HomeLatest ThreadsGreatest ThreadsForums & GroupsMy SubscriptionsMy Posts
DU Home » Latest Threads » Forums & Groups » Main » Latest Breaking News (Forum) » Update: Inaugural officia...
Introducing Discussionist: A new forum by the creators of DU

Thu Jan 24, 2013, 11:52 AM

Update: Inaugural official says Beyoncé ‘did not sing live’

This discussion thread was locked as off-topic by OKNancy (a host of the Latest Breaking News forum).

Source: CNN

Washington (CNN) - An inaugural official who asked not to be identified told CNN Wednesday that pop star Beyoncé lip-synced her performance on Inauguration Day.

"She did not sing live," the official told CNN. A pre-recording of the artist's rendition of the National Anthem was played instead. What was heard by spectators and viewers was the sound of that recording, according to the official.

The official said Beyoncé made the decision herself the night before Inauguration Day.

Beyoncé arrived so late Sunday night she did not have time to rehearse with the U.S. Marine Band, which was asked to accompany the pop star's performance, according to the inauguration official.

Read more: http://politicalticker.blogs.cnn.com/2013/01/23/update-inaugural-official-says-beyonce-did-not-sing-live/

A significantly lower number of us would believe that a lip-syncing issue is unimportant, had the singer been a conservative at the inauguration of a Republican President. Agree or disagree with my psychological hypothesis?

2 replies, 390 views

Cannot reply in locked threads

Back to top Alert abuse

Always highlight: 10 newest replies | Replies posted after I mark a forum
Replies to this discussion thread
Arrow 2 replies Author Time Post
Reply Update: Inaugural official says Beyoncé ‘did not sing live’ (Original post)
Special Agent Oso Jan 2013 OP
La Lioness Priyanka Jan 2013 #1
OKNancy Jan 2013 #2

Response to Special Agent Oso (Original post)

Thu Jan 24, 2013, 11:55 AM

1. i dont care regardless. it was her voice and it sounded beautiful

and she can sing, so whatever her reason was, i respect it. i really dont see the big deal at all

Back to top Alert abuse Link here Permalink

Response to Special Agent Oso (Original post)

Thu Jan 24, 2013, 11:55 AM

2. locking

not news of national interest, and despite the date on CNN, this news is OLD

Back to top Alert abuse Link here Permalink