HomeLatest ThreadsGreatest ThreadsForums & GroupsMy SubscriptionsMy Posts
DU Home » Latest Threads » Forums & Groups » Main » Latest Breaking News (Forum) » White House names Todd Pa...

Fri Mar 9, 2012, 10:55 PM

White House names Todd Park as U.S. chief technology officer

Source: Wash. Post

The White House on Friday named Todd Park as U.S. chief technology officer, a post that came with high expectations when it was created in 2009, but has produced questionable outcomes, analysts say.

Park, who oversaw technology for the U.S. Department of Health and Human Services, replaces Aneesh Chopra, the first to hold the post.

Park launched healthcare.gov at HHS, a site that allows consumers to compare health insurance plans. In his new role, Park will work to reduce bloated IT budgets and push for initiatives that use technology to make government information more easily available to the public.

(...)

Park is a former entrepreneur who in 1997 founded Athenahealth, an electronic health records provider. He also worked as a health-care industry consultant at Booz Allen Hamilton.

Read more: http://www.washingtonpost.com/business/economy/white-house-names-todd-park-as-new-us-chief-technology-officer/2012/03/09/gIQAv8B71R_story.html

1 replies, 1498 views

Reply to this thread

Back to top Alert abuse

Always highlight: 10 newest replies | Replies posted after I mark a forum
Replies to this discussion thread
Arrow 1 replies Author Time Post
Reply White House names Todd Park as U.S. chief technology officer (Original post)
alp227 Mar 2012 OP
bitchkitty Mar 2012 #1

Response to alp227 (Original post)

Sat Mar 10, 2012, 10:22 AM

1. A health care consultant?

The article mentions "breakthrough iniatives" but doesn't elaborate. I don't get how his background qualifies him to be CTO - because he launched a website? I've launched at least 50 - which would mean I'm 50 times more qualified than him!

Reply to this post

Back to top Alert abuse Link here Permalink

Reply to this thread