HomeLatest ThreadsGreatest ThreadsForums & GroupsMy SubscriptionsMy Posts
DU Home » Latest Threads » Forums & Groups » Main » Latest Breaking News (Forum) » George P. Bush weighing r...
Introducing Discussionist: A new forum by the creators of DU

Sat Jan 12, 2013, 11:36 AM

George P. Bush weighing run in Texas

This discussion thread was locked as off-topic by Rhiannon12866 (a host of the Latest Breaking News forum).

Source: Associated Press

AUSTIN, Texas (AP) -- George Prescott Bush is gearing up to run for a little-known but powerful office in a state where his family already is a political dynasty and where his Hispanic roots could help extend a stranglehold on power Republicans have enjoyed for two decades.

The 36-year-old Fort Worth attorney says he is close to settling on campaigning for Texas land commissioner next year. He doesn't expect to make up his mind until he knows what Texas Gov. Rick Perry, a fellow Republican, decides to do.

"We for sure are running, the question is the office," Bush told The Associated Press during the first interview about his political future since filing paperwork in November to seek elected office in Texas.

Bush's father is former Florida Gov. Jeb Bush, his grandfather is former President George H.W. Bush and his uncle is former President and Texas Gov. George W. Bush. Perry has been governor since George W. left for the White House.

Read more: http://hosted.ap.org/dynamic/stories/U/US_THE_NEXT_BUSH?SITE=AP&SECTION=HOME&TEMPLATE=DEFAULT&CTIME=2013-01-12-03-23-03

FILE - In this Monday, Sept. 24, 2012, file photo George P. Bush, right, stands with his uncle former President George W. Bush, left, during the Bush Center Warrior Open in Irving, Texas. George P. Bush, the 36-year-old attorney from Fort Worth and son of former Florida Gov. Jeb Bush has taken steps toward seeking elected office in Texas, and his father has said his son is considering a run for the state’s land commissioner. (AP Photo/LM Otero, File)

9 replies, 1283 views

Cannot reply in locked threads

Back to top Alert abuse

Always highlight: 10 newest replies | Replies posted after I mark a forum
Replies to this discussion thread

Response to jsr (Original post)

Sat Jan 12, 2013, 11:46 AM

1. Yeah.....another George Bush in office.....yeah.....

Back to top Alert abuse Link here Permalink

Sat Jan 12, 2013, 11:49 AM

2. That's all the confirmation I need to know I've definitely not been raptured and am in hell.

Sat Jan 12, 2013, 11:51 AM

3. OMG, When will it ever stop?

Sat Jan 12, 2013, 11:51 AM

4. A new law should ban any progencies of Prescott Bush or anybody convicted with Trading with the

Enemy Act during WWII or otherwise should be forever banned from running for any office except rat-catcher in the sewer jobs.

Sat Jan 12, 2013, 11:59 AM

5. I feel like I'm in one of those horror movies...

.... where the creature simply will not die!
It just keeps coming back.

Will somebody please drive a metaphorical wooden stake thru the heart of the Bush family?

Sat Jan 12, 2013, 12:00 PM

6. I'm very thankful there is a young Kennedy on the horizon... nt

Sat Jan 12, 2013, 12:34 PM

7. There is a phrase for moments like this.

Sat Jan 12, 2013, 02:07 PM

8. If Republicans think P. Bush and Marco Rubio will win over Hispanics

just because they have Hispanic blood, think again. We didn't vote for Ted Cruz and we have our own Hispanic superstars.

Go, Julian and Joaquin Castro!

Sat Jan 12, 2013, 02:30 PM

9. Locking, sorry, this is a duplicate. Please continue discussion and post updates here: