HomeLatest ThreadsGreatest ThreadsForums & GroupsMy SubscriptionsMy Posts
DU Home » Latest Threads » Forums & Groups » Main » Latest Breaking News (Forum) » Shell India accused of ta...
Introducing Discussionist: A new forum by the creators of DU

Sat Feb 2, 2013, 05:26 PM

Shell India accused of tax evasion

Source: Mint

The Indian arm of Royal Dutch Shell Plc , Shell India Pvt. Ltd, has been accused by the income-tax (I-T) authorities of underpricing an intragroup share transfer by Rs. 15,000 crore and consequently evading taxes, said a person familiar with the development.

Following the notice, which is one of the biggest transfer pricing orders by the I-T department, Shell India plans to challenge the assessment, added the same person, who did not want to be identified.

A spokesperson for the India arm confirmed receipt of the notice from the tax department.

A Shell India spokesperson said in an emailed response: “Shell India tax experts have indeed been in discussions with the Indian tax authorities on this issue over the past week and do not agree with their views. The tax officer has now made an assessment and passed an order. We will review the order and initiate consequent appropriate actions.”

Read more: http://www.livemint.com/Companies/VzRIkNIEGaV3Gbd5MdhdNL/IT-department-alleges-under-pricing-of-15000-cr-by-Shell.html

Crore = 10,000,000. Shell may owe ~150 billion rupees (US$2.8 billion) per the WSJ.

2 replies, 1443 views

Reply to this thread

Back to top Alert abuse

Always highlight: 10 newest replies | Replies posted after I mark a forum
Replies to this discussion thread
Arrow 2 replies Author Time Post
Reply Shell India accused of tax evasion (Original post)
alp227 Feb 2013 OP
pscot Feb 2013 #1
SharonAnn Feb 2013 #2

Response to alp227 (Original post)

Sat Feb 2, 2013, 05:55 PM

1. Somehow I knew

that this had nothing to do with the IRS.

Reply to this post

Back to top Alert abuse Link here Permalink

Response to alp227 (Original post)

Sun Feb 3, 2013, 01:26 AM

2. An oil company accused of chicanery? And in a foreign country? How could that be?

Reply to this post

Back to top Alert abuse Link here Permalink

Reply to this thread