HomeLatest ThreadsGreatest ThreadsForums & GroupsMy SubscriptionsMy Posts
DU Home » Latest Threads » Forums & Groups » Main » Latest Breaking News (Forum) » Idaho firm recalls fully ...

Sat Jan 19, 2013, 09:11 PM

Idaho firm recalls fully cooked meat and poultry products due to potential Listeria contamination

Source: Newsnet5

Posted: 01/19/2013

The Idaho firm LJD Holdings, Inc., doing business as B and D Foods, a Boise, Idaho establishment, is recalling approximately 33,500 pounds of fully cooked meat and poultry products due to possible contamination with Listeria monocytogenes.

According to B and D Foods website , "B and D Foods was founded in 1972 to supply its Signature Finger Steak to a chain of fast food restaurants. Since 1972 the company has grown and expanded to include several size and batter varieties of Finger Steaks, Pork Nuggets, and a variety of chicken products."

The products subject to recall include:

10-lb. boxes, containing 2, 5-lb bags of “ROYAL “THE TEMPURA KING” ROYAL TEMPURA CHICKEN, Fully Cooked Tempura Chicken Breast,” bearing an identifying code of “A-4615.” This product was distributed to foodservice and/or institutional customers in California, Colorado, Idaho, Oregon, Utah and Washington.
10-lb. boxes, containing 2, 5-lb bags of “BLINGS! CHICKEN BREAST WITH PARMESAN FLAVORING,” bearing an identifying code of “A-4844.” This product was distributed to foodservice and/or institutional customers in Idaho and Montana.
10-lb. boxes, containing 2, 5-lb bags of “STEAKHOUSE TEMPURA SEASONED BEEF & BINDER STRIPS,” bearing an identifying code of “A-1070-10.” This product was distributed to foodservice and/or institutional customers in Idaho and Montana.
30-lb. boxes of “KETTLE COOKED CHICKEN BREAST PIECES,” bearing an identifying code of “A-3900.” This product was distributed to an industrial customer in Ohio.
30-lb. boxes of “FULLY COOKED PORK STRIPS,” bearing an identifying code of “A-3025-30.” This product was distributed to an industrial customer in Arizona and California.

The products subject to recall bear the establishment number “EST. 6266” or “Est. P-6266” inside the USDA mark of inspection, as well as an identifying case code of “110622.” The products were produced on Dec. 6, 2012, and distributed to foodservice and institutional customers, as well as an industrial customer in the distribution areas noted above.

Read more: http://www.newsnet5.com/dpp/money/consumer/recalls/idaho-firm-recalls-fully-cooked-meat-and-poultry-products-due-to-potential-listeria-contamination

11 replies, 3011 views

Reply to this thread

Back to top Alert abuse

Always highlight: 10 newest replies | Replies posted after I mark a forum
Replies to this discussion thread
Arrow 11 replies Author Time Post
Reply Idaho firm recalls fully cooked meat and poultry products due to potential Listeria contamination (Original post)
OhioChick Jan 2013 OP
2pooped2pop Jan 2013 #1
2naSalit Jan 2013 #2
Gore1FL Jan 2013 #9
PSPS Jan 2013 #3
Sunlei Jan 2013 #4
SheilaT Jan 2013 #5
alfredo Jan 2013 #6
Berlum Jan 2013 #7
WinkyDink Jan 2013 #8
cilla4progress Jan 2013 #10
Brickbat Jan 2013 #11

Response to OhioChick (Original post)

Sat Jan 19, 2013, 09:15 PM

1. Obviously we need to lessen the regulations on the company's

that produce our foods.

Reply to this post

Back to top Alert abuse Link here Permalink

Response to 2pooped2pop (Reply #1)

Sat Jan 19, 2013, 09:49 PM

2. and eliminate the

regulatory agencies who inspect them... or at least strip them of funding

Reply to this post

Response to 2pooped2pop (Reply #1)

Sun Jan 20, 2013, 08:49 AM

9. More guns in the slaugterhouse would prevent this a sort of thing n/t

Reply to this post

Sat Jan 19, 2013, 10:13 PM

3. Eight states in danger this time, thanks to factory farming

I guess they don't have any "meat and poultry" in Arizona, California, Colorado, Montana, Ohio, Oregon, Utah and Washington. So they must buy what they need from that company with the moniker that brings to mind vistas of grass fields, electric fences, silos and tractors: "LJD Holdings, Inc., doing business as B and D Foods."

Reply to this post

Sat Jan 19, 2013, 10:40 PM

4. , enough,I'm never going to buy or eat the cheap 'meat' w binder/slime filler again.

quality control is nill on these foods, who makes the filler/protein slimes?

It would be less expensive and healthier. to buy the whole cuts of meat, grind it or nugget it yourself and stretch it with breadcrumbs/cornbread/spices.

Reply to this post

Sat Jan 19, 2013, 11:10 PM

5. While this shouldn't be happening -- we should have strong enough

regulations and good inspections, I've long been wary of pre-cooked items like this. I do realize that the products here are being sold to institutional customers, which must mean restaurants and schools and I'm not sure what else.

Alas, this sort of thing isn't as new as we wish it were. I'm remembering recalls of packaged hamburger patties a decade or more ago.

This is why I more and more cook everything for myself.

Reply to this post

Sun Jan 20, 2013, 01:09 AM

6. Institutional could mean schools.

Reply to this post

Sun Jan 20, 2013, 06:47 AM

7. B & D Foods? WTF? You can't make this shit up.

Reply to this post

Sun Jan 20, 2013, 07:53 AM

8. Feed'em to Ann Romney: "people [need] to understand: One is to get rid of regulation;"

Reply to this post

Sun Jan 20, 2013, 11:50 AM

10. Gee sure hope my RWNJ nephew and family

in Idaho heed the government agencies warnings and stay safe.

Oh yeah, right..

Reply to this post

Sun Jan 20, 2013, 12:15 PM

11. BLINGS!

Reply to this post

Reply to this thread