HomeLatest ThreadsGreatest ThreadsForums & GroupsMy SubscriptionsMy Posts
DU Home » Latest Threads » Forums & Groups » Main » Latest Breaking News (Forum) » Disgraced cyclist Lance A...
Introducing Discussionist: A new forum by the creators of DU

Sat Jan 12, 2013, 11:50 AM

Disgraced cyclist Lance Armstrong to admit to doping during Oprah Winfrey interview

This discussion thread was locked as off-topic by OKNancy (a host of the Latest Breaking News forum).

Source: Washington Post

AUSTIN, Texas Lance Armstrong will make a limited confession to doping during his televised interview with Oprah Winfrey next week, according to a person with knowledge of the situation.

Armstrong, who has long denied doping, will also offer an apology during the interview scheduled to be taped Monday at his home in Austin, Texas, according to the person who spoke on condition of anonymity because there was no authorization to speak publicly on the matter.

While not directly saying he would confess or apologize, Armstrong sent a text message to The Associated Press early Saturday that said: I told her (Winfrey) to go wherever she wants and Ill answer the questions directly, honestly and candidly. Thats all I can say.

A confession would be a dramatic break from more than 13 years of vehement denials from Armstrong that he took performance-enhancing drugs to win the Tour de France seven times.

Read more: http://www.washingtonpost.com/sports/report-disgraced-cyclist-lance-armstrong-to-admit-to-doping-during-oprah-winfrey-interview/2013/01/12/da6ef0be-5c85-11e2-b8b2-0d18a64c8dfa_story.html

All these years I really thought all the doping allegations was just sour grapes.

5 replies, 816 views

Cannot reply in locked threads

Back to top Alert abuse

Always highlight: 10 newest replies | Replies posted after I mark a forum
Replies to this discussion thread
Arrow 5 replies Author Time Post
Reply Disgraced cyclist Lance Armstrong to admit to doping during Oprah Winfrey interview (Original post)
Seedersandleechers Jan 2013 OP
Ron Green Jan 2013 #1
Papagoose Jan 2013 #2
underpants Jan 2013 #3
KeepItReal Jan 2013 #4
OKNancy Jan 2013 #5

Response to Seedersandleechers (Original post)

Sat Jan 12, 2013, 11:57 AM

1. If he wants have a reasonable legacy,

he's got to come clean, stop the politics. His sin was lying for years about a toxic system that he made use of.

Back to top Alert abuse Link here Permalink

Sat Jan 12, 2013, 11:58 AM

2. This makes me sad.

Lance Armstrong was one of the few athletes I regarded as a hero.

Sat Jan 12, 2013, 12:11 PM

3. This is going to open him up to perjury charges and civil suits

dumb move Lance

Sat Jan 12, 2013, 12:19 PM

4. Is he gonna apologize to the people he intimidated or careers he ruined?

60 minutes did scathing report on this guy.

Sat Jan 12, 2013, 12:54 PM

5. duplicate

feel free to post in the older thread: http://www.democraticunderground.com/1014365774