HomeLatest ThreadsGreatest ThreadsForums & GroupsMy SubscriptionsMy Posts
DU Home » Latest Threads » Forums & Groups » Main » Latest Breaking News (Forum) » U.N. condemns "clear...
Introducing Discussionist: A new forum by the creators of DU

Tue Feb 12, 2013, 04:49 PM

U.N. condemns "clear threat" from North Korea after nuclear test

Source: CBS News

The U.N. Security Council is strongly condemning North Korea's nuclear test and pledging further action.

A press statement approved by all 15 council members at an emergency meeting Tuesday morning says the test poses "a clear threat to international peace and security."

The council points out that in a resolution it approved unanimously last month stepping up sanctions for North Korea's missile test in December it promised to take "significant action" in the event of a new nuclear test.

"In line with this commitment and the gravity of this violation, the members of the Security Council will begin work immediately on appropriate measures in a Security Council resolution," the council says.

Read more: http://www.cbsnews.com/8301-202_162-57568927/u.n-condemns-clear-threat-from-north-korea-after-nuclear-test/

U.S. Ambassador to the U.N. Susan Rice is already talking about tightening sanctions on North Korea.

3 replies, 1083 views

Reply to this thread

Back to top Alert abuse

Always highlight: 10 newest replies | Replies posted after I mark a forum
Replies to this discussion thread
Arrow 3 replies Author Time Post
Reply U.N. condemns "clear threat" from North Korea after nuclear test (Original post)
LongTomH Feb 2013 OP
rachel1 Feb 2013 #1
Prog_gun_owner Feb 2013 #2
davidpdx Feb 2013 #3

Response to LongTomH (Original post)

Tue Feb 12, 2013, 08:37 PM

1. More fearmongering by some illogical megalomaniacs

I suppose the Iraq war dilemma wasn't enough to learn from.

Reply to this post

Back to top Alert abuse Link here Permalink

Response to rachel1 (Reply #1)

Wed Feb 13, 2013, 05:57 AM

2. Iraq wasn't testing nukes.

apples/oranges

E.T.A.

Bush decided to go into Iraq with out U.N. backing if I recall correctly.

Reply to this post

Response to LongTomH (Original post)

Wed Feb 13, 2013, 08:42 AM

3. We need to be doing more to help the people of North Korea

and to bring down the regime (and I'm not talking about war). I'm skeptical it will happen because China will block it and sometime in the Middle East will end up taking up the focus again.

Reply to this post

Reply to this thread