HomeLatest ThreadsGreatest ThreadsForums & GroupsMy SubscriptionsMy Posts
DU Home » Latest Threads » Forums & Groups » Main » Latest Breaking News (Forum) » Judith Miller not hopeful...
Introducing Discussionist: A new forum by the creators of DU

Mon Apr 8, 2013, 07:34 PM

Judith Miller not hopeful for FoxNews.com reporter facing jail time for not revealing source

Source: Fox News (not The Onion)

“I had a very similar situation to Jana’s,” Miller said Monday. “Jana broke a very important story in this case, but nevertheless I was faced with the same choice and I made the same decision that she seems to be making.”

“If we’re dependent on what the government tells us, the public never really gets to know what it needs to know about a situation,” Miller said. “And we can’t do our jobs without investigative reporting. That is, without going out and talking to people whom perhaps the government doesn’t want us to talk to, to give the public the full story, which is very much what Jana did and I tried to do.”

Miller continued: “But if we don’t have that personal relationship and a relationship of trust with our sources, people won’t tell us things, because they really are risking their careers when they tell us something that perhaps the government doesn’t want us to know.”

Read more: http://www.foxnews.com/us/2013/04/08/judith-miller-not-hopeful-for-foxnewscom-reporter-facing-jail-time-for-not/

"similar situation" ...???? REALLY?!?!? ....You didn't break any story you filed their talking points and got them onto the NY stinkin' TIMES above the fold. "the government doesn’t want us to talk to" -- THE GOVERNMENT WAS WHO YOU WERE WORKING FOR!!!

"personal relationship'?

“You went into jail in the summer. It is fall now. You will have stories to cover — Iraqi elections and suicide bombers, biological threats and the Iranian nuclear program. Out west, where you vacation, the aspens will already be turning. They turn in clusters, because their roots connect them. Come back to work — to life.”
--Scooter Libby's love letter to Judith Miller

13 replies, 3286 views

Reply to this thread

Back to top Alert abuse

Always highlight: 10 newest replies | Replies posted after I mark a forum
Replies to this discussion thread
Arrow 13 replies Author Time Post
Reply Judith Miller not hopeful for FoxNews.com reporter facing jail time for not revealing source (Original post)
underpants Apr 2013 OP
Canuckistanian Apr 2013 #1
Adenoid_Hynkel Apr 2013 #2
underpants Apr 2013 #3
hrmjustin Apr 2013 #5
zbdent Apr 2013 #9
cosmicone Apr 2013 #11
PolitFreak Apr 2013 #4
pacalo Apr 2013 #6
alfredo Apr 2013 #7
rocktivity Apr 2013 #8
Kolesar Apr 2013 #10
Javaman Apr 2013 #12
Figaro78 Apr 2013 #13

Response to underpants (Original post)

Mon Apr 8, 2013, 07:42 PM

1. Irony is not only dead. It's becoming a health hazard.

Someone should remove the corpse.

Reply to this post

Back to top Alert abuse Link here Permalink

Mon Apr 8, 2013, 07:44 PM

2. FOX actually puts Miller on their media ethics show

I think the entire point of FOX is to punish viewers for knowing anything

Reply to this post

Response to Adenoid_Hynkel (Reply #2)

Mon Apr 8, 2013, 07:50 PM

3. They have a media ethics show?

Reply to this post

Response to underpants (Reply #3)

Mon Apr 8, 2013, 08:04 PM

5. It has been on air for years and it goes like this...

..." why are they giving Bush such a hard time in the media?" and "Why are they not giving Obama a harder time on this?".

Reply to this post

Mon Apr 8, 2013, 09:24 PM

9. ironic, isn't it?

Bet they get cash straight from Murdoch, on that crew ...

Reply to this post

Tue Apr 9, 2013, 03:21 AM

11. That is almost like the Vatican

having a safest abortion procedures show.

Reply to this post

Mon Apr 8, 2013, 07:59 PM

4. Judith Miller

I think I'd get insta-banned if I described her, using the right words.

Reply to this post

Mon Apr 8, 2013, 08:06 PM

6. Only Fixed News would prop up a tool who should be taking a very LOW profile.

“And we can’t do our jobs without investigative reporting. That is, without going out and talking to people whom perhaps the government doesn’t want us to talk to, to give the public the full story, which is very much what Jana did and I tried to do.”

Their major problem is that most of us aren't as stupid as they obviously think we are.

“You went into jail in the summer. It is fall now. You will have stories to cover — Iraqi elections and suicide bombers, biological threats and the Iranian nuclear program. Out west, where you vacation, the aspens will already be turning. They turn in clusters, because their roots connect them. Come back to work — to life.”

(My) Translation:

You went into jail in the summer. It is fall now: You'll be getting out of jail soon; stick it out because... You will have stories to cover — Iraqi elections and suicide bombers, biological threats and the Iranian nuclear program...and we're counting on your high-profile standing to deliver our neocon messaging when you get out. Don't blow it by naming any names. Out west, where you vacation, the aspens will already be turning. They turn in clusters, because their roots connect them. Come back to work — to life: The neocon cabal has wined & dined you. They are deeply connected & will toe the line if they are betrayed. Don't talk -- & you'll live.

Reply to this post

Mon Apr 8, 2013, 08:31 PM

7. You don't need sources when you just make shit up.

Reply to this post

Mon Apr 8, 2013, 08:57 PM

8. STFU, you co-suborner of treason

and possible undercover CIA spook!

rocktivity

Reply to this post

Mon Apr 8, 2013, 10:17 PM

10. A million Iraqis fled, fifty thousand Iraqis dead ... eom

Reply to this post

Tue Apr 9, 2013, 09:16 AM

12. At the end of each day, she has to keep telling herself lies to sleep at night...

and hopefully at some point, it will eventually catch up to here.

You know in that war criminal accessory store of way.

Reply to this post

Tue Apr 9, 2013, 10:19 AM

13. Hopefully the gods will catch up...

...with this blood-spattered horror and deal with her the same way they dealt with Reagan and Thatcher...dementia and death.

Reply to this post

Reply to this thread