HomeLatest ThreadsGreatest ThreadsForums & GroupsMy SubscriptionsMy Posts
DU Home » Latest Threads » Forums & Groups » Main » Latest Breaking News (Forum) » Dozens Of Uncounted Presi...
Introducing Discussionist: A new forum by the creators of DU

Fri Apr 19, 2013, 02:08 PM

Dozens Of Uncounted Presidential Election Ballots Found In San Mateo Vault

Source: CBS San Francisco

San Mateo County election officials announced Thursday that 65 uncounted provisional ballots from Novemberís election were found last week in a vault at the departmentís headquarters.

According to election officials, the ballots were found last Friday in the vault inside a covered bin that had prevented them from being seen.

The 65 ballots, which came from the Redwood City voting center, included 35 from eligible voters, with the other 30 coming from people who were ineligible or had already voted in the election.

The number of uncounted ballots did not change the outcome of any contests or measures, so the countyís election results remain certified, said San Mateo County chief elections officer Mark Church.

Read more: http://sanfrancisco.cbslocal.com/2013/04/19/dozens-of-uncounted-november-ballots-found-in-san-mateo-vault/

9 replies, 2403 views

Reply to this thread

Back to top Alert abuse

Always highlight: 10 newest replies | Replies posted after I mark a forum
Replies to this discussion thread

Response to alp227 (Original post)

Fri Apr 19, 2013, 02:09 PM

1. In the USA we just throw away provisonal ballots.

Reply to this post

Back to top Alert abuse Link here Permalink

Fri Apr 19, 2013, 02:14 PM

2. Has John Kerry commented yet?

Reply to this post

Fri Apr 19, 2013, 02:39 PM

3. The ruling class picks the president anyway. nt

Reply to this post

Response to valerief (Reply #3)

Fri Apr 19, 2013, 02:46 PM

4. If that were true, Mitt Romney would be President right now, and you know it.

Regardless of what one might think of Obama's approach on certain policies, it would be insane to think they wouldn't have preferred Romney.

Reply to this post

Response to phleshdef (Reply #4)

Fri Apr 19, 2013, 02:48 PM

5. Nope. The ruling class has an agenda and it doesn't involve an unpopular prez. nt

Reply to this post

Response to valerief (Reply #5)

Fri Apr 19, 2013, 02:52 PM

6. Whatever. Thats a bunch of conspiracy theory bull.

Myself and others voted President Obama into office, 2 terms in a row, fair and square. Unless you have extraordinary proof for your extraordinary claims, then I see no reason to place any merit in such nonsense. You should take that shit over to InfoWars.com or something.

Reply to this post

Response to phleshdef (Reply #6)

Fri Apr 19, 2013, 02:55 PM

7. "conspiracy theory" is as tired as "have a nice day". nt

Reply to this post

Response to phleshdef (Reply #4)

Fri Apr 19, 2013, 03:41 PM

8. I was shocked Romney got 47ish percent. IMO he got his people to scam some votes AND

steal/invalidate as many Dem. district votes as they could.

Wonder if Arizona ever counted those 200,000? votes when they scrambled the voting locations at the last second. Then said peoples votes wouldn't count if they voted provisional at the wrong location.

I have no trust left for the republican party. The extreme republicans haven't done anything good, not a single thing for ALL 'the people' and America in decades. Selfish to the max.

Reply to this post

Response to Sunlei (Reply #8)

Fri Apr 19, 2013, 04:46 PM

9. Mitt Romney isn't trusted with policy, I think.

The stealing of votes takes place at a higher level. Mitt's job was to look good while not saying much, and he half-assed even that.

Reply to this post

Reply to this thread