HomeLatest ThreadsGreatest ThreadsForums & GroupsMy SubscriptionsMy Posts
DU Home » Latest Threads » Forums & Groups » Main » Latest Breaking News (Forum) » Waldo residents see other...

Thu Jan 17, 2013, 11:39 PM

Waldo residents see other uses for Bingham school than Walmart

Source: KSHB

KANSAS CITY, Mo. - A group of Kansas City residents gathered Thursday night to brainstorm ways to keep a Walmart Neighborhood Market out of their community.
The group started as six people and quickly grew to about 50 residents. They met at the Keystone United Methodist Church to discuss other ideas for the old Bingham Middle School site in Waldo, which the Kansas City school district is selling.
Walmart has expressed interest in buying the property, but community members and small business owners in the area don’t think a large retailer is the best use of the land.
“It affects us all in every way,” small business owner Melissa Saubers said. “Whether it’s traffic, or taking away from our small business, it affects us all.”

Read more: http://www.kshb.com/dpp/news/local_news/waldo-residents-see-other-uses-for-bingham-school-than-walmart

2 replies, 982 views

Reply to this thread

Back to top Alert abuse

Always highlight: 10 newest replies | Replies posted after I mark a forum
Replies to this discussion thread
Arrow 2 replies Author Time Post
Reply Waldo residents see other uses for Bingham school than Walmart (Original post)
pstokely Jan 2013 OP
slackmaster Jan 2013 #1
s-cubed Jan 2013 #2

Response to pstokely (Original post)

Fri Jan 18, 2013, 12:14 AM

1. Where's Waldo?

Reply to this post

Back to top Alert abuse Link here Permalink

Response to slackmaster (Reply #1)

Fri Jan 18, 2013, 12:45 PM

2. My son LOVED where's Waldo.

I always had trouble finding him ( just below and to the right of the right hand blue and white umbrella, in a red striped shirt). I never appreciated at the time how complex the pictures were, nor how different each of the people were. I got revenge, though, I gave his daughter a Waldo book! LOL, thanks for the memories.

Reply to this post

Back to top Alert abuse Link here Permalink

Reply to this thread