HomeLatest ThreadsGreatest ThreadsForums & GroupsMy SubscriptionsMy Posts
DU Home » Latest Threads » Forums & Groups » Main » Latest Breaking News (Forum) » Oklahoma Gov. Mary Fallin...
Introducing Discussionist: A new forum by the creators of DU

Thu Jan 17, 2013, 04:42 PM

Oklahoma Gov. Mary Fallin Wants To Carry A Gun

Source: Huffington Post

Oklahoma Gov. Mary Fallin Wants To Carry A Gun
The Huffington Post | By John Celock Posted: 01/17/2013 3:50 pm EST | Updated: 01/17/2013 4:16 pm EST

Oklahoma Gov. Mary Fallin (R) wants to be able to carry a gun in her purse.

Fallin, who owns handguns, has applied for a concealed carry permit so that she does not have to leave her gun behind at the governor's mansion, NewsOk.com reported. Fallin, who has an armed security detail, explained that she wanted to carry the gun with her for safety.

NewsOk.com reports:

“It's good for my own personal safety to be able to carry if I choose to do that,” she said. “From a private citizen's standpoint, it's a matter of personal safety to be able to carry if a person chooses to do that. It may be right for some; it may not be right for others.”

Under current state law, Fallin would not be allowed to bring the gun into the state Capitol with her.

Read more: http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2013/01/17/mary-fallin-guns_n_2498058.html?utm_hp_ref=politics

17 replies, 2700 views

Reply to this thread

Back to top Alert abuse

Always highlight: 10 newest replies | Replies posted after I mark a forum
Replies to this discussion thread

Response to Judi Lynn (Original post)

Thu Jan 17, 2013, 04:45 PM

1. Great one more fucking gun nut that lives in my neighborhood.

Exaggerating only slightly for effect I live about 2.5 miles from the governor's mansion.

Reply to this post

Back to top Alert abuse Link here Permalink

Thu Jan 17, 2013, 04:48 PM

2. Knock yourself out, Mary. Of course if everyone knows it's not all that "concealed".

She's going to have a helluva time getting into anything official, not to mention concerts and ball games, isn't she?

Reply to this post

Thu Jan 17, 2013, 04:49 PM

3. What the Oklahoma Highway Patrol isn't good enough?

http://newsok.com/gov.-mary-fallin-defends-oklahomas-existing-gun-laws/article/3746490

"Fallin, who already has armed troopers assigned to provide security for her, said she decided
to get a concealed gun permit because she and her husband also possess handguns."

Reply to this post

Response to Botany (Reply #3)

Thu Jan 17, 2013, 05:12 PM

8. She just has affairs with the state troopers

Reply to this post

Response to OKNancy (Reply #8)

Thu Jan 17, 2013, 09:27 PM

16. Another conservative hypocrite!

"A court brief filed by Joseph Fallin alleges that a private investigator who was following the lieutenant governor saw her and a Highway Patrol trooper kissing each other on the lips. The brief also alleged that Mary Fallin was ``apparently'' consulting with an alleged fortune teller or psychic during her deteriorating marriage.

The brief also alleges that Joseph Fallin was suspected by his wife of laundering money and dealing with "the syndicate."

Thanks for the link.

Reply to this post

Thu Jan 17, 2013, 04:59 PM

4. So what happens when

one of her armed guards jumps in front of the perp to protect her just as she pulls the trigger?

Reply to this post

Response to nykym (Reply #4)

Thu Jan 17, 2013, 06:54 PM

13. Or better yet....

...she accidentally drops it and it goes off, hitting an innocent bystander, all because idiotically she's walking around with one in the chamber.

Reply to this post

Response to paleotn (Reply #13)

Thu Jan 17, 2013, 07:11 PM

14. Guns do not do that.

Unless they are really really old, or broken. Modern guns are drop safe.

The problem is not the in the dropping. It is in the catching, which usually results in fingers getting into the trigger guard and pulling the trigger when you did not want to do so. The best thing to do with a dropped gun is to let it hit the floor.

Reply to this post

Thu Jan 17, 2013, 05:00 PM

5. Aw, c'mon Gov., why not open carry and be done with it?

Strut your stuff, if a know what I mean.

Reply to this post

Thu Jan 17, 2013, 05:03 PM

6. Get in the pool! How many days 'til a Republican elected official shoots themselves accidentally?

Hope it's not fatal.

Reply to this post

Thu Jan 17, 2013, 05:05 PM

7. good, we can dump the "armed security detail" & any police supprt to save money nt

Reply to this post

Thu Jan 17, 2013, 05:29 PM

9. She may be gunning for one of her daughters ex husbands

she has had two this past year.....

Reply to this post

Thu Jan 17, 2013, 05:42 PM

10. Hey, Gov. Fallin: Let's Settle This Texas vs. Oklahoma Thing For Good.

I'll temporarily drop my stance against high-capacity magazines if you'll just challenge Rick Perry to a duel. Forget the pistols, I'm talking assault rifles at twenty paces. Sell tickets (I'll buy one), with the proceeds going to your favorite oil and gas companies. Whoever loses, it's going to boost the I.Q. of both states. Whadaya say?

(Sarcasm alert, for those poor souls in need of it.)

Reply to this post

Response to Paladin (Reply #10)

Thu Jan 17, 2013, 05:59 PM

11. hey, it worked for Aaron Burr.

Reply to this post

Response to Paladin (Reply #10)

Thu Jan 17, 2013, 06:54 PM

12. Yee-haw! Go Longhorns!

Reply to this post

Thu Jan 17, 2013, 09:22 PM

15. And look! She wants drones too

http://thislandpress.com/roundups/oklahoma-to-advance-drone-technology/

Oklahoma, largely through the efforts of Gov. Mary Fallin, was “the first state chosen as a testing site for small unmanned aircraft systems,” The Oklahoman reported. “The Federal Aviation Administration is expected to approve regulations for the drones by 2015, and it’s possible Oklahoma could gain hundreds more jobs by 2025, according to a study commissioned by the Association for Unmanned Vehicle Systems International,” according to the paper.

Drones are already being tested over restricted airspace at Fort Sill, the paper reported, “to be used for purposes such as search-and-rescue efforts or responding to natural disasters such as tornadoes and fires.”

Some, however, are concerned about issues of privacy—a concern addressed by a representative of the ACLU at a conference Wednesday designed to promote the benefits of making Oklahoma, as Fallin put it, “a national leader in the advancement of UAS.”

Let's all make some money manufacturing robot death sky monsters...

Reply to this post

Fri Jan 18, 2013, 09:59 AM

17. I'm sure her armed guard detail loves this. nt

Reply to this post

Reply to this thread