HomeLatest ThreadsGreatest ThreadsForums & GroupsMy SubscriptionsMy Posts
DU Home » Latest Threads » Forums & Groups » Main » Latest Breaking News (Forum) » G.R. Democrat files to ru...
Introducing Discussionist: A new forum by the creators of DU

Tue Feb 14, 2012, 01:16 AM

G.R. Democrat files to run against Amash (Trevor Thomas helped repeal DADT)

Trevor Thomas, a Democrat from Grand Rapids, is the first person to announce he will seek to challenge incumbent Republican Justin Amash in Michiganís 3rd Congressional District.

In an online video released today announcing his campaign, Thomas said he is running to help struggling middle- and working-class people in West Michigan. The video shows images from throughout the new congressional district, including downtown Battle Creek.

Political redistricting moves Calhoun County into the 3rd District at the end of the year. Amash of Cascade Township is serving his first term. Michiganís party primary is Aug. 7.

Thomas is a graduate of Grand Valley State University who worked at a radio and television station before joining Jennifer Granholmís 2006 re-election campaign and working in her executive office.

http://www.battlecreekenquirer.com/article/20120213/NEWS01/302130009

Trevor Thomas is the real deal. He's a solid progressive who helped repeal "Don't Ask, Don't Tell."

http://www.facebook.com/TrevorForCongress?sk=wall
http://trevorforcongress.com/

4 replies, 1809 views

Reply to this thread

Back to top Alert abuse

Always highlight: 10 newest replies | Replies posted after I mark a forum
Replies to this discussion thread
Arrow 4 replies Author Time Post
Reply G.R. Democrat files to run against Amash (Trevor Thomas helped repeal DADT) (Original post)
UrbScotty Feb 2012 OP
AllyCat Feb 2012 #1
a2liberal Feb 2012 #2
TrevorThomasMI Feb 2012 #3
Odin2005 Feb 2012 #4

Response to UrbScotty (Original post)

Tue Feb 14, 2012, 02:07 AM

1. There are a couple of things I like about Amash:

he posts daily in his FB page about what he has voted on and why. I rarely agree with him, but at least he seems responsive to his people. He has voted against a few things the Dems bought hook, line, and sinker. But I still get his FB updates and he is, well, kind of not a great guy.

Glad to hear this man is running against Amash. Hope he continues to be responsive to his constituents!

Reply to this post

Back to top Alert abuse Link here Permalink

Response to AllyCat (Reply #1)

Tue Feb 14, 2012, 03:21 AM

2. I was going to say

I hope when he wins he continues Amash's "live blog" sort of idea.

Reply to this post

Response to a2liberal (Reply #2)

Tue Feb 14, 2012, 08:25 PM

3. I will, a2liberal

I just read your comments -- one of the commitments I've made -- and I'm letting you know I'm paying attention. Take care, Trevor

Reply to this post

Response to TrevorThomasMI (Reply #3)

Tue Feb 14, 2012, 08:44 PM

4. Welcome to DU, and good luck!

Reply to this post

Reply to this thread