaret and Helen...

"Margaret, only in America can a white, Christian woman grow up to marry a white, Christian man and live in a lovely home and shop at a Piggly Wiggly. Maybe I should run for President. Of course I would need to go back to school and get a degree from Harvard or Yale first.

Now I thought the American public was smarter than this… Or maybe they are but the Republican base is just messing up the grading curve. Dress him however you want, but Romney is a rich son of a bitch. Period. He can talk all he wants about “Only in America…” but honest to God doesn’t anyone in the Republican Party see the irony in that? Only in America? He should say In America Only a wealthy guy in a business suit can get the Republican nomination. For Christ’s sake, the other guy is a black man raised by a single white woman. He’s a Christian mulatto who gets confused for a Kenyan Muslim. Now there’s your Only in America story. And evidently only in the Democratic Party as well.

I don’t have issues with a poor man becoming wealthy any more than I do with a wealthy man becoming President. But is that all you’ve got? Mitt’s father’s family was temporarily poor during the depression? Get in line. His Dad had a pet pony named Monty. Wow. Life was real a pile of shit for that guy. Who names their pony Monty?

Mitt Romney is George Bush all over again. Wealthy kid of a wealthy politician who has no earthly idea what it means to make the money stretch from one paycheck to another… Only in America my ass. ...

More at:

http://margaretandhelen.com/2012/05/30/in-the-republican-party-the-american-dream-is-just-an-oxycontin-hallucination/

2 replies, 1302 views

Reply to this thread

Back to top Alert abuse

Always highlight: 10 newest replies | Replies posted after I mark a forum
Replies to this discussion thread
Arrow 2 replies Author Time Post
Reply Oxycontin and Coffee Cake....Margaret and Helen... (Original post)
The empressof all May 2012 OP
Raster May 2012 #1
ladym55 May 2012 #2

Response to The empressof all (Original post)

Wed May 30, 2012, 10:49 PM

1. Brilliant! Only in America my ass.

Mitt’s father’s family was temporarily poor during the depression? Get in line. His Dad had a pet pony named Monty. Wow. Life was real a pile of shit for that guy. Who names their pony Monty?

Reply to this post

Back to top Alert abuse Link here Permalink

Response to The empressof all (Original post)

Wed May 30, 2012, 11:00 PM

2. Margaret and Helen are the best

I mean it. Really.

Reply to this post

Back to top Alert abuse Link here Permalink

Reply to this thread