HomeLatest ThreadsGreatest ThreadsForums & GroupsMy SubscriptionsMy Posts
DU Home » Latest Threads » Forums & Groups » Main » Good Reads (Forum) » This Astounding Conflict ...

Thu Apr 5, 2012, 06:25 PM

This Astounding Conflict Of Interest Might Cost Us The Affordable Care Act

http://front.moveon.org/this-astounding-conflict-of-interest-might-cost-us-the-affordable-care-act/

6 replies, 1271 views

Reply to this thread

Back to top Alert abuse

Always highlight: 10 newest replies | Replies posted after I mark a forum
Replies to this discussion thread
Arrow 6 replies Author Time Post
Reply This Astounding Conflict Of Interest Might Cost Us The Affordable Care Act (Original post)
Bill USA Apr 2012 OP
leveymg Apr 2012 #1
Bill USA Apr 2012 #2
pangaia Apr 2012 #3
Doctor_J Apr 2012 #6
jade3000 Apr 2012 #4
surrealAmerican Apr 2012 #5

Response to Bill USA (Original post)

Thu Apr 5, 2012, 06:33 PM

1. All that the AG had to do was convene a Grand Jury, and Thomas would've been gone a year ago.

But, no. I think they see more political hay in a 5-4 decision that overturns the AHCA, which nobody particularly likes, anyway.

Reply to this post

Back to top Alert abuse Link here Permalink

Response to leveymg (Reply #1)

Thu Apr 5, 2012, 07:00 PM

2. when Crusaders for Corporate Feudalism overturn the AHCA it will usher in a single payer system.

In about 10 years the number of people who cannot afford medical insurance will grow to such a extent that an efficient solution to the problem will be demanded by the dire circumstance. That solution will be to expand medicare to include people of any age.

Basically, what we'll have is a buyers club for medical services and pharmaceuticals managed by the community's agent - the Government.

Reply to this post

Response to Bill USA (Reply #2)

Thu Apr 5, 2012, 07:19 PM

3. Ten years is too late.

Reply to this post

Response to Bill USA (Reply #2)

Thu Apr 5, 2012, 10:46 PM

6. How can anyone believe this ridiculous tripe?

So you're glad that a corrupt court is going to overturn ACA and throw millions into poverty, so that maybe 10 years hence things will get so bad that we might get a real system?

There is seriously no crime by the Repukes so heinous that some starry-eyed Dems won't be happy about it.

Reply to this post

Thu Apr 5, 2012, 08:32 PM

4. Doubtful this will even get much attention

I hope it will, but I gather this story has been out for awhile, although perhaps with less shocking statistics. I saw this in Mother Jones: http://motherjones.com/mojo/2011/05/clarence-thomas-health-care-reform-weiner

My main complaint with Thomas, however, is that he doesn't speak in the courtroom; therefore, attorneys have no opportunity to respond to his concerns. He sits there quietly and then blasts their case in his opinion. Well, maybe if he had raised those concerns, they could have been answered some of them.

Anyway, these little pictures like the one from moveon.org have a way of catching on, so maybe there's hope for this case.

Reply to this post

Thu Apr 5, 2012, 09:37 PM

5. k & r

This should be getting much more attention than it is now.

Reply to this post

Reply to this thread