HomeLatest ThreadsGreatest ThreadsForums & GroupsMy SubscriptionsMy Posts
DU Home » Latest Threads » Forums & Groups » Main » Latest Breaking News (Forum) » Charlie Crist's wife lose...
Introducing Discussionist: A new forum by the creators of DU

Sat Feb 16, 2013, 02:24 AM

Charlie Crist's wife loses custody of two teenage daughters

Source: Tampa Bay Times

The ex-husband of former Florida first lady Carole Crist has been granted full custody of their two daughters, after alleging that she abandoned them and hasn't returned messages in nearly two years.
"She's completely abandoned them," Todd Rome said of his former wife of 14 years in a brief telephone interview Friday. He said Mrs. Crist, married for four years to former Gov. Charlie Crist, has not seen or spoken to her 14- and 16-year-old daughters since June 8, 2011, and that even simple tasks like getting her signature on documents have become a challenge.

Mrs. Crist and ex-husband Rome had joint custody until Feb. 1 when a family court judge in New York granted him temporary full custody. Rome said he may seek full custody permanently.
"She probably will not fight it, because she didn't fight this one,'' he said.
Neither Charlie nor Carole Crist could be reached for comment Friday, and a local attorney for Mrs. Crist said they would have no comment.

"The children's needs haven't been met,'' Rome's New York attorney, Mark Heller, told the New Times. "She won't answer calls. Her lawyers won't answer calls. And we had no choice but go to family court."
Reached by phone as he was driving with his daughters, Rome said he has no explanation for why Mrs. Crist, 43, cut off contact with his daughters. He then passed the phone to his wife of four-plus years, Vanessa Rome.

"Anything that needs a co-parent signature becomes a complete ordeal, because she doesn't answer,'' Mrs. Rome said of Mrs. Crist. Mrs. Crist used to visit her daughters every other weekend in New York City.
Mrs. Rome said Mrs. Crist had no patience for the girls any time they complained about something.
"I also can't make her visit her children."

Read more: http://www.tampabay.com/news/politics/gubernatorial/charlie-crists-wife-loses-custody-of-two-teenage-daughters/1275394

A first lady she'll never be!

47 replies, 8554 views

Reply to this thread

Back to top Alert abuse

Always highlight: 10 newest replies | Replies posted after I mark a forum
Replies to this discussion thread
Arrow 47 replies Author Time Post
Reply Charlie Crist's wife loses custody of two teenage daughters (Original post)
SugarShack Feb 2013 OP
babylonsister Feb 2013 #1
Happyhippychick Feb 2013 #6
Zoeisright Feb 2013 #13
obamanut2012 Feb 2013 #19
Trajan Feb 2013 #22
obamanut2012 Feb 2013 #24
Baitball Blogger Feb 2013 #45
obamanut2012 Feb 2013 #25
MADem Feb 2013 #26
Trajan Feb 2013 #31
iemitsu Feb 2013 #34
xmas74 Feb 2013 #43
iemitsu Feb 2013 #46
Kahuna Feb 2013 #20
PatrynXX Feb 2013 #18
AllTooEasy Feb 2013 #2
southernyankeebelle Feb 2013 #9
Shiraz Feb 2013 #23
southernyankeebelle Feb 2013 #39
MADem Feb 2013 #27
southernyankeebelle Feb 2013 #37
MADem Feb 2013 #38
southernyankeebelle Feb 2013 #40
Ilsa Feb 2013 #29
southernyankeebelle Feb 2013 #35
Schema Thing Feb 2013 #12
Zoeisright Feb 2013 #14
Schema Thing Feb 2013 #21
dotymed Feb 2013 #15
Fuddnik Feb 2013 #17
MADem Feb 2013 #28
Mojorabbit Feb 2013 #30
aaaaaa5a Feb 2013 #3
WhoWoodaKnew Feb 2013 #4
Divine Discontent Feb 2013 #5
SwissTony Feb 2013 #16
MADem Feb 2013 #33
eilen Feb 2013 #7
Xithras Feb 2013 #36
marble falls Feb 2013 #8
MADem Feb 2013 #32
graham4anything Feb 2013 #10
GreenEyedLefty Feb 2013 #11
RILib Feb 2013 #41
truthisfreedom Feb 2013 #42
Baitball Blogger Feb 2013 #44
harmonicon Feb 2013 #47

Response to SugarShack (Original post)

Sat Feb 16, 2013, 02:31 AM

1. Who cares? Not my business. nt

Reply to this post

Back to top Alert abuse Link here Permalink

Response to babylonsister (Reply #1)

Sat Feb 16, 2013, 08:20 AM

6. I'm with you.

Reply to this post

Sat Feb 16, 2013, 10:38 AM

13. It certainly is your business.

The wife of a politician who abandons her children speaks volumes about her character AND the character of her spouse.

Reply to this post

Response to Zoeisright (Reply #13)

Sat Feb 16, 2013, 11:48 AM

19. You are not repsonible for your spouse's actions/character/etc.

Reply to this post

Response to obamanut2012 (Reply #19)

Sat Feb 16, 2013, 12:48 PM

22. You aren't 'repsonsible' for your spouse's actions or character, etc ?

You are right, you are not directly 'repsonsible' for the actions of a spouse ....

However, we are responsible for how WE act, and what WE do, and that includes who we choose to associate with ...

Mr. Crist, who has designs on national office, will be rightly evaluated by voters for his suitability to hold high office, and those who value 'family values' will question his choice to associate himself with a women who has abandoned her own children ...

Those who value personal integrity and personal responsibility will question how a man of outstanding personal integrity can stand by and tolerate parental abandonment of his own stepdaughters ....

Yeah ... He is not directly responsible for the behavior of his fancy new wife, but he IS responsible for his own relationships with persons of questionable character .... Don't think he gets a free pass on these questions - He is the girls Father In Law ... We assume responsibility for our children when we choose to have them - We dont shirk that responsibility for our own convenience ...

I know little about Charlie Crist, beyond the petty state politics in Florida, but this much I do know - I would NOT vote for him if I knew he supported child abandonment ....

Signed,
Child of Abandoning Father

Reply to this post

Response to Trajan (Reply #22)

Sat Feb 16, 2013, 01:50 PM

24. We are not repsonible for our spouse's actions or character

Unless we help them in a crime.

Reply to this post

Response to obamanut2012 (Reply #24)

Sat Feb 16, 2013, 08:09 PM

45. In Florida, it may make a difference to the voters.

We're talking about people who would dismiss a politician if his sister is a thespian and if he's known to be a philanthropist.

Reply to this post

Sat Feb 16, 2013, 01:51 PM

25. Oh, and thanks for the smartphone typo snark

Reply to this post

Sat Feb 16, 2013, 02:04 PM

26. He is not the girl's "father in law." He is their stepfather, barely.

I'll wager those girls have servants they know better than their 'stepfather.'

My opinion of that marriage is that it is a business arrangement. Perhaps business is bad.

It doesn't matter--Crist doesn't have a national constituency. He never will.

Reply to this post

Response to MADem (Reply #26)

Sat Feb 16, 2013, 02:18 PM

31. I stand corrected ..

thanks ...

my kids, on the other hand, can't seem too get rid of me ...

Reply to this post

Sat Feb 16, 2013, 02:48 PM

34. While I sympathize with your perspective on this issue

you must remember that this information is part of a legal proceeding and reflects the bias of one ex-spouse toward the other ex-spouse. Those who file law suits want to win them and will often spin reality as they argue their case.
Complaints from teenagers, over having to eat in a hotel room, because their politician, step-father did not want spoiled, complaining kids at a political dinner, does not prove abandonment.
While not seeing one's children for two years might constitute abandonment it does not sound as if Mrs. Crist has had no contact. If that were the case the step-mother would not have said that Mrs Crist hung-up whenever the kids complained or "called her out on something".
Since the girl's father is wealthy and they live with him all the time anyway, what is the real point of the law-suit? There are many possible motives, one of which could be political, as you have already pointed out, many would not vote for a candidate, whose wife abandoned her children. If this was the motive (and I have no way of knowing what the motive is) then you fell victim to the plot very quickly and without much thought.
The intrigues of politicians, and of the rich, are beyond the grasp of most people as we are not privy to the inner-workings of their lives or work but, one thing is certain, they know how to manipulate the masses.
I do not know whether or not Mrs. Crist is a bad mother. I do know that nearly every teenager feels that their parents have failed them at one time or another. This is true whether the parents live with them or not. Some children have perfectly valid reasons to be critical of their parent's behavior and others complaints are due to unrealistic expectations on the part of the teens themselves.
The only material change in the girl's lives, as a result of this law suit, will be the ability of the father and step-mother to deny the mother access to the girls on the earlier, court-determined schedule.
Try to view this story in the context of the players lives, not in the context of your own.

Reply to this post

Response to iemitsu (Reply #34)

Sat Feb 16, 2013, 07:54 PM

43. One reason was mentioned.

In cases where two signatures are needed for the children it was very hard to get hers. If they can prove abandonment in court and have all rights taken from her then certain situations will be easier for the family.

On a personal note - I understand the need for a suit. I've dealt with situations where two signatures were needed for my child. I cannot get her father to comply. He abandoned our child years ago yet we still need his permission for a number of items. (Some trips, a passport, even a daycare wanted both signatures in case medical treatment was needed.)

Yes, this could be political but it could be for.other reasons.

Reply to this post

Response to xmas74 (Reply #43)

Sat Feb 16, 2013, 08:33 PM

46. Sure, the suit could be for perfectly legitimate reasons.

But we don't really know. What we know is what the media is telling us. We also know that Crist is a reformed republican, who has come out of the closet to criticize the party. People who do that are marked for destruction.
I am not a Crist fan or a Floridian and I'm not sure I trust him more than any other politician but he should not be discounted for political office because his wife is accused of neglect by an ex-husband and his wife.
Their are too many variables in family relationships for outsiders to easily determine fault, when there is conflict.
I know there are exs, who are asses. I know several families that deal with the realities of having once had them in their families.
It is frustrating, and in my opinion, damaging to the child. It is not only neglect but abuse. It is often the tool of weak, loser fathers, who want to punish ex-wives for moving on and improving their own lives (and ultimately the lives of their children). These men see any comfort their ex-wives enjoy as coming at their expense (child support payments) and want to inflict hardships to equal what they perceive to be their own sacrifice.
Usually one does not see this tactic used by privileged ex-wives against even more privileged husbands. But one might expect to see a second wife, who wants wife number one out of the picture, to use such a story to advance her goals.
Who knows?

Reply to this post

Response to Zoeisright (Reply #13)

Sat Feb 16, 2013, 12:17 PM

20. What does it say about the character of the spouse. I don't get it..

Please explain.

Reply to this post

Sat Feb 16, 2013, 11:35 AM

18. zzzzz should keep this out of the news

for respect of the kids. sheesh. not my biz

Reply to this post

Sat Feb 16, 2013, 05:22 AM

2. This woman is a complete sack of $hit

Family reins above all else. Even Charlie should chew her out for this one.

Reply to this post

Response to AllTooEasy (Reply #2)

Sat Feb 16, 2013, 09:35 AM

9. It is so sad to hear that. It really effects the kids. We are kinda going through something

like this ourselves. My daughter-in-law's dad left her on her birthday when she was a child and it has effected her til this day. She gets depressed and if she runs out of her medication all hell breaks down. If she gets mad at you then you don't get to see the kids. Right now she is mad at me because I had the audacity when she asked if she could borrow the car and that she would be back before the kids got off the bus from school. I said ok. Well at 8 pm at night she still wasn't back and my son was home from work and the kids went home with him. Well finally I called again and it was 11:20 at night and I asked her where she was with my car? Huh was all I got and reminded her what she said. Well she got upset at me about it. I told my son that the car was the only transportation we have living in a rural area and for him going to work. I haven't heard from her in days. This has been going on for weeks now. My son and her are having problems. It seems she cares about other people then her family. She sleeps all day and doesn't clean the house. She doesn't get up to make sure the kids are going to school. She usually takes them. The bus is way to early to pick them up. They live next door. We both told her that if she can't make it that we would take them. But she is to lazy to get out of bed. Finally the school sent a letter. At first my son didn't say anything. Well all hell broke when she got up and said she was worried about her friends baby because the mother had to go to work. That did it for him and he told her and show her a letter from the school about how the children are missing school. She went nuts. She left the house and it was a week. He ended up taking a leave of absence to deal with her problems. My son works in management now and at three different stores. Two are out of town. All she ever does as for long as we can remember is constantly complain. She can't seem to hold a job down. My son said just hold your end of the deal up. He isn't asked her to be overly clean but keep the house neat and wash the dishes and do the cloths. Surely she can do that much. We didn't tell him that the last few months she has been borrowing our car before lunch and sometimes she doesn't come home til 8pm. That is because the kids want her home. The kids need a mother at home. That is my biggest grip. She doesn't want to get up in the morning and when she does get up its never with a smile. My son has had it and I have never seen him so upset that he actually cried to the point he couldn't even speak. I'd never seen him like that and it is worrisome. He went back to work and he left his daughter with us because she didn't come home. He finally talked to her mother and grandmother to tell them what has been going on. They know how she is. Now she won't talk with them either because the mother told her to grow up and be a mother and stop partying around. She didn't like it. Who knows what is going to happen. He is in overdrive worrying about his daughter. Her son is at his father's house this weekend. Honestly what kind of a mother just ups and leaves and never lets you know where you are?

Reply to this post

Response to southernyankeebelle (Reply #9)

Sat Feb 16, 2013, 01:21 PM

23. My husbands best friend went through this

when he and his then wife had a 1 and 2 year old daughters. She was having an affair. She ended up leaving them all for this guy who she ended up marrying and having twin boys with. Can you imagine leaving your 2 babies ? Well he was devastated of course but thank goodness he had a great support system in his family and the 3 of them moved in with his parents. He eventually fell in love with a woman who worked at the daycare center he took the girls to. She also was a single parent to a daughter who was the same age as the girls. They just celebrated their 21st wedding anniversary on Valentines day. As for his 1st wife , her life has not been so good. The guy she married was in and out of jail for years, I think for selling drugs. He ended up dying at a young age of a massive heart attack, probably due to years of cocaine use. Anyway all the children are adults now, the girls are doing very well, both married and one a new mom. She is a great mom and nothing like her mother. Maybe they were young enough not to be affected by their mom abandoning them , they are close to their step brothers who are struggling due to the mom not the best at being a mom. The girls were lucky to be raised in a way more stable environment then their brothers and I think they learned to accept their mom for the person she was. My point being , just because you are able to become a mom , doesn't mean you should.

Reply to this post

Response to Shiraz (Reply #23)

Sat Feb 16, 2013, 04:16 PM

39. You know I don't know what is in her head. I swear the last time I saw her she brought

my granddaughter to the door and I didn't even recognize her. I feel bad for her but I feel bad more for my son and the children. I tried to tell him its time to let her go. But he is worried about his daughter. They were married once before and divorced. He made sure he fought her tooth and nail to get equal custody. He won although she had primary custody I guess for decisions. But now the remarried and after 18months I don't know what they are up too. I don't think he really wants a divorce. But a marriage is 2 people. She has never been able to keep a job and all he ask for the last time was just keep her end of the bargain up. It's hard when you sleep all day. She didn't get up to get the kids off to school and they missed allot of school. My son can't do it all because he got a promotion she encouraged to get (I don't think he really wanted it). But when you go to 3 different places and a couple of those places are out of town. He goes back and forth. He gets home and all she does is complain. I tired to tell her to count her blessing because we live next door and her mom lives in town. She takes the kids to her mom's on one weekend and on the other I get my granddaughter and the boy's grandmother gets him. So it is sad. I worry about my son going to work. I told him not to worry that sometimes work is a place where you can forget your personal problems because you get busy.

Reply to this post

Sat Feb 16, 2013, 02:11 PM

27. Sounds like an extra-marital relationship is going on, there.

Either that, or drugs. Or maybe both. Stop giving her the car. You could find yourself in hot legal water if she runs someone over, coked up, in your car.

Tell her that she can't hold the kids over your head, that if she keeps this shit up, you'll call child protective services on her--and since she's never home, hell, you can go see the kids "home alone" any time you want.

Your son has legal custody of those kids, too. He is a co-partner in deciding who the kids can see. Don't get bullied and don't cave to unreasonable demands. Believe me, she needs the babysitting.

Do you have plenty of room at your place? Are you family oriented? You could end up with your son and his kids living with you, with cheating mama getting visitation. It happens.

Reply to this post

Response to MADem (Reply #27)

Sat Feb 16, 2013, 04:04 PM

37. Well here is the good thing. They are living in our double wide trailer next door to us.

She really doesn't have anywhere to go. I found out my husband's co-worker went up to him and asked what was going on with them. My husband looked surprised and asked him how he knew. Come to find out she has been staying at their house. The guy said he didn't want to get inv olved and realized there is 2 sides to every story. He told my husband that she said he verbally abuses her. My husband said (which is true) believe him that she gives as good also with the verbal abuse. My husband said he really didn't no much more.

The sad thing is we tired over and over again along with her mother and grandmother that they shouldn't remarry again. But they didn't listen. Just nutty.

I realize that she will need us before we ever will need her. But I still love her because she gave us a beautiful granddaughter. But I am so tired of trying to help her financially getting on her feet that I think from now on if I see her doing something that isn't right I will not hold back.

She just isn't a great mother and I think she has had a ruff childhood. But you would think if your father walked out on you somehow you wouldn't do that with your children. She did take the older child who is a boy and from a relationship when she was 16. To be honest I think she is closer to her son then to the daughter. She was jealous because from the beginning my son was so happy to be a daddy and he turned out to be a great daddy. I hope she is going to make up her mind soon.

Reply to this post

Response to southernyankeebelle (Reply #37)

Sat Feb 16, 2013, 04:11 PM

38. Stop giving her the car. Tell her you can't carry her on your insurance or something.

Do or say whatever you have to say.

If she needs a ride, tell her you'll give her one--but don't give her the keys anymore.

You could lose your home if she runs someone over--really.

If you want, you could suggest to your son that they go to marriage counselling and then back away. Be there for the kids, give them some stability. Good luck, I have a feeling you'll need it. Hang in there.

Reply to this post

Response to MADem (Reply #38)

Sat Feb 16, 2013, 04:31 PM

40. I already stopped the car situation. There will be no more lending my car to her. I will

take her off my insurance also. But honestly I don't it will work unless you really are going to work through the problems. We tried to get her to go to counseling for her daddy issues. Her way of dealing with things is to run away. My son won't run away but at times he deals with the issue says what he needs to say up front and to the point and feels its time for her to deal with the issues. He said she isn't holding her end of the bargain up. I know my son has a temper but he has never ever hit her because he know I would never ever tolerant that period. He is the kind that tells it like it is and you have to deal with the truth.

Thanks for the advice.

Reply to this post

Sat Feb 16, 2013, 02:15 PM

29. I'm so sorry your family is going through this.

It sounds like the DIL is a mess, probably drinking too much or doing drugs, maybe having an affair. She can't hit rock-bottom too soon, IMO.

I'm sorry her father was a putz, but she's had other loving family around to help her. She needs to stop using her absent father as an excuse.

That being said, I hope she figures out very soon what she could lose and straightens out before something happens that is irreversible.

Reply to this post

Response to Ilsa (Reply #29)

Sat Feb 16, 2013, 03:52 PM

35. Yes I hope and pray your right. I feel so sad for my granddaughter. At least she is smart

enough to know that she just can't take her daughter. She is close to her daddy and it would kill him.

Reply to this post

Sat Feb 16, 2013, 10:16 AM

12. how the fuck do you know anything about this woman?

huh?

How do you know anything about this woman?

Reply to this post

Response to Schema Thing (Reply #12)

Sat Feb 16, 2013, 10:39 AM

14. By reading the article.

THAT is how we "know the fuck about this woman."

Christ on a crutch, I am SICK of the stupid.

Reply to this post

Response to Zoeisright (Reply #14)

Sat Feb 16, 2013, 12:33 PM

21. lol, yeah, I thought that's how you'd gotten so intimately acquainted with her.

"stupid" is believing every gossip item that happens across your eye's path.

Reply to this post

Sat Feb 16, 2013, 10:58 AM

15. Republican family values...eom

Reply to this post

Response to dotymed (Reply #15)

Sat Feb 16, 2013, 11:10 AM

17. Except Charlie is a Democrat now.

Probably our next Governor again.

Reply to this post

Sat Feb 16, 2013, 02:12 PM

28. There's a lot about her at a place called Google.

It was a very ... swift ... marriage, between her and Charlie.

Reply to this post

Sat Feb 16, 2013, 02:16 PM

30. We are only hearing one side

If there is one thing I have learned over the years...in family splits you can have wildly varying perceptions of what is happening. You can have all manner of things going on including one family member poisoning the relationship with the the ex spouse. I saw it happen with one of my sisters. She poisoned the relationship between a daughter and one of her ex husbands(who was the father of this daughter) and made it hell for him to even try to see the child. She would not pass on messages from him to her. She wanted that door closed and closed it for the child too. He did make an effort. Maybe not a huge effort but he did make one.

Reply to this post

Sat Feb 16, 2013, 07:30 AM

3. Even given the facts of this case....

family courts are so incredibly biased against men, I'm still shocked the father won.

Reply to this post

Sat Feb 16, 2013, 07:40 AM

4. And here's a pic of a mom who ignores her own kids

That's is a horrible mom. Even if the kids are nuts you still don't abandon them.

Reply to this post

Response to WhoWoodaKnew (Reply #4)

Sat Feb 16, 2013, 07:52 AM

5. must be too busy making herself barbie-thin

glad to see a caring dad win a custody case. I have a lady friend who is going through a custody mess with her ex, and he's just a total piece of work, and yet she's so forgiving to him despite his doing nothing for his daughter. After a year of non payment on support, or showing up for 90% of his visits, she finally took him to court. I think he got jail time. So, reading this story about a mom doing that just sickens me to think someone who gave birth to 2 children doesn't make time for them.

and, going through the replies, I'll never understand people who click on links then post they don't care. why waste your time reading it, and time posting about something you don't care about. ugh.

Reply to this post

Response to Divine Discontent (Reply #5)

Sat Feb 16, 2013, 11:10 AM

16. That ex could be my brother.

Split up from my SIL, didn't pay maintenance, came late to pick the kids up or called off at the last minute. My niece was extremely upset and still seeks her father's attention 30+ years later. My nephew, on the other hand, had a "screw you, a-hole" attitude. When my SIL remarried, he legally changed his surname to that of his stepfather. Pissed my brother off. But what did he expect?

The only half-decent thing he did was to sign the house over to her in lieu of childcare payments. She still had to pay the mortgage (which she already was since he most certainly wasn't) but at least the house was hers.

My brother remarried and is a much better father to the kids from that marriage. Which rankles with my niece because she sees all the love and attention being given to these kids that she never got and still doesn't get.

So, kudos to this gentleman for being a good and caring father.

Reply to this post

Response to Divine Discontent (Reply #5)

Sat Feb 16, 2013, 02:38 PM

33. It's hard to tell from the stories I have been reading.

There might be two sides to this story, still.

Why would a woman leave a stinking rich man with connections amongst high society to marry someone with a questionable private history so quickly? Why would part of her "defense" suggest that the husband is poisoning the children against her?

The ex-husband married again in 2008, so you have to wonder if they'd been leading separate lives before then.

Allegedly, the father (who is insanely wealthy) chanted a profanity at his ex's husband, the former governor, outside the 'family' court. Is that temperate behavior? The father is also the one calling the media and reading the judgment (which is private and sealed) to reporters in an effort to put this story in the paper.

I don't know who is right, or who is wrong, but I am sensing plenty of bad behavior to go around.

Reply to this post

Sat Feb 16, 2013, 08:48 AM

7. Some people are not suitable to be parents.

Better the kids stay with ones that are.

Reply to this post

Response to eilen (Reply #7)

Sat Feb 16, 2013, 04:03 PM

36. Indeed, and there's not necessarily anything wrong with that.

My wife has a good friend who really doesn't like children and never did. Even when she WAS a kid, she'd spend her time reading books or playing with her camera instead of playing with other kids. She never intended to have children when she unintentionally became pregnant by her then-boyfriend. She wanted to abort it, but pressure from her boyfriend, friends (including my wife, sadly) and family convinced her to keep it and "give motherhood a try". Everyone in her family was positive that she'd come around once she held her baby.

Didn't work. When the baby was only a year old, she called a lawyer, signed away all rights to the kid, and walked away. That was six or seven years ago, and she hasn't seen the little boy since. She pays the father child support through the state, admitting that she dug her own hole on that one when she decided to keep it, but has no other role in the kids life at all.

The kid is much better off for it. She simply doesn't have the temperament to be anyones parent...heck, she almost let her dog starve once because she got involved with a work project, didn't come home for a week, and completely forgot about it.

Some people simply aren't wired to be responsible for other living things. She's a brilliant engineer, and a decent friend, but the wiring for "parenthood" just isn't there.

Reply to this post

Sat Feb 16, 2013, 09:12 AM

8. Well, we certainly did hear one side of it. Search Todd Rome and read about him a little bit.

Reply to this post

Response to marble falls (Reply #8)

Sat Feb 16, 2013, 02:21 PM

32. There's PLENTY of SCANDAL to go around, it would seem!!

At least, per one of NYC's major scandal rags, there is. The mother is saying that the ex-husband is, in essence, poisoning the children's minds against her:

Charlie Crist, the ex-governor of Florida, sat in Manhattan Supreme Court Wednesday morning holding his foxy wife Carole’s metallic rolling bag while she stood before a judge battling her ex-husband, Blue Star Jets honcho Todd Rome, over her alleged failure to pay child support in an emotional showdown. Rome — who spies said chanted “big d - - k, big d - - k” at Crist on the court steps after the hearing — has accused Carole of abandoning her children, Jessica, 15, and Skylar, 13. Inside the court, Judge Matthew Cooper said, “I think this is a very interesting legal issue, but why doesn’t the mother want to pay some child support?” a source said. The judge acknowledged a written agreement stating that Carole does not have to pay child support for her daughters if the children live with their father in New York, but added, “I also can’t make her visit her children.” A witness said Rome started to “well up,” crying, “These are my children,” after Carole declined the judge’s suggestion to handle the dispute outside of the courtroom. Carole’s attorney Harold Mayerson accused Rome of manipulating his children by planning to submit a letter from Jessica stating her mother abandoned her and picked Crist over them. The judge wound up rescheduling the hearing for next year because of a technicality. A spy said Rome called out to Crist on the court steps afterward: “Nice going, Charlie. Nice look. Big d - - k! Big d - - k! Be really proud of yourself, Charlie!” Rome’s attorney Mark Heller said, “It was most apparent today that Mrs. Crist’s purported heartless disconnect from both her devastated teenage daughters and her alleged severance of the maternal bond shocked the good conscience of all courtroom observers, and drew genuine tears of pain from my client . . . who begged the court for help.” Carole’s rep didn’t get back to us.

http://www.nypost.com/p/pagesix/tears_in_family_court_Q66hXEz4ZQUxUVlgW4U1SP

Reply to this post

Sat Feb 16, 2013, 09:42 AM

10. Todd Rome is probably angling for a reality show. Everyone has an angle after all.

This is nobody's business anyhow.
Nor is it relevant.

Reply to this post

Sat Feb 16, 2013, 10:10 AM

11. There are two sides to every story

We obviously got Todd Rome's... What kind of father would drag the mother of his children through the mud like this? And for what, to look like the father of the year? The "victim" of a deadbeat mother? And all of this because she is the wife of a politician? Give me a break.

Reply to this post

Sat Feb 16, 2013, 04:43 PM

41. What strikes me here is the

new wife of the father saying in front of the kids (in the car) that their mother doesn't want them. What the expletive? There goes the Romes' credibility imho.

Reply to this post

Sat Feb 16, 2013, 05:02 PM

42. Is this one-sided domestic bs worthy of LBN?

Seriously?

Reply to this post

Sat Feb 16, 2013, 08:04 PM

44. How odd that Mrs. Crist would respond that way.

And she surrounded by attorneys.

Reply to this post

Sun Feb 17, 2013, 01:59 AM

47. This - I'm pretty sure - is the opposite of news. (nt)

Reply to this post

Reply to this thread