HomeLatest ThreadsGreatest ThreadsForums & GroupsMy SubscriptionsMy Posts
DU Home » Latest Threads » Forums & Groups » Main » Latest Breaking News (Forum) » California AG Harris: Gay...
Introducing Discussionist: A new forum by the creators of DU

Sun Mar 24, 2013, 06:42 PM

California AG Harris: Gay marriage is a 'fundamental right'

Source: Sacramento Bee

California Attorney General Kamala Harris said Sunday that two gay marriage cases before the U.S. Supreme Court this week were about a "fundamental right" in the U.S. Constitution.

... "This is a matter of equal protection under the law," Harris said on CNN. "Same-sex couples should be afforded equal status under the law."

... "We have 50,000 children in California right now who are asking, 'why can't my parents be married, too?'" Harris said.

Harris also weighed in on two other issues under debate nationwide and in California, gun control and immigration.

Read more: http://blogs.sacbee.com/capitolalertlatest/2013/03/california-ag-harris-gay-marriage-is-a-fundamental-right.html

4 replies, 1253 views

Reply to this thread

Back to top Alert abuse

Always highlight: 10 newest replies | Replies posted after I mark a forum
Replies to this discussion thread
Arrow 4 replies Author Time Post
Reply California AG Harris: Gay marriage is a 'fundamental right' (Original post)
Newsjock Mar 2013 OP
xxqqqzme Mar 2013 #1
David__77 Mar 2013 #2
NBachers Mar 2013 #3
goclark Mar 2013 #4

Response to Newsjock (Original post)

Sun Mar 24, 2013, 06:48 PM

1. Harris is proving to be an

excellent AG for California.

Reply to this post

Back to top Alert abuse Link here Permalink

Sun Mar 24, 2013, 07:00 PM

2. A good thing that she won, instead of the Republican the media so heavily promoted.

They really promoted her opponent Steven Cooley as the "new face of the California Republican Party." So much for that, until next time the media hankers for a resurgent Republican Party here.

Reply to this post

Sun Mar 24, 2013, 09:33 PM

3. Everything I've seen or heard about Kamala Harris make me glad that she's around

I hope she pursues offices in public life for a long time. We need people like her - sincere, honest, hardworking, and genuine.

Thank you for everything, Kamala Harris.

Reply to this post

Response to NBachers (Reply #3)

Mon Mar 25, 2013, 07:05 AM

4. Super classy ~

Smart and a rising Star!

Reply to this post

Reply to this thread