HomeLatest ThreadsGreatest ThreadsForums & GroupsMy SubscriptionsMy Posts
DU Home » Latest Threads » Forums & Groups » Main » Latest Breaking News (Forum) » Top Jewish senator backs ...

Tue Jan 15, 2013, 03:01 PM

Top Jewish senator backs Hagel after Iran stance clarified

This discussion thread was locked as off-topic by OKNancy (a host of the Latest Breaking News forum).

Source: Jerusalem Post

US Senator Chuck Schumer supports Chuck Hagel's nomination as defense secretary, saying his concerns over stance on Israel, Iran were addressed, describing Hagel as "forthcoming and sincere"; encourages Senate support.

<snip>

"US Senator Chuck Schumer said on Tuesday that he had decided to support Chuck Hagel's nomination as defense secretary, providing a critical boost to the former Republican senator's chances of being confirmed by the Senate.

Schumer, a key Democrat from New York state, said his concerns over Hagel's positions on Israel, Iran and other issues were addressed after they met with for about 90 minutes on Monday. He described Hagel as "forthcoming and sincere."

"Based on several key assurances provided by Senator Hagel, I am currently prepared to vote for his confirmation," Schumer said. "I encourage my Senate colleagues who have shared my previous concerns to also support him."

Read more: http://www.jpost.com/International/Article.aspx?id=299683

3 replies, 619 views

Cannot reply in locked threads

Back to top Alert abuse

Always highlight: 10 newest replies | Replies posted after I mark a forum
Replies to this discussion thread
Arrow 3 replies Author Time Post
Reply Top Jewish senator backs Hagel after Iran stance clarified (Original post)
Scurrilous Jan 2013 OP
elleng Jan 2013 #1
jaysunb Jan 2013 #2
OKNancy Jan 2013 #3

Response to Scurrilous (Original post)

Tue Jan 15, 2013, 03:11 PM

1. 'Top Jewish Senator!' HA!

Back to top Alert abuse Link here Permalink

Response to elleng (Reply #1)

Tue Jan 15, 2013, 03:56 PM

2. +1

Good thing the right has a clamp on the MSM, otherwise those fake outrage of Hagel referring to the "Jewish lobby" be laughed at rather than reported.

Response to Scurrilous (Original post)

Tue Jan 15, 2013, 03:59 PM

3. duplicate topic