HomeLatest ThreadsGreatest ThreadsForums & GroupsMy SubscriptionsMy Posts
DU Home » Latest Threads » Forums & Groups » Main » Latest Breaking News (Forum) » Armstrong in Discussion t...
Introducing Discussionist: A new forum by the creators of DU

Wed Feb 6, 2013, 11:56 PM

Armstrong in Discussion to Tell Details to Doping Officials

Source: NYT

Less than one month after confessing to using performance-enhancing drugs throughout his career, Lance Armstrong is in talks with the United States Anti-Doping Agency to possibly disclose who helped him dope and how he covered up his doping for nearly a decade.

Armstrong, who has been barred from Olympic sports for life, wants to reveal those details to have his competition ban reduced to eight years, said several people briefed on the negotiations. Those people did not want their names used because the discussions were continuing.

The antidoping agency had told Armstrong that it would make his lifetime ban permanent if he did not come forward by Wednesday with substantial information about his doping program. But it said Wednesday that it had given him a two-week extension.

“We have been in communication with Mr. Armstrong and his representatives, and we understand that he does want to be part of the solution and assist in the effort to clean up the sport of cycling,” Travis Tygart, chief executive of the agency, said in a statement. He added that the extra time would give the agency and Armstrong a chance to “work on the details” of their possible discussions about Armstrong’s doping past.

Read more: http://www.nytimes.com/2013/02/07/sports/cycling/lance-armstrong-considers-giving-details-to-doping-officials.html

8 replies, 1322 views

Reply to this thread

Back to top Alert abuse

Always highlight: 10 newest replies | Replies posted after I mark a forum
Replies to this discussion thread
Arrow 8 replies Author Time Post
Reply Armstrong in Discussion to Tell Details to Doping Officials (Original post)
alp227 Feb 2013 OP
jsr Feb 2013 #1
MADem Feb 2013 #2
alfredo Feb 2013 #3
MADem Feb 2013 #5
DollarBillHines Feb 2013 #7
MADem Feb 2013 #8
rhett o rick Feb 2013 #4
DollarBillHines Feb 2013 #6

Response to alp227 (Original post)

Thu Feb 7, 2013, 12:00 AM

1. He should forfeit his ill-gotten wealth

Reply to this post

Back to top Alert abuse Link here Permalink

Thu Feb 7, 2013, 12:31 AM

2. He's a cheat. Toss him in the clink and make him give back the cash to the Post Office that

sponsored his prevaricating ass.

They can use it to help with their many debts.

Reply to this post

Response to MADem (Reply #2)

Thu Feb 7, 2013, 12:37 AM

3. He tried to give it back, but they said no.

Reply to this post

Response to alfredo (Reply #3)

Thu Feb 7, 2013, 12:44 AM

5. Oh no, no.....he tried to give back a tiny percentage of what they gave him, and he wanted to act

like they were square. They gave him over thirty million, he wanted to give them back five million and call it even.

I think they should sue his ass and take every cent he has. He can go work in a bike shop, selling and repairing bikes--he knows a little about that...after he gets outta jail. He's a bum.

Reply to this post

Response to MADem (Reply #5)

Thu Feb 7, 2013, 12:55 AM

7. Fuck him, he is a pompous ass

I know him.

I wish I could go into detail, but in the brief time that I have been here I do not wish to expose myself.

Reply to this post

Response to DollarBillHines (Reply #7)

Thu Feb 7, 2013, 10:01 AM

8. He certainly comes across that way to me.

Entitled and arrogant--and that's when he's trying to be contrite.

I think he didn't do a very good job with his life. He chased after all the wrong things, and it looks like he's still doing that.

Reply to this post

Thu Feb 7, 2013, 12:41 AM

4. This is a distraction. We desperately need to fix our broken election system before 2014. nm

Reply to this post

Thu Feb 7, 2013, 12:49 AM

6. Fuck that shit-heel

Lance, Levi, George and the rest of them.

They juiced a boring sport (Lance, winning all of those TDFs) and romanticized it.

Our little town spent more than $200K to establish bike lanes that nobody uses.

I say we let Lance auction whatever is left of his testicles to pay for them.

Reply to this post

Reply to this thread