HomeLatest ThreadsGreatest ThreadsForums & GroupsMy SubscriptionsMy Posts
DU Home » Latest Threads » Forums & Groups » Main » Latest Breaking News (Forum) » Audio catches cops shouti...
Introducing Discussionist: A new forum by the creators of DU

Wed Feb 13, 2013, 09:03 PM

Audio catches cops shouting ‘Burn this motherf*cker!’ during Dorner siege

Source: Raw Story

Scanner audio apparently broadcast by the Los Angeles CBS affiliate KCAL on Tuesday captured angry officers yelling to “burn this motherfucker” prior to a cabin fire that is thought to have burned the body of fugitive ex-LAPD officer Christopher Dorner.

In a video recording posted to YouTube on Tuesday, the anchor pauses to let the viewer hear the mostly-inaudible scanner traffic.

“Do it right now,” one voice says. “Fucking burn this motherfucker!”

“Police officers, understandably upset,” the anchor explains.

Read more: http://www.rawstory.com/rs/2013/02/13/audio-catches-cops-shouting-burn-this-motherfcker-during-dorner-siege/

The Youtube video is here: http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=cNk-bV40XMc

This news was also covered on The Guardian: http://www.guardian.co.uk/world/video/2013/feb/13/christopher-dorner-police-burn-plan

US media seems to be uninterested, despite the fact that authorities are claiming the fire was unintentional.

This is 1) cruel and unusual punishment prohibited by the Constitution against everyone, including a cop killer, and 2) a cover-up the facts, which is a crime.

91 replies, 8700 views

Reply to this thread

Back to top Alert abuse

Always highlight: 10 newest replies | Replies posted after I mark a forum
Replies to this discussion thread
Arrow 91 replies Author Time Post
Reply Audio catches cops shouting ‘Burn this motherf*cker!’ during Dorner siege (Original post)
Gentle-man Feb 2013 OP
heaven05 Feb 2013 #1
DollarBillHines Feb 2013 #9
heaven05 Feb 2013 #12
DollarBillHines Feb 2013 #15
heaven05 Feb 2013 #16
frylock Feb 2013 #36
geek tragedy Feb 2013 #47
kestrel91316 Feb 2013 #21
ChazII Feb 2013 #25
geek tragedy Feb 2013 #27
kestrel91316 Feb 2013 #39
geek tragedy Feb 2013 #42
heaven05 Feb 2013 #75
Scairp Feb 2013 #80
geek tragedy Feb 2013 #82
heaven05 Feb 2013 #85
geek tragedy Feb 2013 #86
heaven05 Feb 2013 #87
geek tragedy Feb 2013 #88
heaven05 Feb 2013 #89
LineLineLineLineLineReply I
heaven05 Feb 2013 #68
geek tragedy Feb 2013 #69
heaven05 Feb 2013 #72
DollarBillHines Feb 2013 #29
kestrel91316 Feb 2013 #44
2pooped2pop Feb 2013 #55
840high Feb 2013 #43
2pooped2pop Feb 2013 #54
NYC_SKP Feb 2013 #2
Gentle-man Feb 2013 #5
olddad56 Feb 2013 #18
2pooped2pop Feb 2013 #56
Sunlei Feb 2013 #76
BlueJazz Feb 2013 #3
Skip Intro Feb 2013 #4
Gentle-man Feb 2013 #6
BlueJazz Feb 2013 #7
Kelvin Mace Feb 2013 #8
BlueJazz Feb 2013 #10
Kelvin Mace Feb 2013 #31
BlueJazz Feb 2013 #51
2pooped2pop Feb 2013 #57
polly7 Feb 2013 #60
Kelvin Mace Feb 2013 #83
heaven05 Feb 2013 #13
frylock Feb 2013 #37
BlueJazz Feb 2013 #52
Magleetis Feb 2013 #11
heaven05 Feb 2013 #14
CAG Feb 2013 #17
geek tragedy Feb 2013 #20
CAG Feb 2013 #23
geek tragedy Feb 2013 #26
heaven05 Feb 2013 #78
heaven05 Feb 2013 #58
geek tragedy Feb 2013 #79
heaven05 Feb 2013 #81
geek tragedy Feb 2013 #19
heaven05 Feb 2013 #61
geek tragedy Feb 2013 #62
heaven05 Feb 2013 #64
geek tragedy Feb 2013 #65
heaven05 Feb 2013 #66
Cha Feb 2013 #30
geek tragedy Feb 2013 #33
Cha Feb 2013 #40
heaven05 Feb 2013 #67
geek tragedy Feb 2013 #71
heaven05 Feb 2013 #73
heaven05 Feb 2013 #63
Politicalboi Feb 2013 #22
CAG Feb 2013 #24
pam4water Feb 2013 #32
CAG Feb 2013 #34
frylock Feb 2013 #38
CAG Feb 2013 #41
CAG Feb 2013 #46
CAG Feb 2013 #48
geek tragedy Feb 2013 #35
heaven05 Feb 2013 #70
justice1 Feb 2013 #28
truthisfreedom Feb 2013 #45
LineReply .
blkmusclmachine Feb 2013 #49
triplepoint Feb 2013 #50
2pooped2pop Feb 2013 #53
Sunlei Feb 2013 #59
heaven05 Feb 2013 #74
davidthegnome Feb 2013 #77
olegramps Feb 2013 #84
yurbud Feb 2013 #90
octothorpe Feb 2013 #91

Response to Gentle-man (Original post)

Wed Feb 13, 2013, 09:05 PM

1. can't wait

The media is always uninterested if it shows people how the system really is instead of how it is portrayed. The lies of this whole tragic incident is/are(No problem english teacher) sad.

Reply to this post

Back to top Alert abuse Link here Permalink

Response to heaven05 (Reply #1)

Wed Feb 13, 2013, 09:26 PM

9. I see by your ribbon you've been to the Other Side

What would you have done if this fuckstick had been killing your brothers?

I would have gladly roasted him on a spit - but only after ripping his tongue out of his body with a Vice-Grip.

By the way, 'lies' is a plural word and should be modified by 'are', not 'is' - since we are splitting hairs, here.

What would you have done?
DBH

Reply to this post

Response to DollarBillHines (Reply #9)

Wed Feb 13, 2013, 09:39 PM

12. can't wait

In this case, my 'brothers' weren't involved. Your query is meaningless to me. Lies. Lies. Lies. That's all I've heard since I returned from the other side. What a glorious victory for those police officers who deny they intentionally set fire to the cabin. You split hairs, I've been on the receiving end of lies and being set up by this system and while I chose not to retaliate and just retire....it still hurts. All of your holier than thous,........I've been forced to live in the real world and it is ugly. Delusional, no. When you get real world experience, come back and I'll see if I can stomach you. Officer Dorner. RIP My mind and opinion will not waiver from the fact that the system broke this man and maybe some innocents were killed, look at the system not officer dorner. I do not care what you think of me or my opinion about Officer Dorner. Let that be understood without doubt on anyone's part.

Reply to this post

Response to heaven05 (Reply #12)

Wed Feb 13, 2013, 09:52 PM

15. Well, OK

Merry Christmas.

Sleep tight and don't let the bedbugs bite.

"Real world experience"? I got you beat, hands down, dude.

Be sure and look under the bed before you go to sleep.

They are everywhere...

Monsters, I mean.
DollarBill

Reply to this post

Response to DollarBillHines (Reply #15)

Wed Feb 13, 2013, 09:57 PM

16. great

Last edited Thu Feb 14, 2013, 10:40 AM - Edit history (1)

still means zip to me, your 'real world experience, dude. Hands down, I doubt it. Yet everyone is entitled to their own high opinion of themselves, me included. Have a good, life. Monsters? , you've never seen any like mine. And they are everywhere.

Reply to this post

Response to DollarBillHines (Reply #15)

Response to frylock (Reply #36)

Thu Feb 14, 2013, 12:36 AM

47. So you think Dorner's murders are less problematic than someone making snide

remarks at DU.

Another murder apologist outs himself. No wonder you think he got a raw deal--he was an innocent lamb compared to people who say mean things on the Internet.

Reply to this post

Wed Feb 13, 2013, 11:20 PM

21. Two words for you to remember: DUE PROCESS.

If you don't support due process for ALL people in the US, regardless of how horrible a crime they have been accused of, then you are part of the problem.

I hate what he did, but I LOVE my constitution. This is a nation of laws and not of lynch mobs.

Reply to this post

Response to kestrel91316 (Reply #21)

Wed Feb 13, 2013, 11:28 PM

25. Thank you for your cool head

and rational response. Your last two sentences sum up my thoughts on this topic.

We are a nation of laws and what Dorner did was tragic and horrid. Yet he deserved due process.

Reply to this post

Wed Feb 13, 2013, 11:35 PM

27. He wasn't lynched. He committed suicide during an armed confrontation.

What the cops did was perfectly legal.

No one has a due process right to shoot at and kill cops and not have them kill him.

Reply to this post

Response to geek tragedy (Reply #27)

Thu Feb 14, 2013, 12:21 AM

39. I did not say he was lynched. Obviously he was not.

But the comparison to lynching with respect to THE LACK OF DUE PROCESS is completely valid.

I wasn't there and you weren't there. No one has the full story on everything that went on. We do NOT know whether he was given the opportunity to surrender at the cabin. We DO know that no effort was made to hunker down and wait him out.

As to the legality of what the police did - only a court proceeding (civil or criminal) would be able to make that determination. And one very key witness is now dead. So we will never know the full truth. From the videos and coverage I have seen, the gunfire had been stopped for a very long time before the police moved in to tear the walls down. There was no gunfight anymore. There was an apparent standoff.

And the manner of his death has not yet been determined. Suicide is only one possibility. I doubt you have seen proof of that claim with your own eyes yet.

Reply to this post

Response to kestrel91316 (Reply #39)

Thu Feb 14, 2013, 12:27 AM

42. There is no due process right to shoot at cops and them have the,

hunker down and wait for you after you've shot the last guy who asked you to surrender.

He refused to surrender--he shot at those who asked him to. Two cops died because they asked him yo surrender. He had two hours to walk out of that cabin hands on his head.

They were not obligated to risk more lives to persuade him to change his mind.

You have a mistaken fantasy as to what due process allows. It is irrelevant to police stopping an armed gunman from killing again.

While you have that gun in your hand, you have jack squat for due process protection. Due process does not protect people while they violently resist arrest.

Reply to this post

Response to geek tragedy (Reply #42)

Thu Feb 14, 2013, 10:17 AM

75. you

were not there. All this irrational spouting of information with no facts to back them up is VERY laughable. Get a grip kid.

Reply to this post

Response to geek tragedy (Reply #42)

Thu Feb 14, 2013, 10:58 AM

80. Doesn't matter

They had no intention of taking him alive, even if he put down his weapons and offered to surrender. They would have shot him dead. I believe there was a secret shoot-to-kill order given regarding this guy, and I reference the poor civilians who got shot at and rammed into, though they neither drove a vehicle or looked anything like him (two women ages 70 & 47, skinny white guy about 30), but they all nearly died because the cops shot and asked questions later. What I don't get is why the media is letting this slide. The cops involved in both incidents should not only lose their jobs but they should be prosecuted for violating the civil rights of these people and maybe even attempted murder. I still can't figure why they shot at those women is a truck that look absolutely nothing like Dorner's truck. I personally would like to know what the hell they were thinking and what they thought they saw but we'll hear from them when donkey's fly. Dorner got what he asked for, a war with the cops, all cops anywhere, and he also shot down two innocent civilians because one of them was the daughter of HIS lawyer and the poor boyfriend just happened to be there I guess. He was not going to surrender, that much seems clear, but the cops didn't have the right to intentionally burn down the cabin nor shoot without giving him the option of putting down his arms and ending it without more death.

Reply to this post

Response to Scairp (Reply #80)

Thu Feb 14, 2013, 11:13 AM

82. Well, which is it?.

If it was clear he wasn't going to surrender, how can you possibly know that if he had shown up at a church or McDonalds unarmed and told the media "here I am, come cover my arrest" that they would have killed him?

You're making assumptions about the intent of the police. Not citing facts, making assumptions.

The cops who shot those innocent civilians up should certainly face a criminal investigation.

Reply to this post

Response to geek tragedy (Reply #82)

Thu Feb 14, 2013, 01:10 PM

85. hmmmm

I wonder. Are you sorry you couldn't have been at that cabin with your 'burner'? Just a question. As far as those cops shooting at individuals with no resemblance to Dorner. Investigation??????????????????????!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!They should be without a job TODAY!!!!

Reply to this post

Response to heaven05 (Reply #85)

Thu Feb 14, 2013, 01:33 PM

86. Public employees have due process rights as well as those secured through the

collective bargaining process.

Reply to this post

Response to geek tragedy (Reply #86)

Thu Feb 14, 2013, 02:33 PM

87. ???????

you are a real, piece of work.

Reply to this post

Response to heaven05 (Reply #87)

Thu Feb 14, 2013, 02:42 PM

88. You apparently know nothing about the basics of collective bargaining

and unions.

Reply to this post

Response to geek tragedy (Reply #88)

Thu Feb 14, 2013, 02:47 PM

89. right

but I forget sandblasted brains are problematic...and you apparently think you know something when you don't. Last comment to you. bye end of discussion with you. Hope you learned something today, otherwise, not a lot of hope. good luck.

Reply to this post

Response to geek tragedy (Reply #27)

Thu Feb 14, 2013, 09:53 AM

68. I

am old enough to remember lynching in the south and elsewhere in our glorious nation of states. This was a lynching he might have deserved because of his murderous rage, but a lynching nonetheless. Get a grip on reality kid.

Reply to this post

Response to heaven05 (Reply #68)

Thu Feb 14, 2013, 09:57 AM

69. How many KKK-lynching victims were guilty of multiple homicides and were armed

when they were strung up?

Your piss on the memory of such people by comparing their martyrdom to Chris Dorner getting his own stupid ass shot.

Reply to this post

Response to geek tragedy (Reply #69)

Thu Feb 14, 2013, 10:01 AM

72. get a grip!!!!!!!!!!

get your head out the sand with these asinine rationalizations of lynching. It's laughable what you're doing, sad but laughable.

Reply to this post

Wed Feb 13, 2013, 11:51 PM

29. So, what would you wish on someone who had wiped out your family?

Let's just say some idiot just kicked in the door and killed everyone who was near to you.

And then they hid out in the doghouse.

What would you do?

Forgive them and wait for a plea-bargain?

Tell me, please...
DBH

Reply to this post

Response to DollarBillHines (Reply #29)

Thu Feb 14, 2013, 12:32 AM

44. My family is all dead except for one person. I see no need to

engage in silly speculation about something which CANNOT happen, lol. But thank you for reminding me about all my family tragedies.

I am talking about the real world, here and now. This is a nation of laws. Our Constitution says that no person may be deprived of life or liberty without due process. There are serious questions about this and many other similar cases, and sometimes we find out after the fact that a suspect was denied due process and wound up dead.

The two women in the truck and the surfer were all certainly denied due process and are all lucky to have lived to tell about it.

I am NOT going to cheer the cops on about this and celebrate the death of an "evildoer". There are too many questions in my mind about HIM (how severe was the mental problem he obviously had, given that he thought he could clear his name even after he had killed in cold blood), about the LE agencies involved and especially LAPD, and about the exact sequence of events.

No, I don't have some silly conspiracy theory. I just hate to think that ANY person, even if they have committed a crime or three, is denied due process because of personal enmity on the part of unprofessional LEO's. I have a concern that this case fits that description.

Reply to this post

Response to DollarBillHines (Reply #29)

Thu Feb 14, 2013, 08:46 AM

55. what someone would do and what the police are required to do

are not the same.

Reply to this post

Thu Feb 14, 2013, 12:30 AM

43. Thank you.

Reply to this post

Thu Feb 14, 2013, 08:37 AM

54. what would the police have done if it was your brother being killed

instead of them?

In response to:
What would you have done if this fuckstick had been killing your brothers?

There would not have been this massive a manhunt. And the perp probably would not have been toasted to keep him from trial.

Unfortunately I can't say that innocent people would not have been shot by the police as apparently this is perhaps part of their norm.

and you wrote:
By the way, 'lies' is a plural word and should be modified by 'are', not 'is' - since we are splitting hairs, here.

Glad to see you get to the really important stuff-grading papers.

Reply to this post

Wed Feb 13, 2013, 09:11 PM

2. Not the first time law enforcement agencies have burned down occupied buildings.

Thankfully, in this instance, no kids were murdered.

Reply to this post

Response to NYC_SKP (Reply #2)

Wed Feb 13, 2013, 09:14 PM

5. Is it the first time they lie about having burning it down unintentionally?

Or second time? third?

Reply to this post

Response to Gentle-man (Reply #5)

Wed Feb 13, 2013, 11:13 PM

18. maybe the first time that day.

Reply to this post

Thu Feb 14, 2013, 08:49 AM

56. +1000

but even if there were, we would be lied to and they would go unpunished.

Reply to this post

Thu Feb 14, 2013, 10:21 AM

76. yes, I remember when those cops sent a tank to bash in the wall** they knew** candles and lamps were

And they knew there were many children in that house.

That current house is burned down, how do we know it was empty untill they sift through the ashes.?

Reply to this post

Wed Feb 13, 2013, 09:11 PM

3. I'm against the death penalty, but I stand with the Cops.

Reply to this post

Response to BlueJazz (Reply #3)

Wed Feb 13, 2013, 09:13 PM

4. +100. nt

Reply to this post

Wed Feb 13, 2013, 09:16 PM

6. You stand with the cops doing something they deny doing?

Interesting. Looks like the thing you stand for is so controversial the cops don't even admit doing it.

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/worldnews/northamerica/usa/9869372/Christopher-Dorner-police-deny-intentionally-burning-down-cabin.html

Reply to this post

Response to Gentle-man (Reply #6)

Wed Feb 13, 2013, 09:21 PM

7. Yes, it is interesting.

Reply to this post

Wed Feb 13, 2013, 09:23 PM

8. Huh?

Not enough extra-judicial killings in America these days?

You can't start a sentence "I'm against the death penalty, but..." and still be considered anti-death penalty by the end of the sentence.

Also, I don't think the cops would have been so trigger happy and eager to "burn" the mofo, if the mofo in question had been white.

Reply to this post

Response to Kelvin Mace (Reply #8)

Wed Feb 13, 2013, 09:32 PM

10. I can be against the death penalty but might kill if tremendous danger is imminent

This person killed police...said his duty was to kill police and did kill that day (hour?)
I can understand their feelings.

Reply to this post

Response to BlueJazz (Reply #10)

Thu Feb 14, 2013, 12:00 AM

31. Killing in self-defense is one thing

Vengeance killing another thing entirely.

The police have a specific obligation to NOT allow their feelings to cloud their judgement. When they do, public confidence in them goes down.

When I give someone a badge, a gun, and the power of life and death over me, I expect better.

Reply to this post

Response to Kelvin Mace (Reply #31)

Thu Feb 14, 2013, 08:16 AM

51. I understand your points and I agree. I'm just not sure that they did not think their..

..lives were in danger at the time.
If the former-policeman had not purposely murdered a cop that very day maybe the feelings and outcome would have been different.
Understand, I'm certainly not 100 % sure of my views on this scenario. I'm just leaning toward the officers on this one.

Reply to this post

Response to BlueJazz (Reply #51)

Thu Feb 14, 2013, 08:53 AM

57. He was in the basement when they set it on fire

was he shooting from basement windows? I don't know. But if there are no basement windows facing the front, then no. He was not shooting at the time they toasted him.

Reply to this post

Thu Feb 14, 2013, 09:31 AM

60. I believe there was quite a time lapse in between the last shots I heard

and when the fire started. Though I could be wrong, and maybe the feed just went silent. I the audio on while doing books so only paid attention when I heard something happening.

Reply to this post

Thu Feb 14, 2013, 11:37 AM

83. The problem is

given the behavior of the LAPD in this matter (they shot three people who they "thought" were Dorner) and the message of the radio makes it crystal clear they never intended to take him alive.

Reply to this post

Response to Kelvin Mace (Reply #8)

Wed Feb 13, 2013, 09:42 PM

13. +10000

Reply to this post

Thu Feb 14, 2013, 12:16 AM

37. so you're against due process. so was dorner.

gaze into that abyss.

Reply to this post

Response to frylock (Reply #37)

Thu Feb 14, 2013, 08:30 AM

52. I don't think the scenario was that simplistic. If we judge what the policemen did at the time...

...without knowing the danger or even the feelings of danger of the officers then we're going against the due process ourselves.

As I said in another post, I'm certainly not sure of my own feelings regarding this case. They could very well change with more information.

Reply to this post

Wed Feb 13, 2013, 09:33 PM

11. I think the cops

were scared to death of this guy.

Reply to this post

Response to Magleetis (Reply #11)

Wed Feb 13, 2013, 09:43 PM

14. they

were very afraid. Sphincter factor of ten.

Reply to this post

Response to heaven05 (Reply #14)

Wed Feb 13, 2013, 10:27 PM

17. I tend to not make fun of people who are protecting and defending the community, who at any moment

as part of their job could be shot at, and whose colleague had just been mown down by this murderer.

Reply to this post

Response to CAG (Reply #17)

Response to geek tragedy (Reply #20)

Wed Feb 13, 2013, 11:22 PM

23. Wonder if heaven05 is also laughing about the possibility of the

victims of this murderer being scared before each of them were shot, too?

Reply to this post

Response to CAG (Reply #23)

Wed Feb 13, 2013, 11:32 PM

26. Probably. nt

Reply to this post

Response to geek tragedy (Reply #20)

Thu Feb 14, 2013, 10:35 AM

78. and

discussing anything with you is like talking to a Limbaughnista, poxnews addict, ect.

Reply to this post

Response to CAG (Reply #17)

Thu Feb 14, 2013, 09:20 AM

58. ohhh

and I don't feel for people who are part of a VERY corrupt system and do nothing about it. Please. I respect cops if they police themselves, also.

Reply to this post

Response to heaven05 (Reply #58)

Thu Feb 14, 2013, 10:57 AM

79. You respect cops if they shoot the children of other cops. nt

Reply to this post

Response to geek tragedy (Reply #79)

Thu Feb 14, 2013, 11:05 AM

81. oh please!!!!!!

get a grip, you're irrational in your responses. Sand on the brain?

Reply to this post

Wed Feb 13, 2013, 11:16 PM

19. Look Dorner's# 1 fan thinks public employees suffering PTSD is funny. nt

Reply to this post

Response to geek tragedy (Reply #19)

Thu Feb 14, 2013, 09:33 AM

61. yep

I'm one who knows how corrupt the system is, tried to change it myself. In Officer Dorners case the union, his advocates, accusers and perpetrators of this tragedy all lacked integrity and so far, after all these years have escaped justice. On reflection after a good nights sleep, he shouldn't have done what he did, threaten who he did, but yes I understand his frustration and shame. If that makes me a #1 fan, then so be it, I'm not ashamed to be that. Wish he had given up and told his story, maybe, big maybe, LAPD would change. But Ramparts and Rodney King and all the stories I get from residents of that area tell me, FAT CHANCE! PTSD because of war trauma I never make fun of, but racist cowards who because of their wrongdoing having PTSD, I have no sympathy for. Yep call me a fan.

Reply to this post

Response to heaven05 (Reply #61)

Thu Feb 14, 2013, 09:36 AM

62. You're no different than the Charlie Manson groupies. Or the Holmies. nt

Reply to this post

Response to geek tragedy (Reply #62)

Thu Feb 14, 2013, 09:38 AM

64. whatever

your opinion is yours and wholly dismissed by me. Manson, Holmies, get a grip.

Reply to this post

Response to heaven05 (Reply #64)

Thu Feb 14, 2013, 09:42 AM

65. I'm not the one who's a fan of a filthy murdering piece of evil who got

his own brand of justice in that cabin. Dorner wasn't Emmett Till, he was the guys who killed Emmett Till.

Reply to this post

Response to geek tragedy (Reply #65)

Thu Feb 14, 2013, 09:47 AM

66. whatever geek

have a good life with your head stuck in the sand. bye!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Reply to this post

30. What's so fucking funny?

Reply to this post

Response to Cha (Reply #30)

Thu Feb 14, 2013, 12:07 AM

33. See this post:

unlike you we have sympathy for someone who had character and integrity who tried to expose corruption and racism in the LAPD and died for it

Heaven05 supports murder.

Reply to this post

Response to geek tragedy (Reply #33)

Thu Feb 14, 2013, 12:23 AM

40. unreal

cognitive disconnect.

Reply to this post

Response to geek tragedy (Reply #33)

Thu Feb 14, 2013, 09:50 AM

67. and YOU

support corruption and evil. No different from me.

Reply to this post

Response to heaven05 (Reply #67)

Thu Feb 14, 2013, 10:01 AM

71. No, I just oppose murder and don't have murderering pigs as my hero. nt

Reply to this post

Response to geek tragedy (Reply #71)

Thu Feb 14, 2013, 10:03 AM

73. who????

the police????? what in heavens name are you talking about??????? make some sense, why dontcha.

Reply to this post

Response to Cha (Reply #30)

Thu Feb 14, 2013, 09:36 AM

63. !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

sphincter factors of wrongdoing authorities, and I will laugh at their fear because of their wrong doing as long as I have memory of this travesty.

Reply to this post

Wed Feb 13, 2013, 11:20 PM

22. Tonight on the radio

I heard the LAPD say they didn't burn down the cabin on purpose. Already lying. I'm not defending the murderer, I'm pointing out the lies to follow.

Reply to this post

Response to Politicalboi (Reply #22)

Wed Feb 13, 2013, 11:27 PM

24. LAPD could tell a million lies between now and 2015 about this case,

doesn't change the fact that this murderer of innocent victims with families had ample opportunity to turn himself in, doesn't change the evidence that he was going to try to make more widows/widowers/orphans of the police who decided to show up for work that day.

Reply to this post

Response to CAG (Reply #24)

32. So you point is one bad deed justifies another?

Reply to this post

Response to pam4water (Reply #32)

Thu Feb 14, 2013, 12:07 AM

34. Nope.

Reply to this post

Response to CAG (Reply #34)

Thu Feb 14, 2013, 12:18 AM

38. you did. it's right there for all to see.

Reply to this post

Response to frylock (Reply #38)

Thu Feb 14, 2013, 12:27 AM

41. I said "it doesn't change the fact", nothing about justification. I can't

help if people want to extrapolate for their own purpose.

Reply to this post

Thu Feb 14, 2013, 12:36 AM

46. ...waiting for any more false accusations of things I didn't say...

Reply to this post

Thu Feb 14, 2013, 12:47 AM

48. Ok its been 20 minutes...no more false accusation attempts. I thank you, and good night.

Reply to this post

Thu Feb 14, 2013, 12:08 AM

35. Using tear gas wasn't a bad deed. It succeeded in ending the standoff without injury

to anyone but the guy who wanted to die.

Reply to this post

Thu Feb 14, 2013, 09:58 AM

70. yep

+1000

Reply to this post

Wed Feb 13, 2013, 11:40 PM

28. Haven't followed the story closely, but it's possible.

Several years ago, I received permission for my half-sister, whom I hadn't seen in years, and her boyfriend to stay at my mother-in-laws house, while she was out of the country. One night the swat team was called in after her boyfriend freaked out. They warned me the place could burn down. Luckily, he was apprehended without incident, but he was diagnosed as schizophrenic after that.

Reply to this post

Thu Feb 14, 2013, 12:32 AM

45. They're idiots for purposefully starting the fire AND yelling out that they were doing it.

If they would have simply sent in the tear gas rounds and NOT screamed all of the things they screamed, they could have had their way and not been stuck in this tenuous situation. I personally don't give a crap what cops do to other cops or former cops if some sort of justice seems to be served. This is not a typical situation. If this had been a non-cop who hadn't attacked cops being burned to death, I'd have a strongly different opinion, but Dorner sealed his fate with his damning manifesto and his attacks on the police.

There's one more thing to think about here. Dorner probably had a chance to walk out with his hands in the air, but he didn't make that choice.

I have a feeling that all of this attention being placed on tear gas rounds that can start fires is going to change police policy all over the country with regard to what can and can not be done when dealing with a suspect inside a home. Obviously the tear gas rounds that cause fires are designed to cause fires, and up until now, that has not been known to the general public.

Reply to this post

Thu Feb 14, 2013, 01:06 AM

49. .

Reply to this post

Thu Feb 14, 2013, 03:17 AM

50. Why Do "They" ALWAYS Burn the Bldg. & Then Deny It?

Last edited Thu Feb 14, 2013, 08:08 PM - Edit history (3)

They've admitted to using a pyrotechnic that set the cabin on fire. Then they deny burning the goddamn thing down. Wowzer! Same thing happened in Waco, Texas with the David Koresh cult shoot-out. We live in an ongoing real-life version of the movie, "idiocracy."

Reply to this post

Thu Feb 14, 2013, 08:32 AM

53. they denied doing it on purpose

so there. You have their word. End of story.

Oh yeah

Even if they want to pretend it wasn't intentional with some of them yelling "burn the mother fucker" and something like "do it, you know....what we talked about" And throwing in 6 or 8 burners. Even if those devices are for smoke, when you call them burners you are admitting that they cause fires.

Cough cough, waco, cough cough.

Nothing to see here.

Reply to this post

Thu Feb 14, 2013, 09:27 AM

59. some police are like a lynch mob, no interest to bring a person to justice or protect the citizens.

He could have had hostages in that house. There was no reason to tear down the walls and burn that house. No reason for police to shoot blindly!!! at that house either, that is a populated area.

Our police departments are out of control!!

Reply to this post

Response to Sunlei (Reply #59)

Thu Feb 14, 2013, 10:07 AM

74. +10000

Reply to this post

Thu Feb 14, 2013, 10:34 AM

77. Hmm...

Provided that the evidence pans out and proves that this guy is the sort of killer he's been accused of being... I can't see the point of outrage about this. Anyone might have shouted the same sort of thing when confronting someone they despised. Is it harsh? Yes. It's not intended to be otherwise. Nor should it be in such cases.

Reply to this post

Thu Feb 14, 2013, 11:44 AM

84. That some people have little sympathy for the police is understandable.

Unfortunately, the numerous cases of police brutality that have not been properly investigated and have not resulted in the police being held accountable has turned many citizens against the police. These cases are not rare, but increasingly they being exposed almost daily from rural communities to major urban centers.

It appears that Dorner was both a victim of a corrupt system and totally without moral justification for his blind retaliation. However, the police have brought this upon their own self. While I am confident that the vast majority of police are not guilty of abusing their position, the same majority have consistently cooperated in protecting the guilty by their refusal to hold them accountable. The Blue Wall Silence must be taken down if they ever wish to regain the universal respect of their fellow citizens.

I can only hope that they didn't burn down the building in a fit of rage since that only compounds the horror of this madness. I just don't know who to trust. The MSM appears to be compromised to the extent that the so-called journalists have lost their ability to objectively report the facts. Commissions that are appointed to investigate cases of misconduct of public officials appear to be as unworthy of trust as those they are charged with investigating. Perhaps I am being too pessimistic, but when our elected representatives' from local government to national assemblies only concern is getting reelected rather than making difficult decisions on major issues then I am not in the least reassured of the future of the nation.

Reply to this post

Thu Feb 14, 2013, 06:46 PM

90. I heard this on the radio. Unless Dorner was about to surrender, it's a defensible option

Reply to this post

Thu Feb 14, 2013, 07:18 PM

91. If they are denying doing it on purpose, then they must think they did something wrong...

At least I'd think so.

Ignoring great possibility that they are lying, I'm not sure how I feel about it. Let's say during the shootout they shot and killed him, wouldn't that be about the same thing? Had they stormed the place, chances are it would have ended up with him just as dead. So, unless he was about to surrender, the end result isn't much difference.

I'm interested to find out what's motivating them to lie about it (I accept the possibility that they are not lying, but the audio is kinda damning)

Reply to this post

Reply to this thread