HomeLatest ThreadsGreatest ThreadsForums & GroupsMy SubscriptionsMy Posts
DU Home » Latest Threads » Forums & Groups » Main » Latest Breaking News (Forum) » State court gives final O...
Introducing Discussionist: A new forum by the creators of DU

Wed Aug 14, 2013, 07:49 PM

State court gives final OK to gay marriage (California-Propr 8)

Source: San Francisco Chronicle

Cans are seen tied to the back of Proposition 8 plaintiffs Jeff Zarillo and Paul Katami during the Annual Pride Parade in San Francisco, CA

(08-14) 14:51 PDT SAN FRANCISCO -- The state Supreme Court gave its final approval Wednesday to the rights of gays and lesbians to marry, dismissing an appeal by sponsors of the 2008 initiative that banned same-sex marriage in California.

The justices unanimously denied review of a suit by conservative Christians who put Proposition 8 on the ballot and argued that it remains in effect statewide, despite a federal judge's 2010 ruling in San Francisco that declared it unconstitutional.

snip

Read more: http://www.sfgate.com/news/article/State-court-gives-final-OK-to-gay-marriage-4732959.php

3 replies, 629 views

Reply to this thread

Back to top Alert abuse

Always highlight: 10 newest replies | Replies posted after I mark a forum
Replies to this discussion thread
Arrow 3 replies Author Time Post
Reply State court gives final OK to gay marriage (California-Propr 8) (Original post)
KittyWampus Aug 2013 OP
David__77 Aug 2013 #1
SoapBox Aug 2013 #2
blkmusclmachine Aug 2013 #3

Response to KittyWampus (Original post)

Wed Aug 14, 2013, 10:54 PM

1. Well this is nice.

I wonder what the California right-wingers will come up with now that there's no legal path for them regarding marriage. I'm sure they'll come up with SOMETHING.

Reply to this post

Back to top Alert abuse Link here Permalink

Thu Aug 15, 2013, 01:17 AM

2. I want the ARIZONA creeps to

get the fuck out of California and stop trying to impose THEIR Fundy will on our beautiful state.

Reply to this post

Thu Aug 15, 2013, 03:36 AM

3. +1

Reply to this post

Reply to this thread